IGNORED

What does the Bible say about animal rights, if anything?

gerbilwoman

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Oh never mind. I posted something then felt well I shouldn't have said that. So never mind. Anyway girblegirl( I love you name by the way) God loves you very much. And I think that God loves all the animals he created. He said he knows when ever a Sparrows fall. ( Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care. Matthew:10:29)  Jesus talks about how God cares for the birds by feeding them (Matthew 6::26)   I believe it is a sin to be outright hurtful animals. If you have a special love for animals it is God who gave you that  special love. For God is love. And God wants you know just how much he loves you. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Davida said:

I was explaining my point, and the reason for my first post. Why would that have anything to do with you?

Well you quoted me. It came up on my little message thing saying that you did. But anyway, never mind all of that. I got carry away once again and said stuff I should not have said. I'm sorry. I mean well. I just don't know how to go about it at times. Sorry. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you everyone!

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Gerbil Girl, I'm sorry for being terse and blunt, I didn't realize what you we're going through until I read another thread of yours you started recently. 

It's okay, I accept your apology.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/7/2016 at 8:05 PM, gerbilgirl said:

I have very strong beliefs when it comes to animal rights.  I don't believe it is okay to eat factory farmed animal products.  Therefore, I eat very few animal products only from specific farms.  If I eat any animal products (not just meat) or anything that contains animal products that could have been factory farmed I feel very bad about myself and feel like a sinner and find myself praying for the animals and asking God for forgiveness.  I do feel it is okay to kill animals for food, we just need to slaughter animals humanely and treat them with kindness.  I also don't believe in wearing animals products or that cosmetics should be tested on animals.  

To get to my question, what does the Bible say about animal rights?  I've long questioned my faith and lately I feel it would be unacceptable for me to be of a religion that doesn't feel similarly to me.  I mean no offense to anyone.  

The oldest 'religion' in the world is "I want",  or "I will". 

No worries.  Y'SHUA died to set people everywhere free from that.  HE always knows what's best.  

No one has to go along with HIM.  (unless they want eternal life, of course).

Remember when MOST of HIS disciples walked AWAY from HIM,  (yes, most left HIM), 

HE let them go and never tried to get them back.   

Of course, unless they returned to HIM,   they died in shame and humiliation, and will be resurrected to destruction.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

On 12/7/2016 at 8:05 PM, gerbilgirl said:

I have very strong beliefs when it comes to animal rights.  I don't believe it is okay to eat factory farmed animal products.  Therefore, I eat very few animal products only from specific farms.  If I eat any animal products (not just meat) or anything that contains animal products that could have been factory farmed I feel very bad about myself and feel like a sinner and find myself praying for the animals and asking God for forgiveness.  I do feel it is okay to kill animals for food, we just need to slaughter animals humanely and treat them with kindness.  I also don't believe in wearing animals products or that cosmetics should be tested on animals.  

To get to my question, what does the Bible say about animal rights?  I've long questioned my faith and lately I feel it would be unacceptable for me to be of a religion that doesn't feel similarly to me.  I mean no offense to anyone.  

The bible has an answer for everything

Check out these sites gg http://rainbowsbridge.com/grief_support_center/grief_support/bibleandanimalabuse.htm , http://www.equip.org/article/is-animal-rights-a-biblical-concern/(They should answer you question)

18 hours ago, simplejeff said:

The oldest 'religion' in the world is "I want",  or "I will". 

No worries.  Y'SHUA died to set people everywhere free from that.  HE always knows what's best.  

No one has to go along with HIM.  (unless they want eternal life, of course).

Remember when MOST of HIS disciples walked AWAY from HIM,  (yes, most left HIM), 

HE let them go and never tried to get them back.   

Of course, unless they returned to HIM,   they died in shame and humiliation, and will be resurrected to destruction.

Who is Y'SHUA?

Thanks everyone.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hello,

Seems to me God not only says much about animal rights, He has used animals throughout the Bible to show man the brutality  of sin. And the absolute need of restoration.

From the first death at God's hand animal's have died because of the sin of Adam. 

God has severely punished men for their brutality against animals too. See the record of slashing of oxen to ruin the enemy by even rendering their animals of burden useless. Genesis 49 in it's entirety, but also special note of verse 6  and 7 

-  Let my soul come not into their council;

O my glory, be not joined to their company.

For in their anger they killed men,

and in their willfulness they hamstrung oxen.

Cursed be their anger, for it is fierce,

and their wrath, for it is cruel! -

God has used a system of animal blood sacrifice involving the death of many animals to illustrate the severity of man's sin and the need of a better way to atone for sin against Him than ritual offerings and annual temporary coverings of sin.

Jesus was sacrificed, willingly to  save all that believe on Jesus, and also ending the sacrifices of animals.

God illustrates that He watches over even the most common bird the sparrow, how much more must He loves us that are created in His image?

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

My thought is that none of us has the power in of ourselves to change what God has instituted. We cannot make perfection out of what is flawed by our doing, for only absolute perfection can redeem perfection lost.

Worry  about animal rights may be kind ( and it is ), but it to  risk going too far and risk  making of it an idol, even a kind of worship about animals and their rights, becomes in itself defeating, and likely a sin that may not advance the desire for being kind to animals.  

God has already  provided, by way of the ultimate sacrifice in blood, the means of forgivenness and to eternal life with Him, which is found in Jesus alone and his being sacrificed on the cross, his blood shed  to once and for all  bring the means of redemption and atonement  to the elect, the saints in Christ Jesus. 

God created perfection and all animals knew not death. Man by way  of Adam sinned and death was birthed. The second Adam, Jesus has brought victory over that final enemy death. God has sacrificed, even of Himself via the death of jesus on the cross, that we may live, and that the animals may rest  peacefully  at a time yet to come, together yet again.

least that 's the way I see it.

Thanks for starting this thread. It took me some minutes of  reading and some prayer and searching of the Bible to have the lightbulb of thought shine through the fog of morning, and realise this day that of course the Bible has much to say about animal "rights", only it is called salvation.

The entire reveal of Jesus throughout the Bible involves animals!

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Jesus is the shepherd, the Good Shepherd. The reveal of Jesus, that  "Scarlet Thread  of Redemption" woven from old Testament  through  the full body of text of the New testament, tells us of kindness to animals.

The model used to illustrate God's love for us is told in terms of the Good Shepherd that lays down His Life for His sheep, and how He loses not a one of the flock given Him by His Father.

Edited by Neighbor