• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Jewels7 said:

How easily people are led to follow those who don't really care about them at all. Chelsea is as bad as her parents. Today I'm a Muslim too? Funny thing is Islam does not agree with that. 

-

Exactly.  If ever we live under Shar'ia law, these libs will be the first to be executed. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

What are your thoughts on this article?

In the first majority-Muslim U.S. city, residents tense about its future

Blessings,

-Ed

I would say that it proves my view is correct.  There is a city with a Muslim majority and the worst thing that has happened is allowing the call to prayer, and that has been going on since 2004.   Other than that is the rule about liquor within 4 blocks of the Mosque, which is a bit extreme but I think every city/state I have lived in had rules about how close one could be to a church. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

24 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I would say that it proves my view is correct.  There is a city with a Muslim majority and the worst thing that has happened is allowing the call to prayer, and that has been going on since 2004.   Other than that is the rule about liquor within 4 blocks of the Mosque, which is a bit extreme but I think every city/state I have lived in had rules about how close one could be to a church. 

I wonder what the reaction would be if church bells rang 5 times a day, every day, the first time at 6am?

Blessings,

-Ed

2 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I wonder what the reaction would be if church bells rang 5 times a day, every day, the first time at 6am?

Blessings,

-Ed

I have lived close to a church that rang every hour on the hour 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  Though I think those are now a thing of the past, they used to be fairly common.  I remember as a kid that was how I knew it was time to come home at night. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

2 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I have lived close to a church that rang every hour on the hour 24 hours a day. 

That's interesting.  Personally, I've lived a lot of places but I've never experienced that.

I suppose after a while it would become background noise - like the antique Grandfather's clock down the hall.

Not knowing anything else about it (volume, how long the ringing lasted, etc) I'll let it go.  If I were in charge at that particular church, however, I'd make sure that the hourly ringing did not bother anyone.  

I understand the need for The Gospel being 'offensive' to non-believers; but our church bells shouldn't be.

Blessings,

-Ed

5 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

That's interesting.  Personally, I've lived a lot of places but I've never experienced that.

I suppose after a while it would become background noise - like the antique Grandfather's clock down the hall.

Not knowing anything else about it (volume, how long the ringing lasted, etc) I'll let it go.  If I were in charge at that particular church, however, I'd make sure that the hourly ringing did not bother anyone.  

I understand the need for The Gospel being 'offensive' to non-believers; but our church bells shouldn't be.

Blessings,

-Ed

I grew up with it so it always seemed normal to me, and they were never so loud as to wake me up.  But I do remember vividly as a child knowing that when the 6 bells rang I better be darn close to home!  

I do remember a story a few years back where a couple used an app on a smart phone to prove the bells were keeping them from getting a good night sleep.  But if my memory serves me correct they were actually going off every 15 minutes!  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,098
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

37 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I have lived close to a church that rang every hour on the hour 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.  Though I think those are now a thing of the past, they used to be fairly common.  I remember as a kid that was how I knew it was time to come home at night. 

Our Catholic rings much of three time.... after 37 years living here we really don't psychological much attention to it.   The 8 12 &5 blast on the work schedule at out milling company is still irritating though.....  sounds like the civil defense horns LOL.   Don't know if it's time to go to work or the cellar. 

1 minute ago, other one said:

Our Catholic rings much of three time.... after 37 years living here we really don't psychological much attention to it.   The 8 12 &5 blast on the work schedule at out milling company is still irritating though.....  sounds like the civil defense horns LOL.   Don't know if it's time to go to work or the cellar. 

I remember those "blast", I do not live close enough to a mill or a plant any more to hear them, but they do bring back memories! 

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Yes, but we do not live in the Middle East, we live in a country that has a Constitution and that Constitution guarantees freedom of religion.  If we start to base our actions and laws on what is happening in the Middle East, we will become just like the Middle East. 

Freedom is inconvenient and often ugly, but it is better than the alternative that we are heading towards.

Islam is a government.  We don't have freedom of foreign governments in our country.  If Muslims want to live under Sharia, they don't belong here and need to go live in a Muslim country.  If we allow them practice Sharia, they will try to enforce it on us like they do in other countries, and THAT is what will make us like the middle east.  They can be Americans or they can be devout Muslims in their own land. We don't have room for another government or system of law, over here.  Islam is opposed to our Constitution, but they try to use our freedoms against us. And they are experts at playing on people's emotions and playing the victim when they are exposed to aspects of American culture that offends their sensitivities.  

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Islam is a government.  We don't have freedom of foreign governments in our country.  If Muslims want to live under Sharia, they don't belong here and need to go live in a Muslim country.  If we allow them practice Sharia, they will try to enforce it on us like they do in other countries, and THAT is what will make us like the middle east.  They can be Americans or they can be devout Muslims in their own land. We don't have room for another government or system of law, over here.  Islam is opposed to our Constitution, but they try to use our freedoms against us. And they are experts at playing on people's emotions and playing the victim when they are exposed to aspects of American culture that offends their sensitivities.  

In this country, Islam is a religion not a government.  We have had Muslims living in this country since 1776 and they have somehow all done ok with the constitution.  I will go with what history shows me vice the opinions of people.