• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,177
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It sounds as if your looking for a serious logic base founded on imperial facts that motivate the individual to come to God in faith!
Norman Geisler's 'I don't have enough faith to be an Athiest' would be an excellent place to gain what you seek!  Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

15 hours ago, truths33k3r said:

why is christianity the true religion?

Because "Christ" is in "Christianity". There can be only one true religion, since there is only one true God. The Lord Jesus Christ is GOD, with the Father, and the Holy Spirit.  He is also the Lamb of God who took away the sin of the world.  Therefore to have Christ within is to have eternal life.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/5/2016 at 8:18 PM, RustyAngeL said:

It is a relationship not so much a religion.  

And for me too it the only one who's "Leaders" grave is empty.  Jesus is alive and sits at the right Hand of His Father.

Religion says you must DO...

Christianity says... It's DONE!

Love this!!.....gonna use it a lot

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Because "Christ" is in "Christianity". There can be only one true religion, since there is only one true God. The Lord Jesus Christ is GOD, with the Father, and the Holy Spirit.  He is also the Lamb of God who took away the sin of the world.  Therefore to have Christ within is to have eternal life.                 Ezra

:amen:

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,177
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:11 PM, truths33k3r said:

James 1:27 (KJV)

[27] Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

The path of pure love defined in 1Cor 13 is the heart and beat of pure religion...  Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi truths33k3r

One argument for the fact that Christianity is the truth, is a person's testimony - how they came to the revelation that Jesus Christ is the truth!  I have a personal relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ His Son, His death on the cross and resurrection, by the power of the Holy Spirit.  I spent a long time searching for the truth.  I went down many roads but was never satisfied that any religion was the truth.  I could not rest until I found Him (He found me).  I got to a point where I could not resist the drawing power of the Holy Spirit. I had avoided Christianity because of childhood experiences of church where there was no life; only religion.  Step by step, like links in the chain, God lead me to Him.  I went to a church for the first time in many years where God gave me a revelation - Jesus Christ is the truth.  All I can say is that you will never discover Him until you take that first step of believing.  I was desperate for God.  I cried out, "God, I want you in my life".  Jeremiah 29:11-13 says: "For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." (emphasis mine).  Although this was written to the exiled people of Israel, it is often quoted to people now to let them know that if you seek God with all your heart, you will find Him.

Christianity is all about relationship with Christ our Saviour.  There is some religion - I religiously get up in the morning, I religiously have my prayer time with the Lord, I religiously read the Word, I religiously go to prayer meetings at my church and church on Sunday. I don't do these things out of duty, but because I want to.  When you love someone you want to be with them. The driving force is that He loved me enough to die for me - staggering, considering I was guttermost - and that He promises to "never leave me nor forsake me" and take me to the uttermost.  As someone has said, "It's not about what we do, it's about what He has done.".  No one else ever would, or even could, die for me.  No "religion" promises salvation.  I could go on and on, but I challenge you, truths33k3r, to do what I did.   You will never want to go back to your old existence.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 12/5/2016 at 3:11 PM, truths33k3r said:

I assume that you mean to ask: Why is Christianity or Christ the only true path to God?

The answer is that the God who created all things for his own purpose has unfolded his truth down through all the ages piecing together prophetic confirmation that tells the story and revelation of Christ and his salvation plan for the world. It is the only story that holds up throughout all of history. History, is his story. Do you believe his-tory?

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Omegaman's  answer was good, though I didn't read others.

The basis for religion must be TRUTH or you following a fantasy. With the bible you have so far 100% fulfilled prophecy its the most challenged for valid truth out of all the so called religions I am to believe.

One's search is to find the original against other so-called ancient religions. 

God said I will tell you beforehand, what will come to past so you will know it comes from Me, Christianity on that basis stands alone with no equal.

In its philosophy Christianity has no equal also, it's the only religion not based on one's own efforts.  Basing a religion on one's one effort is problematic by nature, because you will always end up judging your merits against another persons (Look how good I am) self elevation or failure. Humans are not good creatures Look how we treat our world & those in it.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

you might want to follow the course of history. This bible is the only book independently verified by other books as being truth ( events the bible claims have other books that verify that event happened).

lets look from the beginning and progress to Christianity as it is.

Genesis 1New International Version (NIV)

The Beginning

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

So God created the life you live and the air you breath. but notice the Bolden area God said let us, meaning he is speaking to someone.

John 1New International Version (NIV)

The Word Became Flesh

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

John 8 54-58

54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”

57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

so here we find the one God is speaking to in Genesis is Jesus Christ the Word of God. you might also notice that it mentions the words was with God and the word was God. so in it self it describes the deity of Christ Jesus.

Jesus never claimed anything directly as described in John 8:54 above as to why. But he did reveal his deity and his trinity in unification as being God come in the flesh. described in John 10:30

John 10 24-30

24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Now that we have established that Christianity is truly the Jewish religion fulfilled as promised by God in his word. The thing that separates Jews from Messianic Jews (Christians) is we believer Jesus is the promised savior as described in Isaiah 7: 14-16 was fuflled by Jesus Christ, the Jews are still waiting the promise mentioned in Isaiah. all things were fulfilled in their sight but they couldn't see the truth for the sin in there hearts and the full plan of God was to take the Gift that was theirs alone and spread it to  the gentiles and Jews alike.

as mentioned here in a parable by Jesus himself  describes the Jews rejection and corruption, and subsequent giving of the gift to the Gentiles.

Matthew 21: 33-45

33Listen to another parable: There was a landowner who planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a winepress in it, and built a tower. Then he rented it out to some tenants and went away on a journey.

34When the harvest time drew near, he sent his servants to the tenants to collect his share of the crop. 35But the tenants seized his servants. They beat one, killed another, and stoned a third.

36Again, he sent other servants, more than the first group. But the tenants did the same to them.

37Finally, he sent his son to them. ‘They will respect my son,’ he said.

38But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves, ‘This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and take his inheritance!’ 39And they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him.

40Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard returns, what will he do to those tenants?”

41“He will bring those wretches to a wretched end,” they declared, “and will rent out the vineyard to other tenants who will give him his fruits in their seasons.”

42Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

‘The stone the builders rejected

has become the cornerstone.

This is from the Lord,

and it is marvelous in our eyes’j?

43Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.k 44He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed.”

45When the chief priests and Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew He was speaking about them. 46Although they wanted to arrest Him, they feared the crowds, because they considered Jesus a prophet.

so with that God offer his salvation to all men rich and poor, free or slave. Just by out faith in Jesus Christ as our savoir and promised kind, and the only son of God and has made us coheirs unto righteousness through his blood and sacrifice for our sins.

Ephesians 3: 1-12

1For this reason, I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles...

2Surely you have heard about the stewardship of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are fellow heirs, fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus.

7I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace, given me through the working of His power. 8Though I am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9and to illuminate for everyone the stewardship of this mystery, which for ages past was hidden in God, who created all things. 10His purpose was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11according to the eternal purpose that He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

12In Him and through faith in Him we may enter God’s presence with boldness and confidence.

That is why we are Christians and Believe in the one true God that was born of a Virgin, lived a sinless life, but died a sinner death for you and me, risen from the dead after 3 days conquering death, and paying our fine on the cross. so now we have life, not death through him. we now are no long counted unworthy but worthy through him, by him.

we are Christians because he loved us first, and made a way where there was no way.

find a God that did all these things and was verified as doing so by more then one source. you can't. Jesus Christ is the one true and only God that did and showed love in doing so.

as said above in another post Every religion says do, Jesus it is done for you. When he died for your sins his last words were it is finished!!!

John 3:16-21 is something else to understand and consider

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Be blessed and seek God and his truth. Anyone of us will be more then willing to help you through the sinner prayer and finding Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior.