• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

i pray loads and follow his word

That is a lie, obviously from what you posted above, you DO NOT follow His Word.

In His Truth,

Suzanne

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

how exactly is that suppose to help? i follow his word as much as i understand it and can apply it during these slightly crippling situations, i see were all still loving and upholding each other like christ taught :thumbsup:

Dear reaperman,

You are obviously not following the Word, and you have not repented of your sins.

Here is the Truth of the matter:

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

When you knowingly are doing things that are hurtful to those around you, by your sin, then you are not repentant. When you decide you REALLY want to stop hurting them, and begin to love, then you must repent, and ask Jesus to "save" you. You must then replace the darkness you are walking in, with the Light of the Lord Jesus. And, that means having a broken spirit over your sin, to the point that you want to be healed. When you ask Jesus to help you, then you will partake of His Word, which has the power to overcome any darkness that you are walking in.

1 John 3 11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

reaperman, you are not broken over your sins, or else you would not be so boastful about them here. You walk in a spirit of pride, rather than brokenness. When you are ready to surrender to Christ, then you will call out to Him, but as long as you continue in your way, then you will suffer the consequences.

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

When you truly decide you want to be healed and take hold of His Word, He has the power to do so, but you must want it!

how exactly is that suppose to help? i follow his word as much as i understand it and can apply it during these slightly crippling situations, i see were all still loving and upholding each other like christ taught.

I am telling you THE TRUTH reaperman. You can take it and live!

Psalm 34:11 Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord. 12 Who is the man who desires life, And loves many days, that he may see good? 13 Keep your tongue from evil, And your lips from speaking deceit. 14 Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it. 15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry. 16 The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. 17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. 18 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

You must come to the Lord and believe in His Word:

Psalm 32

1 A Psalm of David. A Contemplation. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered. 2 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit. 3 When I kept silent, my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long. 4 For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah 5 I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah 6 For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You In a time when You may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near him.

7 You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah 8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. 9 Do not be like the horse or like the mule, Which have no understanding, Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, Else they will not come near you. 10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him. 11 Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous; And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

In His Love,

Suzanne

Acts 26:18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.'

Col. 1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Abraham believed in God's power....to do what He had promised!!! It was credited to him as righteousness.(Romans 4)

Take hold of the power of His Grace to deliver us from sin, and defeat it!

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous. 20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

In His LOVE,

Suzanne

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

when was being honest the same as being boastful? living in the light, isnt that an idolatrous idea though? which in itsself is a sin, which means god wont come near me and i have no hope of being "rightgeous" becuase there is no such thing, becase every little thing is a sin which i cant stop. its not a case of not wanting to, i dont want to walk around with this buring pain in my soul if it was as easy to just stop sin 100% id have done it by now. we clearly interperate a differnat perspecitve of what is written in the bible, which was written by man. i do want to be saved hence acctually not being able to sleep last nite for fear of the evil spirits in my room and litterally crying out to god to take it all away, i believe and i call but i know were all differant ppl on differant paths in life and simply telling me to be really sorry and live a model life just isnt something like reality to me at the moment, i will read and study the scriptures youve posted and will pray (for what its worth) on the matter and i hope i become a differant person to the one i was when i posted my original message here.

Dear reaper,

It's not about what you "can" do, it's about what Jesus has already done. He was raised from the dead to prove the Power of God. If He has authority over death, then don't you think He also has authority over the power of sin??? You have to believe that Jesus IS Who He says HE IS! That He has the power to save you! You can't just say you believe in Him, and then spend your time getting high and drunk. You stated that you have trouble understanding the Word. If you are spending your time getting high and drunk AND trying to spend time in His Word, then that would make it hard.

reaperman, I do hope that you would truly consider God's Word important. If you want to believe, you must see Who He Is by His Word. Take the time, invest the time, devote the time, cry out to Him to help you "see" and "understand" His Word, and then apply yourself to spending time with him. I mean how else can you show that you want to be with Someone, than BEING with them??? Spend time with Him reaperman. Pray and believe and be healed. He Is Able, He Is God.

I will remember you in my prayers reaperman.

In His Love,

Suzanne

living in the light, isnt that an idolatrous idea though?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

John 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

i will read and study the scriptures youve posted and will pray (for what its worth) on the matter and i hope i become a differant person to the one i was when i posted my original message here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is possible reaperman, I have witnessed it. With God all things are possible. Jesus has power over all of the things that are taking you captive.

Matthew 19:25 When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?" 26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new.

I do hope that you will devote yourself to seeking Him through His Word. Stay in It! Begin in the Book of John and then go to 1 John. Take hold of Him/His Word, and ask for His mercy.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...

Today's Devotional from Henry Blackaby

COMFORTABLE IN OUR BONDAGE

5/6/2005

And they said to them, "Let the Lord look on you and judge, because you have made us abhorrent in the sight of Pharaoh and in the sight of his servants, to put a sword in their hand to kill us."

-- EXODUS 5:21

It is possible for people to become so accustomed to their bondage that they resist efforts to free them. The Hebrews had been slaves in Egypt for four hundred years. Slavery meant that they were not free to do God's will or to go where they wanted. Moses had come to tell the Israelites how they could experience freedom, yet they were more concerned about the reaction of their taskmasters than they were about pleasing God. For them to be free would mean that the pharaoh they were serving would be angry! It would mean that the Egyptians they had served all their lives might attack them. Freedom from their slavery did not seem to be worth the hardships they would inevitably endure. When God sets out to free us there will often be a price we will have to pay. Grief can be a terrible form of bondage, yet we can become comfortable with it. We can grow so comfortable with fear that we don't know how to live without it. As destructive as our sinful habits and lifestyle might be, we may prefer living with the familiar, rather than being freed to experience the unknown. We may recognize the harmful influence of a friend but choose to reject God's will rather than offend our friend. As incredible as it seems, the Israelites were angry at Moses for disrupting the life of slavery to which they had grown accustomed. Have you been lulled into a comfortable relationship with your bondage? Do you fear change more than you fear God? Are you willing to allow God to do what is necessary in order to free you?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  535
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1957

It all comes down to faith. Believing in something we can't see. Putting our trust in the unseen.

We all sin. We all fall. Stumbling is part of the walk. We must learn from our mistakes. Realizing our faults and trying to stay away from the things that trigger them.

Many people don't do this. They take it for granted that since Christ died for them, their sins are covered. It doesn't work that way.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. God knows we are weak. He knows the things we are confronted with day in and day out. He doesn't condemn us for the things we do, He condemns us for the things we think. He searches the heart. He knows if our falls are intentional or caused by something we know nothing about.

We commit countless sins on a daily basis without realizing it. We do and think things we are unaware of and God realizes that. That's where the blood of Christ comes in. We are foregiven of those sins automatically.

If we knowingly sin and do not take it to God, those sins are not forgiven. If we stumble and know we stumbled and take it to God, He will be true to His Word and forgive us of those sins. If we take our sins to God and our heart is not in it, He knows. He knows who's paying lip service and who isn't. He can't be fooled.

He knows our level of faith and what weakens us and will guide us around those obstacles if we let Him.

God searches the heart. He knows who is true to Him and who isn't.

It's all about faith.

My opinion

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Suzanne,

Good topic. I'm new so I'm getting in late on things. It's so good to hear people talking about overcoming sin. You would think that that would be the primary interest in life for a Christian, being that our sins killed Jesus. I have found it very difficult to get most christians even to deal with 1John. It seems to me that if we keep sinning known sin, then we're not much different than the unsaved. There are many unsaved people who don't want to sin either, but they don't have the power to change. Without this type of Belief, we have a false gospel, or an empty gospel.

I think a lot of the problem comes from a faulty understanding of salvation and faith. The Bible says that the 'born again' person has died to the old man, been crucified with Christ, and that Jesus has come in, through the Spirit, as Lord and Master to dwell in the heart. The real, personal Jesus actually lives in the heart of the true believer. Real faith believes (is totally convinced of) these things. If I have died with Christ, then He is the only one in control. He is the head, the planner, the decision maker, I am just the follower, carrying out in the body the will of the Lord. The person who really believes that he has been (already done) crucified with Christ, and that Jesus really lives in his heart as Lord and Master allows Christ to live His life through him. People who keep on sinning don't really believe this.

GAL 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ

liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the

faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

ROM 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may

abound?

6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer

therein?

6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ

were baptized into his death?

6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as

Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even

so we also should walk in newness of life.

6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we

shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body

of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live

with him:

1COR 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:

for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them,

because they are spiritually discerned.

2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of

no man.

2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct

him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Scripture says that Jesus is coming back for a church without spot or wrinkle.

This is going to surprise many who cry 'Lord, Lord didn't we' and Jesus says depart from me ye workers of iniquity.

EPH 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it (His church) with the washing of water bythe word,

5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having

spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and

without blemish.

MAT 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the

kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is

in heaven.

7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not

prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and

in thy name done many wonderful works?

7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from

me, ye that work iniquity.

7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth

them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a

rock:

All who really believe this will be able to give up sin. If I'm dead, then it doesn't matter how weak I am or what my sins are, I am dead. This levels the playing field. Whatever my condition, it doesn't matter, for I am out of the equation. From now on all is of God, all is Jesus working in me. Yes I have self to ignore, for it doesn't disappear, but Christ will live His life through me just as He did it through Paul. With Christ I can do all things including give up all sin.

Love in Christ

Dennis