• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Do you think that the Book of Revelation is future? What is your eschatology belief? Pre trib,mid trib, post trib?

Jesus will come to snatch the Church three and a half days after the first half of the seventieth week.

As for the book of Revelation, it has already been fulfilled, is being fulfilled and will be fulfilled, just as the Eternal is the One who is, who was and who is to come. (Revelation 1.8).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  253
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/11/1963

7 hours ago, inchrist said:

Just curious where do you tie the fall feasts?

Just a little background here, how the church responded to these Old Testament convocations. The phrase "a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day" refers to the annual, monthly, and weekly holy days of the Jewish calendar (1 Chronicles 23:31; 2 Chronicles 2:4; 31:3; Ezekiel 45:17; Hosea 2:11). The Sabbath was part of the Mosaic Law (Exodus 31:16-17; Ezekiel 20:12; Nehemiah 9:14). The church has never been obligated to observe Old Testament convocations, instead the early church met on the first day of the week (Acts 20:7). The yoke of the Law was decided, as expressed by Peter at the Jerusalem Council to be unbearable. Paul rebukes the Galatians for trying to observe them

But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain. (Gal. 4:9-11)

That said I'm not seeing anything directly related to eschatology, here are the references to the holy convocations of Leviticus:

1. The Sabbath (Lev. 23:3) - The Sabbath was a shadow, the substance is in Christ (Col. 2:16-17)
  2. The Passover and Unleavened Bread (Lev. 23:4-8) - Christ entered Jerusalem on this day and the Lord's Supper commemorates it.
  3. The Feast of Firstfruits (Lev. 23:9-14) - Related figuratively to the rise of the early believers, especially the Apostles (James 1:18)
  4. The Feast of Weeks (Lev. 23:15-22) - The only significant even I see in the New Testament was the coming of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2)
  5. The Day of Atonement (Lev. 23:23-25) - The Day of Atonement is revealed as the cross, a righteousness that is by faith (Rom. 3:19-21)
  6. The Feast of Trumpets (Lev. 23:26-32) - the Trumpet blasts as Levitical imagery is an important literary feature, little more.
  7. The Feast of Tabernacles (Lev. 33-43) - Not really seeing anything unless you wanted to relate it to the Jews fleeing the Antichrist.

I really don't see any direct connection and I'm not a big fan of allegorizing. There is ample reason to explore Trumpets and Tabernacles but more as an exposition rather then a means of interpretation. I don't think you could really template this over the Revelation per se but there does seem to be a pretty interesting analogy here for redemptive history and the rise of the New Testament church.

I'm not adverse to trying to find some eschatology in all of this but watch your New Testament theology on this. There are shadows of things found in Christ not limited to an end times scenario. Still, I'm intrigued a little, are you seeing something deeper here? I find it interesting that there are seven, there are also seven laws related to Levitical sacrifice. I've explored this from time to time but the insights seem limited to the significance of numbers in Scripture and I can draw only the most general inferences.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Edited by thilipsis

1 hour ago, Giller said:

Revelation.jpg

Dispensationalists do love their charts and diagrams.

Grace and peace,
Mark 

13 hours ago, Giller said:

ScreenshotRevelation.png

Of course Revelation chapters 10 to 14, does mention things as concerns the middle of the great tribulation period, but there are exceptions.

Two examples are these:

Rev 12:6
(6)  And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

At the mid point of the tribulation the Antichrist shall persecute this woman, through of course Satan which is the dragon.

And this woman, which points to a remnant of Israel, shall have a place for them prepared of God, and shall be protected (Revelation 12:16) of God for the last part of the 7 year tribulation period which is 3 1/2 years or 1260 days.

Rev 11:3
(3)  And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Now these two witnesses which God will send at the beginning of the 7 year tribulation, will prophesy for God, for the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation period, which brings them to the middle of the tribulation period.

And at the mid point, the Antichrist shall have them killed (Revelation 11:7-8), but in the overall, in chapters 10 to 14, it mainly refers to events at the mid point of tribulation, with certain exceptions of course, but especially after a certain manner.

Lets take this in context:

8) S-7 Silence, Trumpets sounded (T-1 thru T4)
9) T-5 Locusts, T-6 Euphrates
10) The Angel and the Little Book
11) The Two Witnesses clothed in sackcloth
12) The Woman, Child, Dragon
13) The Beast of the Land and the Beast of the Sea
14) 3 Angels proclaim: 144,000, Gospel, Wrath on 666

The Trumpets are sounded and as a result: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah, and he will reign for ever and ever" (Rev. 11:15). That's immediately following the seventh trumpet blast. At this point the two witnesses have prophesied 3 1/2 years in Jerusalem, while the Jews are avoiding the terrible devastation that is raging on around them. With the death, resurrection and ascension of the Two Witnesses the city faces God's judgment and there is this curious statement:

And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. (Rev. 11:13)

We wouldn't say affrighted, unless we were just reading the old King James too much. We would simple say afraid but this is the kind of fear that makes one tremble. It comes from the same Greek word for phobia, defined generally as a 'morbid fear or dread', used to speak of a psychosis. Here it appears to be describing a more godly fear, that is how it's used in the New Testament. It's describing the fear of God:

Affrighted (G1719 emphobos ἔμφοβος) - lit., "in fear”. From en, (G1722) meaning “in,"  and phobos (G5201) meaning "fear”)

It’s the same word used for the reaction of the disciples finding Jesus was raised (Luke 24:5), when Peter and John had been delivered from prison thinking they were ghosts (Luke 24:37), Cornelius when confronted by an angel (Acts 10:4), the reaction of the people with Paul at his conversion (Acts 22:9) and Felix when hearing Paul reason of ‘righteousness, temperance and judgment to come’ (Acts 24:25)

At some point the Antichrist enters the Temple and sets up a statue of himself demanding that all worship it. It's known as the 'abomination that causes desolation', Daniel speaks of it three times (Daniel 9:27; 11:31; 12:11), Jesus mentions it twice, or at least uses it in two separate accounts (Matt. 24:15, Mark 13:14), Luke doesn't call it that but rather there seems to be a description of the aftermath:

But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those who are inside the city depart, and let not those who are out in the country enter it (Luke 21:20-21)

The Jews refuse to worship this thing, they went to Babylon over idols and never worshiped them again. In the time of Ezra the people had still not separated themselves from the abominations of the surrounding nations:

the peoples of the lands with their abominations, from the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.' (Ezra 9:1-4)

They put away their pagan wives and that fall Ezra would read the Law on a platform built in the Kidron Valley, just outside Jerusalem. The same place where Jesus would deliver is first sermon, the Sermon on the Mount only Jesus would be sitting on the hillside. In the time of Ezra the number of those attending is said to be 40,000.

During the time of Maccabees they had a terrible precursor to the ultimate fulfillment of the prophecies of Daniel expounded by our Lord at the Mount of Olives:

Now on the fifteenth day of [the month] Chislev, in the one hundred forty-fifth year, they erected a desolating sacrilege on the altar of burnt offering. They also built altars in the surrounding towns of Judah, ... (1 Maccabees 1:54)... that they had torn down the abomination that he had erected on the altar in Jerusalem; and that they had surrounded the sanctuary with high walls as before, and also Beth-zur, his town. (1 Maccabees 6:7)

Hanukkah is a remembrance of the rededication of the Temple after the Jews rebelled against the Grecian occupation. I'm telling you all of this to emphasis something crucial here, there is no way the Jews are going to worship this idol. Taken in both the historical and literary context this moment in redemptive history when the kingdoms of the earth become the kingdom of God and Israel returns to God with fear and trembling. I don't know how long before the commencement of the vials of wrath but the indication is that it's years since the vials are probably poured out at the end of the Great Tribulation. A couple of major offenses are attempted to eliminate the remnant of Israel.

And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. (Rev. 12:15-16)

These armies are not completely destroyed until the Valley of Armageddon:

“Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who remains awake and clothed, so that he will not go naked and let his shame be exposed.” And they assembled the kings in the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon. Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came from the throne in the temple, saying, “It is done! (Rev. 16:15-17)

At this point there is only one more battle left to fight at the return of Christ as king of kings and Lord of lords. The Tribulation begins with the Antichrist on a white horse going forth conquering and to conquer (Rev. 6:2). It ends Jesus on a white horse to make war and end the armies of the Antichrist, or at least whats left of them. (Rev. 19:11-14)

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. (Rev. 19:15)

This is the great and terrible day of the Lord, this is how God's kingdom comes.

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. (Rev. 22:20-21)

Grace and peace,
Mark

Edited by thilipsis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 12/20/2016 at 3:43 PM, thilipsis said:

I know, a lot of people feel that way because of the grammar of the first sentence where the book gets Its name. I like the plural because sometime I want to differentiate between the doctrine of revelation or a particular revelation. And frankly book of revelation sound right to me even though technically it's more correct.

Shabbat shalom, thilipsis.

PLEASE don't attempt to dignify your error. BacKaran is correct. The name of the book IS "The Revelation of Yeshua` the Messiah." That's the name that Yochanan (John) gave it at the beginning of his writing!

Revelation 1:1-2
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
KJV

The Greek is:

Apokalupsis 1:1-2
1 Apokalupsis Ieesou Christou heen edooken autoo ho Theos deixai tois doulois autou ha dei genesthai en tachei, kai eseemanen aposteilas dia tou aggelou autou too doudo autou Iooannee,
2 hos emartureeesen ton logon tou Theou kai teen marturian Ieesou Christou hosa eiden.
UBS Greek New Testament

The word "apokalupsis" means a "REVEALING," an "UNCOVERING!"

NT:602 apokalupsis (ap-ok-al'-oop-sis); from NT:601; disclosure:
KJV - appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation.

NT:601 apokaluptoo (ap-ok-al-oop'-to); from NT:575 and NT:2572; to take off the cover, i.e. disclose:
KJV - reveal.

NT:575 apo (apo'); a primary particle; "off," i.e. away (from something near), in various senses (of place, time, or relation; literal or figurative):
KJV - (X here-) after, ago, at, because of, before, by (the space of), for (-th), from, in, (out) of, off, (up-) on (-ce), since, with. In composition (as a prefix) it usually denotes separation, departure, cessation, completion, reversal, etc.

NT:2572 kaluptoo (kal-oop'-to); akin to NT:2813 and NT:2928; to cover up (literally or figuratively):
KJV - cover, hide.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

It is HE who is REVEALED! It is HE who is DISCLOSED! It is HIS arrival that is UNCOVERED! All the other events mentioned in this book hinge upon this ONE GREAT EVENT, HIS RETURN!

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, thilipsis.

PLEASE don't attempt to dignify your error. BacKaran is correct. The name of the book IS "The Revelation of Yeshua` the Messiah." That's the name that Yochanan (John) gave it at the beginning of his writing!...

It is HE who is REVEALED! It is HE who is DISCLOSED! It is HIS arrival that is UNCOVERED! All the other events mentioned in this book hinge upon this ONE GREAT EVENT, HIS RETURN!

That's not why the word is singular, it's because it's a single revelation not several. John isn't saying he was getting multiple revelations in a series or over time, he is saying this is the revelation I received from Jesus Christ, concerning his coming. The word is subjective genitive: “the revelation of Jesus Christ” (ἀποκάλυψις Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ) is understood as “what Jesus Christ reveals” (Biblical Hermeneutics). The plural or the singular has absolutely nothing to do with the plural or singular of Jesus Christ, the point is pedantic at best.

I never denied that it's literally, 'Revelation', I said I like the expression Book of Revelations because the singular is a doctrine as well as a book. I'm not telling anyone they should use the plural, I'm telling you why it doesn't bother me. The Greek word for revelation (apokalypsis ἀποκάλυψις G602) can be singular or plural depending on the context. Now in that context it's singular, but the book did not originally come with a title. In Hebrew and Christian tradition the name generally comes from the opening sentence. In that immediate context it's singular, yet, the plural changes nothing with regards to a title. The word can be translated a number of different ways, ‘lighten’, ‘revelation’, ‘manifestation’, ‘revelations’, ‘appearing’, and even the past tense, ‘revealed’.

“A light to lighten (G602) the Gentiles” (Luke 2:32)
"the day of wrath and revelation (G602) of the righteous judgment of God" (Rom. 2:5)
"creature waiteth for the manifestation (G602) of the sons of God." (Rom. 8:19)
"no gift; waiting for the coming (G602) of our Lord Jesus" (1 Cor. 1:7)
"through the abundance of the revelations (G602) (2 Cor. 12:7)
"and glory at the appearing (G602) of Jesus Christ:" (1 Peter 1:7)
"when his glory shall be revealed (G602), ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." (1 Peter 4:13)

All the same word, all depending on the context. In the context of the opening line of the text it’s best translated, ‘revelation’, but when speaking of the entire book it’s not going to change the meaning one bit to use the plural since there are obvious multiple things being revealed.

The plural or the singular is not right or wrong, it’s a preference.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Edited by thilipsis

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

11 hours ago, thilipsis said:

That's not why the word is singular, it's because it's a single revelation not several. John isn't saying he was getting multiple revelations in a series or over time, he is saying this is the revelation I received from Jesus Christ, concerning his coming. The word is subjective genitive: “the revelation of Jesus Christ” (ἀποκάλυψις Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ) is understood as “what Jesus Christ reveals” (Biblical Hermeneutics). The plural or the singular has absolutely nothing to do with the plural or singular of Jesus Christ, the point is pedantic at best.

I never denied that it's literally, 'Revelation', I said I like the expression Book of Revelations because the singular is a doctrine as well as a book. I'm not telling anyone they should use the plural, I'm telling you why it doesn't bother me. The Greek word for revelation (apokalypsis ἀποκάλυψις G602) can be singular or plural depending on the context. Now in that context it's singular, but the book did not originally come with a title. In Hebrew and Christian tradition the name generally comes from the opening sentence. In that immediate context it's singular, yet, the plural changes nothing with regards to a title. The word can be translated a number of different ways, ‘lighten’, ‘revelation’, ‘manifestation’, ‘revelations’, ‘appearing’, and even the past tense, ‘revealed’.

“A light to lighten (G602) the Gentiles” (Luke 2:32)
"the day of wrath and revelation (G602) of the righteous judgment of God" (Rom. 2:5)
"creature waiteth for the manifestation (G602) of the sons of God." (Rom. 8:19)
"no gift; waiting for the coming (G602) of our Lord Jesus" (1 Cor. 1:7)
"through the abundance of the revelations (G602) (2 Cor. 12:7)
"and glory at the appearing (G602) of Jesus Christ:" (1 Peter 1:7)
"when his glory shall be revealed (G602), ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." (1 Peter 4:13)

All the same word, all depending on the context. In the context of the opening line of the text it’s best translated, ‘revelation’, but when speaking of the entire book it’s not going to change the meaning one bit to use the plural since there are obvious multiple things being revealed.

The plural or the singular is not right or wrong, it’s a preference.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Shalom, Mark, and Merry Christmas.

No, sir. You're taking too relative an approach to this. There ARE absolutes, even about language! Language is one person describing what he or she has experienced to another person. That's NOT about what one THINKS he or she hears or reads from the author, relative to each person who hears or reads it; it's about what the AUTHOR thinks, what the AUTHOR is attempting to convey!

9 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Mark, and Merry Christmas.

No, sir. You're taking too relative an approach to this. There ARE absolutes, even about language! Language is one person describing what he or she has experienced to another person. That's NOT about what one THINKS he or she hears or reads from the author, relative to each person who hears or reads it; it's about what the AUTHOR thinks, what the AUTHOR is attempting to convey!

The author was clear what he intended, subjective genitive: “the revelation of Jesus Christ” (ἀποκάλυψις Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ) is understood as “what Jesus Christ reveals” (Biblical Hermeneutics). There is nothing absolute about the title and the opening sentence isn't saying the revelation is about Jesus Christ, it is, but that's not what it's saying. It's saying the revelation John received from Jesus Christ and it's only single because it was one continuous revelation as opposed to a series. 

Now you talk about the authors intent and the grammatical construction and then you ignore it. What John is saying is clear enough, it's only the English translation that is causing the confusion. You simply misread it.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Edited by thilipsis

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

On 12/10/2016 at 2:30 PM, Revelation Man said:

Good job overall. Question on Seal/6 isn't that an Earthquake ? The Wrath of the Lamb is all of the Seals imho. 

And the Global Earthquake isn't that just an Earthquake that splits Jerusalem into ?

Thanks

Sorry, but you are jumping the gun on God's wrath! Believe what is written! His wrath begins at the 6th seal.

The first seal is the CHURCH sent out with the GOSPEL. Certainly no wrath there.

Seals 2-4 are Satan's attempts to stop the advance of the church: certainly no wrath of God there.

Seal 5 are the martyrs of the church age. God is CERTAINLY not mad at them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

On 12/23/2016 at 0:08 PM, thilipsis said:

Lets take this in context:

8) S-7 Silence, Trumpets sounded (T-1 thru T4)
9) T-5 Locusts, T-6 Euphrates
10) The Angel and the Little Book
11) The Two Witnesses clothed in sackcloth
12) The Woman, Child, Dragon
13) The Beast of the Land and the Beast of the Sea
14) 3 Angels proclaim: 144,000, Gospel, Wrath on 666

The Trumpets are sounded and as a result: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah, and he will reign for ever and ever" (Rev. 11:15). That's immediately following the seventh trumpet blast. At this point the two witnesses have prophesied 3 1/2 years in Jerusalem, while the Jews are avoiding the terrible devastation that is raging on around them. With the death, resurrection and ascension of the Two Witnesses the city faces God's judgment and there is this curious statement:

And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. (Rev. 11:13)

We wouldn't say affrighted, unless we were just reading the old King James too much. We would simple say afraid but this is the kind of fear that makes one tremble. It comes from the same Greek word for phobia, defined generally as a 'morbid fear or dread', used to speak of a psychosis. Here it appears to be describing a more godly fear, that is how it's used in the New Testament. It's describing the fear of God:

Affrighted (G1719 emphobos ἔμφοβος) - lit., "in fear”. From en, (G1722) meaning “in,"  and phobos (G5201) meaning "fear”)

It’s the same word used for the reaction of the disciples finding Jesus was raised (Luke 24:5), when Peter and John had been delivered from prison thinking they were ghosts (Luke 24:37), Cornelius when confronted by an angel (Acts 10:4), the reaction of the people with Paul at his conversion (Acts 22:9) and Felix when hearing Paul reason of ‘righteousness, temperance and judgment to come’ (Acts 24:25)

At some point the Antichrist enters the Temple and sets up a statue of himself demanding that all worship it. It's known as the 'abomination that causes desolation', Daniel speaks of it three times (Daniel 9:27; 11:31; 12:11), Jesus mentions it twice, or at least uses it in two separate accounts (Matt. 24:15, Mark 13:14), Luke doesn't call it that but rather there seems to be a description of the aftermath:

But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those who are inside the city depart, and let not those who are out in the country enter it (Luke 21:20-21)

The Jews refuse to worship this thing, they went to Babylon over idols and never worshiped them again. In the time of Ezra the people had still not separated themselves from the abominations of the surrounding nations:

the peoples of the lands with their abominations, from the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.' (Ezra 9:1-4)

They put away their pagan wives and that fall Ezra would read the Law on a platform built in the Kidron Valley, just outside Jerusalem. The same place where Jesus would deliver is first sermon, the Sermon on the Mount only Jesus would be sitting on the hillside. In the time of Ezra the number of those attending is said to be 40,000.

During the time of Maccabees they had a terrible precursor to the ultimate fulfillment of the prophecies of Daniel expounded by our Lord at the Mount of Olives:

Now on the fifteenth day of [the month] Chislev, in the one hundred forty-fifth year, they erected a desolating sacrilege on the altar of burnt offering. They also built altars in the surrounding towns of Judah, ... (1 Maccabees 1:54)... that they had torn down the abomination that he had erected on the altar in Jerusalem; and that they had surrounded the sanctuary with high walls as before, and also Beth-zur, his town. (1 Maccabees 6:7)

Hanukkah is a remembrance of the rededication of the Temple after the Jews rebelled against the Grecian occupation. I'm telling you all of this to emphasis something crucial here, there is no way the Jews are going to worship this idol. Taken in both the historical and literary context this moment in redemptive history when the kingdoms of the earth become the kingdom of God and Israel returns to God with fear and trembling. I don't know how long before the commencement of the vials of wrath but the indication is that it's years since the vials are probably poured out at the end of the Great Tribulation. A couple of major offenses are attempted to eliminate the remnant of Israel.

And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. (Rev. 12:15-16)

These armies are not completely destroyed until the Valley of Armageddon:

“Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who remains awake and clothed, so that he will not go naked and let his shame be exposed.” And they assembled the kings in the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon. Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came from the throne in the temple, saying, “It is done! (Rev. 16:15-17)

At this point there is only one more battle left to fight at the return of Christ as king of kings and Lord of lords. The Tribulation begins with the Antichrist on a white horse going forth conquering and to conquer (Rev. 6:2). It ends Jesus on a white horse to make war and end the armies of the Antichrist, or at least whats left of them. (Rev. 19:11-14)

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. (Rev. 19:15)

This is the great and terrible day of the Lord, this is how God's kingdom comes.

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. (Rev. 22:20-21)

Grace and peace,
Mark

Most people miss it, but chapter 11, verse 4-about 13 are written as a parenthesis are are NOT a part of John's chronology. In other words, the two witnesses will begin just before the midpoint (7th trumpet) and end very near the end of the week.  The 7th trumpet marks the midpoint.