• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

1 hour ago, Logan said:

I already know the answer to life, the universe and everything. It's 42

Well, you might be right.

I'm gonna ask the old man who lives in the cave up on the mountain.

We'll see what he has to say about it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Logan said:

Just curious but in all that time did anyone ever convince you they were right and you were wrong?

yes.   During the 14 years + that I have been here i have changed my mind on ideas from reading posts here.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'm done debating things on here. It leads to nowhere. In all the debates I have gotten into on here I have never convinced anyone that I am right and they are wrong. It has done nothing but cause strife and misunderstanding among us. So I am done with it. Or at less I am going to try to be. If I feel the need to say anything at all about a topic, I will state what I believe to be true. Then if needed state the reasons why I believe what it is I believe. I will try to answer questions ask of me as long as they are not in a judgmental attitude.  Then that's it. You can either agree with what I say or disagree. I am not going to post 20 some post on the same topic trying to convince everyone that I am right. Thank You And God Bless. 

I would suggest that you just post your thoughts and let the readers decide for themselves if it's good or not.   Debating really does seldom accomplish anything. Sometimes we do need to explain ourselves different if someone just doesn't understand.  But if they disagree, so be it.   

Look at the Sabbath threads that get 4 to 5 hundred pages then someone gets tired of reading the same old rebuttals and start a new thread.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

It really doesn't matter much what I think.  It is all about what the Bible states over and over.  So I base my ideas on Scripture.  

Yes my ideas have been changed on Worthy as I carefully reexamined Scripture.  Some Ideas have been modified.  My mind is always open to Scripture.  However, my mind is not open to opinion based on a person's philosophy or church doctrine that is not founded on Scripture and is contradicted by Scripture.  

So most often I state my ideas or state the pertaining Scripture.  If people can't accept what God says, it is pretty useless to debate the issue.  My own ideas about a subject that are not founded on Scripture can always be debated.  And occasionally my ideas that are founded on Scripture can change as I consider other pertaining Scripture.  The whole of Scripture must be considered.  The truth is found in the midst of the totality of Scripture.  

However, if my love for a person is destroyed by any discussion then I don't belong in that discussion.  For example, Miss Muffet and I disagree on a lot of things from clothing that should be worn in church to politics.  These are non essentials that don't pertain to the Bible being God's Word, the Trinity, faith in the redeeming work of Christ on the cross and His resurrection, or the indwelling work of the Holy Spirit.  Those are the essential things that distinguish us a Christians.  Non essentials are either pure opinion or else something that the Holy Spirit may have convinced one person of but not another, according to the individual's need or custom, as He works to bring us all to the perfection of Christ.

But I genuinely care for her, enjoy her and even worry a bit about her.  She is my sister in Christ and I consider her a dear friend on Worthy.  :swordfightsmiles::bighug2:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'm done debating things on here. It leads to nowhere. In all the debates I have gotten into on here I have never convinced anyone that I am right and they are wrong. It has done nothing but cause strife and misunderstanding among us. So I am done with it. Or at less I am going to try to be. If I feel the need to say anything at all about a topic, I will state what I believe to be true. Then if needed state the reasons why I believe what it is I believe. I will try to answer questions ask of me as long as they are not in a judgmental attitude.  Then that's it. You can either agree with what I say or disagree. I am not going to post 20 some post on the same topic trying to convince everyone that I am right. Thank You And God Bless. 

Do you really want to convince everyone that you are right and they are wrong? Maybe that is the problem right there.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

maybe your approaching it wrong. You never enter a debate to prove your right-then its no longer a debate, but an argument. You enter a debate to first, educate others about your view-and perhaps learn something, in the mean time. You have to take the others view and actually consider it. If you do that you will find 2 things will happen, first you may find you are wrong and need to change your views. The second, is you may find you are, indeed right, but now since you considered the others point of view it will strengthen your view of the topic, and help you better defend it in the future.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/24/1987

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Debate can be healthy if done in the proper format. I think it helps us to think more deeply on our positions when they are challenged. But choose your battles wisely. How boring would life be if we surrounded ourselves with people who agreed with us on absolutely everything? However, if you know it's going to get heated and cause harsh feelings, then I would say it's best to back off at that point. I've learned a great deal by watching debates between parties who were respectfully representing their case. Like Logan mentioned, there's plenty of us reading who may not have taken a side yet and we don't comment because we have no opinion to offer. We are just watching. And honestly, from watching so many debates, I feel I have a pretty good idea when it's best to back off. I've seen so many turn ugly especially when people are very passionate about the topic. Proper debate requires extreme patience and for most, it's a skill they have to work on all the time. (Including myself) lol. 

And speaking from an observer's perspective, I often lose interest in a topic if I see the parties have resorted to insulting one another. If it is causing strife, then drop it. Otherwise, please continue. I enjoy reading other people's perspectives. =)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Do you really want to convince everyone that you are right and they are wrong? Maybe that is the problem right there.

Well isn't that what everybody does here? Why else have endless pages of replies? I say something, then someone tells me I'm this or I'm that then I am like no because of this and then they are like yeah you are.........!