• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,183
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Us bearing such great age to that of the infinite of days...  I'm child like in heart and with good reason :thumbsup: I have received the truth...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Amen He is our father and we are His children. Love quote as well. So simple a child can grasp. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Growing old ain't for sissies......

Now Gary if you had just said "growing young" you would have turned the tables on the sissies. The misconception that everything is downhill after 40 is still probably quite prevalent.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds like you work helps to keep you active Ive found for me action is my best friend am 71 with heart trouble and walking keeps me going. Outdoor lover worked in woods most of my life 40 yrs. on a chain saw. retired now. feel fortunate to be able to do what i can. The joy of the Lord is my strength. Not running and leaping any more. But still praising Jesus. Like your parable of the old truck mine is 2000 as well. God bless Gary. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Our bodies will be incorruptible...

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
(1Co 15:42)

The bible is really not clear on what our bodies will look like in heaven. But I do know that we will not have halos or a harp and sitting on a cloud like the world pictures the person who has died. We will not be angels either.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I couldn't care less what they look like (a typical man talking) as long as they are incorruptible and no longer given to sin.

God has it covered. Not to worry.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I think we will be busy serving in God's eternal temple--singing praises to Him and worshipping Him.  We will have the job of judging the angels.  We will be casting down our crowns and rewards at the feet of Jesus, to whom they are totally due.  If Psalms 84 is a picture of the heavenly temple, I just want to be a doorman in the House of the Lord, a greeter who makes others feel welcome, who is back in a corner somewhere but where I can take it all in and just bask in God's glory.  Hopefully we will be having questions answered and be gaining eternal wisdom and knowledge;  hopefully we will be able to meet saints that have gone on before us.  Adam was told to tend the Garden of Eden and name the animals.  Perhaps Gary will be pruning trees in the Garden instead of cutting them down.   So I am sure God will also give us tasks.  Jesus was able to eat since He ate with His disciples in His glorified body.  So we might as well.  It seems certain that we will have good fellowship with other saints and with Jesus.  It will be so good to be free of my selfish nature and be totally loving and kind. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

16 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

But God just keeps on with the healing of those needed parts (not valves, mostly joints) and I felt a kind of kinship,  to keep the old machines/body doing that which it was designed to do.  Work.

Gary,

Thanks for sharing that personal insight. And you are right. Work is the antidote for almost all problems, and keeps one healthy.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Just a guess. I believe Jesus started His ministry at the age of 'thirty'. In His day, that marked the official age of maturity to hold office etc. No scriptural evidence, but I suspect our bodies will appear physically to be maybe thirty?

I've wondered about the bathroom thing myself, but was too embarrassed to ask. According to scripture, it's plain that we will have the capability to eat. I don't know if it will be a requirement for us to eat of the "Tree of Life" or not to maintain our immortality? In Revelation the Tree of Life is there to partake of. 

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

On 2/10/2017 at 7:13 PM, Dennis1209 said:

I've wondered about the bathroom thing myself, but was too embarrassed to ask. According to scripture, it's plain that we will have the capability to eat. I don't know if it will be a requirement for us to eat of the "Tree of Life" or not to maintain our immortality? In Revelation the Tree of Life is there to partake of. 

Maybe there will be no waste products from what we eat..... ?