• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

There is none.  What you see in cults like this are mans claim to be "enlightened" by who they believe was God.  This reminds me of how Satan used scripture to try and tempt Jesus, how Satan used his thoughts about Gods word to twist the truth so Eve would listen, and Adam followed.  Some people what to be so righteous that become self righteous, taking scripture out of context and saying their own thoughts are of God, twisting scripture to fit their ideas.  All this when we have scripture itself to reply on.  Man, forever trying to be better than the next without the humility a true follower of Christ has.

2 Peter 3:14-18

Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Well that is good to know because if right now I had to have more babies in order to make it into heaven; well lets just say that's not going to happen. :P

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well that is good to know because if right now I had to have more babies in order to make it into heaven; well lets just say that's not going to happen. :P

I am headed toward great grandchildren in a few years myself.  Unless God decides to speak to me as He did Abraham, my days of having more children are over!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I think you may be confusing "Quiverfull" with something else? "Quiverfull", in my understanding, is the belief that you do not use any means to prohibit conception and accept as many children as God gives you. It is not about abuse or haircuts etc. What you are describing sounds like a very strict raising in the faith (sans the abuse - that is never acceptable). There's nothing wrong with raising your female children to  grow their hair (their "Glory" as Scripture puts it) or to not wearing pants. There are Scriptures that will support that.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Constian said:

I think you may be confusing "Quiverfull" with something else? "Quiverfull", in my understanding, is the belief that you do not use any means to prohibit conception and accept as many children as God gives you. It is not about abuse or haircuts etc. What you are describing sounds like a very strict raising in the faith (sans the abuse - that is never acceptable). There's nothing wrong with raising your female children to  grow their hair (their "Glory" as Scripture puts it) or to not wearing pants. There are Scriptures that will support that.

The buble does not say a female HAVE TO grow long hair, and never cut it.  Or, not wearing pants. God is not a God of that kinda force.

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

While I will agree that it is God's blessing to have children. I do not see anywhere in the Bible where it says I must have x amount of children or else.  

The quiverfull kinda like, cant say no to more children, even though the body is had enough

7 hours ago, Willa said:

I don't think severe abuse that only allows a parent/spouse to vent their anger is ever God's will.  But God does chasten to instruct those He loves, and even whips or punishes those who are rebellious and wayward so as to correct.   But His correction is always just, never more than we can bear, and always meant to produce the fruit of righteousness.  

Abusive correction is never godly and always to "get even" or just vent their anger.  It is not intended to instruct but more to "beat some sense into them" but is not appropriate or in measure to the offense.  For instance, a person who defaces public property by painting their names (not gang related) should have to remove it and resurface it.  It is appropriate to the offense and teaches.  Rebellion is better corrected in other ways.  Pride is the root cause of rebellion so humiliation is needed to correct it, and this too needs to be appropriate.  God does humble us.  We need godly wisdom to be a good parent, and a whole lot of prayer for wisdom.  Hebrews 12:5---

Im talking beatings or emotional or psychological abuse, not taking consequences in form of paying your pocket money for a broken window, thats just a good one and muuuuuch better than the abuse.  With abuse, you take the soul and create fear, love is way gone. 

8 hours ago, OneLight said:

This is the first time I have heard of this movement.  It seem they forgot what true love really is.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails.

Notice what true love is, especially does not seek its own.  I can see not taking birth control as this is what my wife and I agreed on.  God blessed us with our children, and none of them were through a forced relationship.  We didn't home school as if was not necessary where we lived, but if it was, we would of for our children's sake.  Yet, this sounds like other cults.  I will have to dig deeper to have a fuller understanding.

Sorry you had to live the life you did Heavenunlimited.  One thing I have come to realize is that none of us goes through life without there being a reason why God allowed it to happen the way it did.  Have you found that reason yet?  I have found mine and I am at peace with my past.  My past has become a blessing to those who are now walking the same path I had to walk.

I think so, to be able to see what evil is and to help others out of its claws. It becomes very insidious when narcissista and psychopaths are allowed in a church. Not many know about those ones are devoid almost or are devoid of a normal feeling soul. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

The quiverfull kinda like, cant say no to more children, even though the body is had enough

This happen to the daughter in law of my old pastor. His son and daughter in law join the  Mennonites, as they wanted a simple way of life. Well  they don't believe in any type of birth control. His daughter in law with every pregnancy became deathly ill to the point of being unable to care for her other children. With her forth pregnancy the same thing happen and she became so sick that it nearly became life threatening to her and her unborn child. She was as if she was wasting away. It was just something with her body that caused this to happen with every pregnancy. It got so bad that even the other  Mennonite women who came to help her were telling her that she should not have anymore children because this was becoming a medical condition.  She went on to give birth and recover from her sickness soon after. I do not know if she has gone on to have more children or not . But in this story, even the other  Mennonite women were telling her to stop. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

6 hours ago, Heavenunlimited said:

I think so, to be able to see what evil is and to help others out of its claws. It becomes very insidious when narcissista and psychopaths are allowed in a church. Not many know about those ones are devoid almost or are devoid of a normal feeling soul. 

There will always be wolves in sheep clothing somewhere, ready to lead others down the wrong path.   There is another problem I see.  People are too willing to marry someone else so they can have a family without first truly getting to know the person they are marrying.  That is a shame within itself.  People are attracted to another, decide to date, and them marry far too fast.  Marriage is supposed to be a life long commitment.  Waiting a year or so in order to know for sure if this is the person they should marry is just a drop in the bucket of time compared to the commitment they will be making.

Many of those people that marry fast might feel they dont have as much time left to have children.  But well they could always put their own eggs away, or adopt.  For narcissists and psychopaths churches must be a field day, as there they can go far without discovery.  Its like not being educated enough how evil manifest through others. We know its there, but dont really think it could work that way. They mostly get away with their behavior because noone can grasp, that anyone can be devoid of empathy and feelings, or dont care how they treat others.  That becomes psychopathic in itself to force someone so ill to have more children.  What a terrible destruction. God would never do such.