• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Just now, da_man1974 said:

I think you are missing the point.  I am not saying we have to arm everyone.  But if God has given us the knowledge to create something that we can use for protection shouldn't we use it.  Let's take guns off the table.  What about medication?  Should pastors take medication if they are sick?  

Absolutely.  My point, is there is a lot of "what if" scenarios brought up, indicating a man is worth nothing if he is not prepared to kill to protect his wife and children, even when I live in a relatively safe place.  If your motivation is compassion for women and children, are you providing weapons designed for killing to people around the world to save women and children who are being killed presently, why or why not?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

13 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Absolutely.  My point, is there is a lot of "what if" scenarios brought up, indicating a man is worth nothing if he is not prepared to kill to protect his wife and children, even when I live in a relatively safe place.  If your motivation is compassion for women and children, are you providing weapons designed for killing to people around the world to save women and children who are being killed presently, why or why not?

Not saying that a man is worth nothing.  I am just saying that sometimes God gives us the knowledge to make things to protect ourselves.  It is our decision whether or not we choose to use them.  

When we adopted our daughter from Uganda was when the LRA was really big in Northern Uganda right before the US sent in the green berets or whoever it was to take some of them out.  I would have been more than willing to help take them out after having seen first hand how women and children are not protected in certain parts of the world.  A local church in our area just took a mission trip to Nepal to help get young girls out of sex trafficking.  Do you think those girls would tell them "No don't come help us.  We have been praying a lot so God is going to get us out of here."

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, Sharnadeen said:

I don't believe Pastors need a gun because the Lord's angels can suffice. What are your thoughts and why?

I have no problem with pastors or parishioners with guns.  For the simple reason that lives lost can be greatly reduced and stories like the following can be avoided.

Charleston Church Shooting: Church Shooting

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

16 hours ago, HAZARD said:

My grown up daughters loved to hunt and fish with me, and can safely handle firearms no worries at all. I trained them from an early age.

Z 67..jpg

If you check out my profile background you will see a pic of me teaching my 5 year old how to shoot. It was her first time with a single shot .22 I got her for her birthday. She didn't hit anything that day, but she got a rabbit the next time we went out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

44 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

Not saying that a man is worth nothing.  I am just saying that sometimes God gives us the knowledge to make things to protect ourselves.  It is our decision whether or not we choose to use them.  

When we adopted our daughter from Uganda was when the LRA was really big in Northern Uganda right before the US sent in the green berets or whoever it was to take some of them out.  I would have been more than willing to help take them out after having seen first hand how women and children are not protected in certain parts of the world.  A local church in our area just took a mission trip to Nepal to help get young girls out of sex trafficking.  Do you think those girls would tell them "No don't come help us.  We have been praying a lot so God is going to get us out of here."

Not my point at all, yes, scripture does indeed instruct us to help other people.  How many people did you or your churches mission group kill to help someone?  I believe the argument for a pastor(or anyone) needs to have a gun is based on a worldly basis.  Do we have the right to self defense?  Absolutely.  In the U.S. we have the right to own guns.  Many around the world would be breaking the law if they owned a gun.  So guns appear to me, to not be a God given right, as we are instructed to obey the laws.  Can a pastor have a gun?  Sure.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

6 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Not my point at all, yes, scripture does indeed instruct us to help other people.  How many people did you or your churches mission group kill to help someone?  I believe the argument for a pastor(or anyone) needs to have a gun is based on a worldly basis.  Do we have the right to self defense?  Absolutely.  In the U.S. we have the right to own guns.  Many around the world would be breaking the law if they owned a gun.  So guns appear to me, to not be a God given right, as we are instructed to obey the laws.  Can a pastor have a gun?  Sure.  

Finally we agree on something.  And I don't think a pastor "needs" to carry a gun. But if he wants to carry a gun I don't think that makes his faith any less than a pastor that doesn't.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

If you check out my profile background you will see a pic of me teaching my 5 year old how to shoot. It was her first time with a single shot .22 I got her for her birthday. She didn't hit anything that day, but she got a rabbit the next time we went out.                              Patriot

Hey Pat,thats about how old I was when I was taught by family how to shoot,my dad used to bring me to the archery range as well & taught me how to handle a bow & arrow......the first thing we were taught was that we had to respect the sport & only participate under supervision.....good training  makes for responsible adults ,good stuff Pat                               

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

Hey Pat,thats about how old I was when I was taught by family how to shoot,my dad used to bring me to the archery range as well & taught me how to handle a bow & arrow......the first thing we were taught was that we had to respect the sport & only participate under supervision.....good training  makes for responsible adults ,good stuff Pat                               

I just now have started getting into Archery, been thinking of getting bows for my kids for Christmas. Just don't know if they're strong enough yet.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Fantastic Pat!!!!It's a really cool sport......

Of course I wasn't strong enough for my dads bow or my Uncles & they were not the right size either for me,I was very tiny....my dad used t o put his arms around me & "pull" but very soon afterwards he had a bow(& arrows too) custom made for me that I very quickly outgrew......Youm may want to give it some consideration,they don't need expensive ones for learning & it's worth it to have the proper size & weight