• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The topic is David  Wilkerson prophecies. If he spoke them in God's name then he is a false prophet, because they were specific enough. If he didn't speak in God's name then he is just deceived with his own opinion.

The true prophets of God have some prophecies yet to come to pass but all their 'near' prophecies did come to pass thus authenticating their words.

ok thanks Yowm, that brings some clarity , not a subject i have any knowledge about

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

53 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

The Bible doesn't say if SOME of a person's prophecies don't come true it's still OK. It's pretty clear, if ANY fail to be accurate-then he is NOT getting them from God. If Wilkerson was getting his prophecies from God, then they would ALL be accurate if so much as one prophecy did not come true, then that is proof he is not divinely inspired.

Since they are NOT all true, then the facts are, he is not a prophet of God. It's as simple as that. He is at best, a misguided minister, but most likely a liar and a false prophet. 

so then that makes me wonder why do people do this sort of thing.  i mean he must have believed he was prophesying otherwise ....but like you say. gosh who would want to be a prophet :run to the hills n double quick:!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

15 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

so then that makes me wonder why do people do this sort of thing.  i mean he must have believed he was prophesying otherwise ....but like you say. gosh who would want to be a prophet :run to the hills n double quick:!

I don't know. Some, may have the best of intentions. Some buy into this christian mysticism, and open themselves up to demonic forces unknowingly. Some I'm sure are full aware of what they're doing. I don't know what Wilkerson's intentions were, good or bad, I'm just stating the obvious in that he is not a prophet of God.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Are you asking me to judge him? I'm not a student of his nor ever was. What little I know of him, I don't recall that he ever prefaced his 'visions' or 'prophecies' with something like "Thus saith the Lord!"...but I may be wrong. If that's the case, I just take it as his opinion. That's the best construction I can put on the matter.  

If you are speaking about Dr. David Wilkerson, he was a man of God through and through. 50 years in the ministry is proof of that.  I grew up on Dave Wilkerson's ministry.  Yes again he was a man of God.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

I think what is question is this...

You say Now he proclaiming... are you talking about present day?  Because David Wilkerson has been gone for several years.  He was killed in a car accident.  I only know this man had a heart of God and people.  His passion was seeing people come to Jesus.  If you know anything about Niki Cruz he was one of David Wilkerson's first ones that came to Christ.  Niki Cruz is still preaching the Gospel 60 years later.  He was a remarkable man. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

As Christians we need to be careful in interpreting our dreams, if they are of the flesh, of God, or evil influences. If it was from the Holy Spirit I'm certain we would know.

Amos 3:7 (KJV)  Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Matthew 10:28 and Ezekiel 3:17-19 are also applicable for today.

I personally don't know who are God's prophets of today. I know there are a multitude of false prophets and false teachers teaching non biblical doctrine going on today, and the 'prosperity Gospel' articulated in many of the mega churches. That's not to say a preacher, minister or man of God doesn't get a revelation / warning of future events. If a trusted pastor gets such a revelation, I wouldn't know how to 'test it' other than the Bible, the Word of God. We have to be discerning in the times we live. 

As I've mentioned in a number of my posts, I don't believe America is in end-time prophecy because we are irrelevant, missing, a non entity. I suspect we are one of the 'isles living securely' mentioned in scripture that will be destroyed in God's judgement of America? I further speculate nuclear weapons will be involved, be it direct missile hits, an EMP attack by N. Korea, an Iranian ship off our coast or a Russian preemptive strike, who knows?

As a veteran and patriotic American I am deeply concerned about our fate as a nation. As a Christian, we live in a temporary flesh body for a very short time, our permanent home is with the Lord in Heaven. I'm very interested in the subject and study it, but our fate and destiny is in the Lord's hands and I'm not going to live in fear. 

God Bless

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

As Christians we need to be careful in interpreting our dreams, if they are of the flesh, of God, or evil influences. If it was from the Holy Spirit I'm certain we would know.

Amos 3:7 (KJV)  Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Matthew 10:28 and Ezekiel 3:17-19 are also applicable for today.

I personally don't know who are God's prophets of today. I know there are a multitude of false prophets and false teachers teaching non biblical doctrine going on today, and the 'prosperity Gospel' articulated in many of the mega churches. That's not to say a preacher, minister or man of God doesn't get a revelation / warning of future events. If a trusted pastor gets such a revelation, I wouldn't know how to 'test it' other than the Bible, the Word of God. We have to be discerning in the times we live. 

As I've mentioned in a number of my posts, I don't believe America is in end-time prophecy because we are irrelevant, missing, a non entity. I suspect we are one of the 'isles living securely' mentioned in scripture that will be destroyed in God's judgement of America? I further speculate nuclear weapons will be involved, be it direct missile hits, an EMP attack by N. Korea, an Iranian ship off our coast or a Russian preemptive strike, who knows?

As a veteran and patriotic American I am deeply concerned about our fate as a nation. As a Christian, we live in a temporary flesh body for a very short time, our permanent home is with the Lord in Heaven. I'm very interested in the subject and study it, but our fate and destiny is in the Lord's hands and I'm not going to live in fear. 

God Bless

I think dreams are dreams. That is all. God gave us dreams to work out issues that are unresolved not to give us prophesy. Maybe way back in the Bible times but it is not for now.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

19 hours ago, RobertS said:

But not as frequent as now Jade.

I'm not standing for David Wilkerson here, but if for one moment we think things have been "continuing as they always have", we're wrong.

Tell me where homosexuality was accepted as the norm then? How widespread was divorce amongst pastors? Abortion? Apostasy? Biblical illiteracy?

Regardless of Wilkerson's or anyone else's "prophecies", we are not in the Tribulation but we are in the season.

19 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Lol I certainly didnt say things are as they always have been. But it was put forth that it was unimaginable then. I dont think it was unimaginable. 

"Continuing as they always have" is very subjective, as I agree with Jade.  Even as a young teen I could see the swing of morality and difficult times ahead and I continue to see the same, so for me, things are continuing as they always have ... a downward spiral.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Whaaa? Was this even in this thread (I'll have to look back).

I never said being homeless is fun.

I never said 'no help should be given them'.

A Prophet representing the Lord is given words from the Lord and is supposed to be let it known by something like, "The Lord says...", otherwise how are we to know if it is supposedly coming from God?

Ignore list?...been there done that.

No it wasnt in this thread. It is from another thread that he is bringing up here. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

If you are speaking about Dr. David Wilkerson, he was a man of God through and through. 50 years in the ministry is proof of that.  I grew up on Dave Wilkerson's ministry.  Yes again he was a man of God.

He may have been a christian-but several of his "prophecies" have shown up as not true, so at some point he strayed.