OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Ever wonder why you believe the way you do?  Ever take a solid look at your reasons why?  Here is a free course called The Theology Program, and if you just watch the videos, it will take up 90 hours of your time.  Doing the research can take months.  Each class has a video which is about 1:30:00 long, most a little shorter.  Each topic has 10 sessions, or classes.  There is a link to the site embedded in "Theology Program Courses:" title.  Here is the class lineup.

Theology Program Courses:

The courses follow a very specific and intentional order. They are all designed with the previous and following courses in mind. Once one has taken the Introduction to Theology course, they can then move on to any of the other five courses, but students should procede in the suggested order. 

CORE CURRICULUM

Introduction to Theology: This is a theological studies methods course. Its primary purpose is to teach you skills for developing a Christian mind, by helping you construct a solid foundation for thinking through life's most important issues. Why be concerned with theology? What is truth? Is there such a thing? Can we be certain that our truth is the right truth? What is the Christian view of truth? How do we respond to a culture that devalues truth? Does God still communicate through direct encounters today?

Bibliology and Hermeneutics: This course focuses on the authority, nature, and interpretation (hermeneutics) of the Scriptures. It is designed to help students work through issues that concern the trust they place in the Bible and its interpretation. Issues like: Is the Bible that we have today the same as when it was originally written? Do we have the right books? How do we know that the Bible is inspired by God? How do we interpret Scripture?

Trinitarianism: Who is God? Better yet, what is God? Can we know for certain that He exists? If so, how? How can God be one yet three? How can Christ be both God and man? Why didn't Christ know the time of His coming?

Humanity and Sin: Why did God create man? What is man? What happened when Adam sinned? Are we condemned for the sin of another? Do we have a free will? Men and women: what is the big difference? 

Soteriology: This course is a study of the nature of salvation. Focus will be made on the doctrine of justification - the central issue of the Reformation. Much time will be spent attempting to understand the ongoing debate between God's sovereignty in salvation and man's responsibility. It will answers questions such as: Are we really predestined by God? If so, isn't this unfair? Why did Christ die on the cross? Did he pay for all sins or just the sins of the elect? What is the difference between Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, and Protestants with regard to salvation? Can a person lose their salvation? If so, how? Is Christ the only way to heaven? What about those who have never heard?

Ecclesiology and Eschatology: What is the nature of the Church? What is the difference between dispensational and covenant theologians with regard to the church? What should the Church be doing? What are the gifts God has given to the church? What is the difference in premillennialism, amillennialism, and postmillennialism? What is the tribulation? Is there such a thing as hell?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Not sure if nobody is replying due to the topic, the commitment or if people don't think this will help ... but if the length is too much of a commitment, you can do just one subject at a time, at your convenience.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

On 12/28/2016 at 7:51 AM, OneLight said:

Ever wonder why you believe the way you do?  Ever take a solid look at your reasons why?  Here is a free course called The Theology Program, and if you just watch the videos, it will take up 90 hours of your time.  Doing the research can take months.  Each class has a video which is about 1:30:00 long, most a little shorter.  Each topic has 10 sessions, or classes.  There is a link to the site embedded in "Theology Program Courses:" title.  Here is the class lineup.

Theology Program Courses:

The courses follow a very specific and intentional order. They are all designed with the previous and following courses in mind. Once one has taken the Introduction to Theology course, they can then move on to any of the other five courses, but students should procede in the suggested order. 

CORE CURRICULUM

Introduction to Theology: This is a theological studies methods course. Its primary purpose is to teach you skills for developing a Christian mind, by helping you construct a solid foundation for thinking through life's most important issues. Why be concerned with theology? What is truth? Is there such a thing? Can we be certain that our truth is the right truth? What is the Christian view of truth? How do we respond to a culture that devalues truth? Does God still communicate through direct encounters today?

Bibliology and Hermeneutics: This course focuses on the authority, nature, and interpretation (hermeneutics) of the Scriptures. It is designed to help students work through issues that concern the trust they place in the Bible and its interpretation. Issues like: Is the Bible that we have today the same as when it was originally written? Do we have the right books? How do we know that the Bible is inspired by God? How do we interpret Scripture?

Trinitarianism: Who is God? Better yet, what is God? Can we know for certain that He exists? If so, how? How can God be one yet three? How can Christ be both God and man? Why didn't Christ know the time of His coming?

Humanity and Sin: Why did God create man? What is man? What happened when Adam sinned? Are we condemned for the sin of another? Do we have a free will? Men and women: what is the big difference? 

Soteriology: This course is a study of the nature of salvation. Focus will be made on the doctrine of justification - the central issue of the Reformation. Much time will be spent attempting to understand the ongoing debate between God's sovereignty in salvation and man's responsibility. It will answers questions such as: Are we really predestined by God? If so, isn't this unfair? Why did Christ die on the cross? Did he pay for all sins or just the sins of the elect? What is the difference between Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, and Protestants with regard to salvation? Can a person lose their salvation? If so, how? Is Christ the only way to heaven? What about those who have never heard?

Ecclesiology and Eschatology: What is the nature of the Church? What is the difference between dispensational and covenant theologians with regard to the church? What should the Church be doing? What are the gifts God has given to the church? What is the difference in premillennialism, amillennialism, and postmillennialism? What is the tribulation? Is there such a thing as hell?

Where is the link?

23 minutes ago, Remnantrob said:

Where is the link?

If you click on the title "Theology Program Courses:", it will open the site.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

Just went through the intro, thanks for posting this.  I will be spending some time there in the coming weeks.  Looks very cool

10 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Just went through the intro, thanks for posting this.  I will be spending some time there in the coming weeks.  Looks very cool

These are designed to make one think about what they believe and why.  They are not telling anyone what to believe, which is why I believe this is a very important lesson plan.  This is my third time goign through it.  This time, it is with my oldest son.  I want to be able to discuss what he goes through with him, and could not from memory.  It is well worth the time.  I am sure you will enjoy how it is presented.  I will make one suggestion, do not watch it full screen.  They don' believe they had HD back then!  Very blocky in full screen, enough that it gave me a headache.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

12 minutes ago, Poor&Wise said:

The Holy Spirit is my teacher....
not the world who rejects the Spirit...

:emot-heartbeat:

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Ephesians 6:17 (King James Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

You already believe in many things you can't see but you know are real. You can't see oxygen but we know it exists because it keeps you alive. You can see the wind but you have felt it, heard it and seen things blown around by it. You've never seen your brain but you're using it right now as you read this.

I've never seen Jesus but I have felt His love, seen His protection, and blessings. When we start to doubt we open a door for satan to fill us with insecurity. I will be praying for you to get back close to God and to believe again. God bless you.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

It seems people are missing the point of this study.