• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Look what else is in Job.

Resurrection, the Savior, seeing God etc:

Job 19:23–27 (AV)
23 Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
24 That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

And the incarnation (which he yearns for though it is not in existence yet / in his day):

Job 9:32–35 (AV)
32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
33 Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.
34 Let him take his rod away from me, and let not his fear terrify me:
35 Then would I speak, and not fear him; but it is not so with me.

In the oldest book of the Bible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Mike Macintosh wrote a book and did a lengthy sermon series called Falling In Love With the Bible.

Guy played a mean guitar too (Beatles-esque praise band). Horizon Christian Fellowship San Diego California.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/17/2017 at 10:06 AM, Radiant_Owl said:

I've wandered the net doing research beyond what I read in scripture so as to learn the origins of the Bible and the history of our faith. And I'm scared. That sounds silly maybe but that's how I feel. I have this swelling love in my heart for the Bible and God and Jesus or Yeshua as the Hebrews call him. And this wondrous joy bubbling alive inside me comforted by the blanket of promise and my faith. And then.

I find information that makes it sounds like it is all political and man made. There are even non-Christian places that extract scriptures in order to point out how illogical it all is.

And that gets me to think and feel afraid. I know this sounds weak and whatever but I really need help in understanding .

Then let's put the facts on the table.

1. There is no religion or atheist group "bar-none" that has a happier ending story than Christianity or a better beginning.

2. In Christianity you have a "personal God" that loves you and died for you so that you can have eternal life -- "paradise restored" times 1000!!

And what do "They have"?? they have 'guess work' mounds and mounds of guesswork. Look at the history of Biblical archaeology - time and time again the atheists and nay-sayers argued that this or that event in the Bible "is myth and never happened" only to later "Dig it up out of the dirt" that the Bible was right all along and the nay sayers were wrong all along.

3. So where are we ? The Bible gives you the best outcome and guides you to avoid the worst-ending And what about the atheist and nay-sayer? His/her big "promise" for you is ... wait for it... "A hole in the ground". He/she anticipates that as their BEST outcome "they turn to dust in the ground" and at the "Worst" they burn in the lake of fire.  Well I have to tell you that their "up side" sounds pretty bad.

4. And according to the atheist what is the "worst" that can happen to a Christian if atheism is "true"?? Well the Christians ends up in the same "hole in the ground" grand wonderful paradise-ish ending that the atheist promised himself. You get the atheist's BEST ending!! if you are wrong as a Christian and the atheist is right. But the atheist gets the "all time worst" if the Bible is right and the atheist is wrong.

Not much of a choice if you ask me.