• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, HisFirst said:

I know this sounds petty but ? ....when you have been told to say "hello" to the person sitting next to you at church, and you don't really feel like it, but you do it anyway and then worse part of it all, you then feel like a fake...!

Oh yeah I get that. My church use to make us all stand up at the start of the service and go shake hands with everyone. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

19 hours ago, LadyKay said:

People who talk in movie theaters while the movie is playing! :crazy:  Sometimes I forget I am suppose to be a Christian when that happens. Yes I need to work on that I know. :bored-1:

lol IKR

16 hours ago, warrior12 said:

When people ask me the time.  Go buy a watch and keep it on.   In this day and age, with smart phones ect and the price of a watch dog cheap.  Just my beef, don't know why.  I guess i use to get annoyed before smart phones, some of the same people would ask the  time all the time and well grrr

Yeah that annoys me too. One day I though about just buying a bunch of watches so when someone asked me what time it was i'd give them a watch

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

Listening to irritating commercials or commercials that are being mouthed by irritating people. two examples of these are the Zyppah, which is that anti-snoring thing that is mouthed by one of the most nauseating people on the planet. this guy has a deeply nassel, New Jersey accent that reminds me of fingernails on a chalkboard.

the next one it the 23 and me commercials about the chromosome testing that is supposed to tell you everything about where you came from that is of the least significance to anyone. These people seem to want to expand my neckhair so much I look like a peacock.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Hi hate the commercial using ladies with shrill voices.  In fact, I tape most shows so I can fast forward the commercials.  I also hate all the commercials in professional football games.  I mean, lets just get to the game!  I would rather see how the guy is doing who got knocked out on the field than listen to salesmen.  There are a few commercials that I enjoy--most of the Aflac commercials make me smile.

17 hours ago, Yowm said:

1. Tailgators. I love to slow down when they do and watch their reaction in my rear view mirror...yeah, I'm that kind of guy.

2. sort of ties in with #1, I can't stand bullies.

I often remember to clean my windshields when being tailgated.  :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

17 hours ago, warrior12 said:

When people ask me the time.  Go buy a watch and keep it on.   In this day and age, with smart phones ect and the price of a watch dog cheap.  Just my beef, don't know why.  I guess i use to get annoyed before smart phones, some of the same people would ask the  time all the time and well grrr

I would suggest answering their request with Military Time, but that may cause them to ask you even more questions about it.  :huh:  grrr.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I used to attend a church where you were to turn to the one next to you, look into their eyes and say, 'I love you with the love of the Lord'...ugghhh.

I went to one similar and then we shook hands or big hugs some scents irritate my eyes and nose and it never failed that someone who used 1/2 bottle of perfume grabbed me and clinged for what seemed forever?

Edited by Guest
Add a word

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.25

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

I used to attend a church where you were to turn to the one next to you, look into their eyes and say, 'I love you with the love of the Lord'...ugghhh.

It shouldn't be forced but from a willing heart?

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.25

18 minutes ago, Yowm said:

and should be more of a natural occurrence rather than being 'staged'.

Yes Yowm?100%

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

lately ive been annoyed by the drunk homeless people buzzing every door til someone lets them in.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,684
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/7/2017 at 7:41 AM, creativemechanic said:

....We all have some stuff about people which irritate us. What are some of yours?...

<_<

Presumptive individuals?

Does that count?

Actually, I am having a hard time thinking of anything that annoys me. Usually I get flat out mad never letting a thing just annoy me. :D

Seriously though;....

Yep, people that say "seriously though" can be an annoyance. - What, everything I just forced myself to stay attentive to out of a bored courtesy was not serious? You were just yakking? And now I have to anticipate hearing yet more? 

Ah the church meet and greet - or share a germ, I used to hate that too, thinking it was insincere, until I sincerely started to greet people too. It only took me 12 years to find and feel the warmth. Turns out it wasn't "their" problem, but mine - 

I still have trouble with  the passing out of the implements for Lords Supper, don't you? Ha, unsanitary! What if another's hand touches the same bit of wafer as I take? What if someone breathes upon the cup? Oh oh!

The principle of the old idiom, "You have to eat a peck  of dirt before you die!", once made into a proverb to live by, is quite freeing of the spirit for it allows such  generous freedom  to withstand what used to annoy.

But seriously....

Edited by Neighbor