• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1972

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I know it is a bit controversial but I think this is what it is. It is like the chicken or the egg?  Seems to me this oppression or bondage can be observed in families for eg. - I have observed these tendencies run in families thru generations if someone for example was involved in Freemasonry then future generations seem to have interest in the supernatural, psychics, divination, and occult maybe some it is manifested  just by watching tv shows, or reading books about it, then others start to get drawn into these spiritual practices & going to tarot readers etc..or whatever,  until someone wakes up and repents & asks GOD to break any family generational curse that is the cause of this.  Who first introduced this  kind of sin into their family line?  Like Kwik said , it can be broken by a sincere Christian who has awareness about it and they can pray for the other members of their family.

I agree for as we speak I personally am dealing with a generational curse upon my husband and his family. It is a repeat pattern. It is a very very strong spirit/curse to break....meaning even though I as his wife know this and do spiritual warfare against it.....him knowing that it is present.....the problem is him confronting repenting and breaking it......cannot continue to allow it to return and have a hold. I believe "they" want their territory back and will do everything to regain their position of authority. Because they have no rest until they have possession in a body, family, territory etc.....very stubborn to say the least.

Edited by SOLOMONS PORCH
Meant an a not an s

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

That is impossible for Him to do, and it would make Him a liar...   If God is willing to violate His word in one place, why not two places?  If two places, why not three?    If God cannot trusted to keep his 100% of the time, then He is not faithful and cannot be trusted at all.

To say that God would violate His word is to call in to question His integrity.  The Bible says that God magnifies His Word above His own Name, which tells us the priority He places on it.   So it is not the case that He will violate it for any reason.

That means that a face-value reading of the text in question is simply not good enough, since it challenges God's character.

Well if he lies in one place how can I trust what he says...  God didn't consult with a witch, Saul did and God simply told Samuel what to say.  I think he has the authority to talk to one of his prophets.

Guest shiloh357
23 minutes ago, other one said:

Well if he lies in one place how can I trust what he says...  God didn't consult with a witch, Saul did and God simply told Samuel what to say.  I think he has the authority to talk to one of his prophets.

Can you please point to the verse that says that God told Samuel what to say?   If not, then you are adding to the text of Scripture and calling God a liar, to boot.  

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Can you please point to the verse that says that God told Samuel what to say?   If not, then you are adding to the text of Scripture and calling God a liar, to boot.  

God had told Samuel before he had died and Samuel reminded Saul of that...  but God's word tells us that it was Samuel that told him.   "Basically, to go somewhere and die"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/24/2017 at 5:01 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Biblically, there's only one example of a 'ghost', if you want to term it that way. I believe it was the the witch of Endor that Saul sought to consult with Samuel.

Dennis, this was certainly NOT an example of a 'ghost'. Ghosts are actually evil spirits masquerading as one of the departed dead.  The spirits of deceased people remain in Hades and do not wander around.

The incident with the witch of Endor had nothing to do with ghosts or evil spirits. God allowed deceased Samuel to ascend out of Hades to communicate with Saul.  Even the witch was surprised at what she saw, since evil spirits do not ascend out of Hades.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, creativemechanic said:

I had a long and spirited debate with my mother on this. I was agreeing with this picture here and using that verse while she was adamant that the spirit roams about rhe earth for a bit after death(with no biblical precedent BTW) what do u think?

163b4dc73b9c4661f366b3ce7ac80975.jpg

No, there are no "ghosts" as most people would understand them. There is no spiritual realm in between heaven and hades where the dead roam.  Real "ghosts" are nothing more than demons who have been around us for so long they know practically everything about us and so are very capable of acting like dead loved ones to deceive the gullible.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Ezra said:

Dennis, this was certainly NOT an example of a 'ghost'. Ghosts are actually evil spirits masquerading as one of the departed dead.  The spirits of deceased people remain in Hades and do not wander around.

The incident with the witch of Endor had nothing to do with ghosts or evil spirits. God allowed deceased Samuel to ascend out of Hades to communicate with Saul.  Even the witch was surprised at what she saw, since evil spirits do not ascend out of Hades.

I thought I said exactly that? I'll go and recheck... Here it is...

This is from memory and if need be I'll quote the scriptures.

Biblically, there's only one example of a 'ghost', if you want to term it that way. I believe it was the the witch of Endor that Saul sought to consult with Samuel. It was either God allowed a one time return from heaven of Samuel to confront Saul. Based on the recorded reaction of that witch on the appearance of Samuel, I lean towards God sent Samuel to set Saul straight. If it was not the preceeding, it was definitely demonic in nature, for...

There are only two places our spirit and soul goes to 'immediately' upon our death, Heaven or Hell and there's no inbetween. Scripture is absolutely clear on that subject. Any lingering spirits are not of God, so they must be unclean spirits, demons or devils. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, where are we in disagreement? As you stated; the spirits of the deceased back then were held in Hades/Sheol, either the one side Hell, or the other side Abraham's bosom, by a great divide. As I stated, I lean toward God allowing Samuel to come back for His purposes. And yes I agree, whatever the terminology used such as 'ghosts' that haunt or whatever, are no doubt unclean evil spirits or demons. 

I said I lean toward... Convince me with scripture God sent Samuel.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

10 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

... Convince me with scripture God sent Samuel.

Since only God can release souls and spirits of the deceased saints from Sheol, you don't need any Scripture.  Just believe it. It is Christ -- God -- who brought all the saints out of Sheol/Hades and took them to Heaven after His resurrection.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 1/16/2017 at 8:21 PM, creativemechanic said:

I had a long and spirited debate with my mother on this. I was agreeing with this picture here and using that verse while she was adamant that the spirit roams about rhe earth for a bit after death(with no biblical precedent BTW) what do u think?

On 1/24/2017 at 5:18 PM, SOLOMONS PORCH said:

Familiar spirits and also the spirits that once possessed the dead person. 

On 1/24/2017 at 6:17 PM, RustyAngeL said:

But what is your opinion?  I too believe it is demons but what is your opinion?

Regarding this subject, see these verses:

·        “As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. He shall return no more to his house, neither shall his place know him any more.” (Job 7.9,10).

·        “But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he? As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up: so man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.” (Job 14.10-12).

·        “For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.” (Ecclesiastes 9.5).

As you can see, the dead do not know anything that happens in this world. Much less do they return to this world to interact with it.

And even though the dead people could come to this world, certainly would be evil persons, inasmuch as such a practice don’t delight the Eternal.

·        “And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” (Isaiah 8.19,20).

After all, if the person isn’t disposed to hear the own Eternal, as well as the prophets sent for Him, much less such a person will hear a sinful and flawed human being who has returned to live. And even if such a person were willing to listen for being, for example, a dear relative or someone of prominence in society, this would in no way enhance her character:

·        “Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: for I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.” (Luke 16.27-31).

Even if the person would change his attitudes, such a person would do so out of love for himself, for reward. The Kingdom of the Eternal don’t consist to please people to obtain blessing or recognition before the Eternal, but to do for the people what the Eternal wants us to do for them by gratitude to Him (for we consider it a privilege to stop serving the desires of our flesh to serve Him - 1 John 4.9), even if they do not like it.

May Jesus help us to trust only in Him, instead of we pay attention to deceiving spirits and demons' teachings (1 Timothy 4.1,2; 1 João 4.1).