• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,618
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

12 hours ago, SOLOMONS PORCH said:

A while back God proposed this question to me. It was during a time in my life that I was feeling very greatful for what HE had done in our life. He asked me.....What would you do if right now I gave you $5 and it was to be the last money EVER put into your hand??? What would you do with that money as to continue as prosperous as you could for the rest of your time here on earth. Now bear in mind, HE GAVE THE MONEY AND HE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD DO WITH IT. I put myself in that position and I came up with what I FELT LIKE THE LORD WOULD HAVE ME DO WITH IT.  So now I pose the question to you guys.......Just remember, he watches carefully what we do with the things HE gives to us!!!  So what would you do with that $5 ???

Back to the opening premise. ( Upon further reflection ) Is not the best possible answer: I will refuse it for it is an idol from a source other than God even at five dollars, and especially at five dollars if it is all that I have, and ever will have. So it will be best to  refuse it and instead ask to follow God, without it.

Yet, when the specific call  to follow does come come do many follow, or do most if not all say; yes I will follow  as soon as I do this or that, or tend to this need or that one, yes be assured Lord I will follow then? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

And who say who is and is not?  Yet, someone cant work if theyre starving.. As well as some might think of some oh, you can work! When they dont know the full realities. Whos gonna judge? Soon there be quite many that are judged not wanting to work, when they actually cant just not "visible" in what might be deemed "acceptable".  So all of a sudden a whole group of many that just are kicked on. Would Jesus done so I dont think

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The real question is if a person who was standing next to you was struggling would you give them your last $5?

I can answer this because it has happen to me. I have been in the situation where I am down to just a few dollars on hand and I am hoping and praying that the company my husband did work pays the invoice that is owed before the food runs out. I would not give up my last $5. Because I have a kid. My kid comes first. The only time I would give up the $5 would be if the Holy Spirit directed me to do so. Then I would and know it would be alright because God would take care of me.

Right or wrong this is my honest answer. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

My flesh would freak out... but the s/Spirit would go to The Lord and earnestly ask for strength to overcome the flesh to bring Him glory in His decision ....