Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think many would disagree we have many people worldwide and here in the US suffering from mental illness. Re-reading the entire Gospels here lately a thought had occurred to me. Not counting His disciples, in just the Gospels Jesus cast out probably hundreds or maybe thousands of demons and unclean spirits, just in His day. Based on the few biblical descriptions we have on the possessed, in this day and age, I'm thinking it would most likely be diagnosed as mental illness, mental disorder, multiple personality, etc. In every case I'm aware of, drug cocktails seems to be the solution and permanent treatment.

Our culture and prisons are overflowing with what is deemed 'mental illness' these days. Based on the population of Jesus day and how many were possessed with demons and unclean spirits, it makes me wonder if in this population explosion age in which we live, if there are exponentially more demons and unclean spirits inhabiting humanity disguised as mental illness? There seems to be no manmade cure or rehabilitation in either of the disorders in this advanced age. Just some control with constant ingestion of powerful pharmaceuticals. 

Do you suppose we have a bigger problem with demons and unclean spirits today than we're lead to believe or even realize?

Eph 6: 12 (KJV) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Not to be a smart alec, but reading this prior to the presidential election, Hillary Clinton was entering my mind?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

32 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

it makes me wonder if in this population explosion age in which we live, if there are exponentially more demons and unclean spirits inhabiting humanity disguised as mental illness...

Dennis,

I believe you have hit the nail on the head. But the so-called "mental health professionals" have turned a blind eye to the spirit world and demonic activity.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I don't doubt that demons still possess people and they're often confused as mentally ill

But also keep in mind many mental illnesses are indeed just that. Just because someone suffers from mental illness doesn't mean they are possessed or struggle with demons. And I don't think your saying that but I do want to clarify so that people don't misread it and think your saying that everyone with mental issues has demons in them, it's a unfair judgement.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Is demon possession/oppression a real thing - curable only via spiritual means?  Yes.

Is mental illness, apart from demonic influence a real thing - treatable with therapy and medications?  Yes.

To discount one over this other is not wise. 

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, Jayne said:

To discount one over this other is not wise. 

Tell that to the smug mental health professionals.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,170
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

28 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I don't doubt that demons still possess people and they're often confused as mentally ill

But also keep in mind many mental illnesses are indeed just that. Just because someone suffers from mental illness doesn't mean they are possessed or struggle with demons. And I don't think your saying that but I do want to clarify so that people don't misread it and think your saying that everyone with mental issues has demons in them, it's a unfair judgement.

that is very true Patriot....   when dealing with people who are thought to be possessed one has to rule out mental illness for the two are very similar.....    and if you do to a mentally ill person what usually is done to rid a person of a possession, it is extremely long term damaging to the person.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

The devil is the author of all sin, sickness, and disease. There was no such thing in the entire Earth until he usurped Adams reign. Jesus gave us back the power to come to Him for all forgiveness, and healing.

We are empowered to do even greater works than He.

John 14:12, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

No I'm not saying that what-so-ever, I'm well aware of mental illness as it runs in my own family. My brother took his own life just a couple years ago, so by no means am I lumping them together. Watching some of these programs on MSNBC like "Lockup Raw", women in prison and the like. The horrible disgusting crimes many of them commit, leads me to think a lot of them are in fact in their right minds? But I'm not that knowledgeable to determine the difference between mental illness and demonic possession / influence.  I was merely speculating that if there were that may unclean spirits in Jesus's day, I would assume there would be many more in this day and age.

Edited by Dennis1209

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

No I'm not saying that what-so-ever, I'm well aware of mental illness as it runs in my own family. My brother took his own life just a couple years ago, so by no means am I lumping them together. Watching some of these programs on MSNBC like "Lockup Raw", women in prison and the like. The horrible disgusting crimes many of them commit, leads me to think a lot of them are in fact in their right minds? But I'm not that knowledgeable to determine the difference between mental illness and demonic possession / influence.  I was merely speculating that if there were that may unclean spirits in Jesus's day, I would assume there would be many more in this day and age.

I figured that was the case, I like to assume the best about people, I just figured it was worth clarification because it wasn't totally clear in your first post and it was possible someone might make some invalid assumptions about you. :-)

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I don't think many would disagree we have many people worldwide and here in the US suffering from mental illness. Re-reading the entire Gospels here lately a thought had occurred to me. Not counting His disciples, in just the Gospels Jesus cast out probably hundreds or maybe thousands of demons and unclean spirits, just in His day. Based on the few biblical descriptions we have on the possessed, in this day and age, I'm thinking it would most likely be diagnosed as mental illness, mental disorder, multiple personality, etc. In every case I'm aware of, drug cocktails seems to be the solution and permanent treatment.

Our culture and prisons are overflowing with what is deemed 'mental illness' these days. Based on the population of Jesus day and how many were possessed with demons and unclean spirits, it makes me wonder if in this population explosion age in which we live, if there are exponentially more demons and unclean spirits inhabiting humanity disguised as mental illness? There seems to be no manmade cure or rehabilitation in either of the disorders in this advanced age. Just some control with constant ingestion of powerful pharmaceuticals. 

Do you suppose we have a bigger problem with demons and unclean spirits today than we're lead to believe or even realize?

Eph 6: 12 (KJV) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Not to be a smart alec, but reading this prior to the presidential election, Hillary Clinton was entering my mind?

And that my friend is why we need Jesus, He set the captives free..

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free. Luke 4:8

There are  times when medication have a place in somebody's life, some people do not have enough serotine in their body to function right or many minds could be clouded by overuse of drugs :(

How do   recognize illness or possesion ?

A born again child of God is set free, the person who is not born again is blinded by this world and lives in a different state of mind,  not the mind of God ad could be therefore possessed?