LadyKay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

The only time I was bored in a church was when I attended a ****** church for three months. It was good at first, then by week 5 it was a repeat. Not the same sermon, but they only preached basically four topics ad nausium. It quickly became like watching the same movie on HBO over, and over, and over. I could see that they were going to ride their theological hobbyhorse to death. At three months, I lost interest and went elsewhere.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

1 hour ago, ejected said:

God has left the building. The 'church' does not desire to line up with the word concerning the 'gathering'.

The 'dryness' is His mercy. He Wants to be Head but has been made to stand outside and knock. 

A self appointed man is now head. Called reverend which means awesome. 

Search the NT high and low and you'll be hard put to find  the single, salaried, at the top senoir executive 'pastor'. 

The onus is on you to find scripture to back this fraud. Its only my job to say there is no scripture for this 'one man show'.

Start with Romans 12, Ephesians4, and 1Cor. 12.  You'll be surprised to find that the Reverend Awesome is not there. MIA I guess. But you will find the every member participation paradigm is.

Most  christians go into defence mode about now....'but that doesn't mean that Pastor Awesome isn't scriptural. Beside, we live in different times now and do things differently. I know God blesses our 'church' and I'm comfortable the way we do 'church'. 

Just because God blesses now and then does not mean He endorses error or apostasy.

For the teachable, see www.truthforfree.com for in depth studies on this. For the really brave see www.wickedshepherds.com 

Change the record

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,656
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

From 1 Timothy;"17 Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. 18 For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.” 19 Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 

I find it an absolute privilege, as well as my duty, to be able to have membership at a local body of Christ Jesus  where the pastoral staff are well compensated commensurate with their teaching  born of hard work thoughtfulness and prayer!

The local body of Christ where God has delivered me does nourish my body, mind, and soul. It's members cherish even me, and pray for me too, as I do them; all because God has brought us together to worship Him, in brotherly  love one for another  under God in fellowship for the Glory of God. And yes it is awesome, absolutely awesome!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

34 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It's true, despite all it's warts and blemishes God still uses the things the world despises and counts for nothing. He has chosen us bungling dum dums to show forth His glory in our weakness as a local Church body.

Haha,  hi again...   Perhaps you can show a local Church body where the city it is in,  or the county,  sees GOD'S GLORY in its people ?  (edit in:  AND where they are never bored, btw)

I've met a lot of people who have been observing for decades, 

and so far they cannot show one.

(oh,  it is true,  there are assemblies that YHWH does show forth HIS GLORY thru;  but not many;  as witnessed by outsiders (the self-proclaimed 'glory' of an assembly about itself doesn't count.... what others see and say and witness when YHWH really shows HIS GLORY, that's what counts) .... 

Perhaps "love" as written and described in Y'SHUA'S WORD is a better example:   "They will know you are my disciples by the love you have for one another".....

Where is this observed, for instance ?  (Noting that many residents(in person, and online testimonies)  have noted the opposite , in their local areas - instead of love, even love for one another, as written,   they see something else - in sharp contrast, contrary to love)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/2/2017 at 11:56 PM, Yowm said:

I've found a Church where the pastor does not take me to his latest trip to the Mall or the latest R movie but takes me through Scripture to Calvary...neither does he use Scripture as a tool to get us 'busy for Jesus' but exegetes the passages as they stand.... nor does he fail to warn the sheep of certain wolves or aberrant movements, he calls a spade a spade. I stay awake.

I'm not sure what you mean by trip to the mall and R rated movie. I don't think it is the pastor I think it is mostly me. I seem to have a short attention span. I think that maybe my issue. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not sure what you mean by trip to the mall and R rated movie. I don't think it is the pastor I think it is mostly me. I seem to have a short attention span. I think that maybe my issue. 

ADD?

• Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,502
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

There was a time in my life about forty-four years ago I would have said, "it's sort of boring and I didn't look forward to attending". Fast forward those forty-four years of not attending church. I finally found a good sound Bible believing preaching church I look forward to every Sunday to attending. I do not find anything preached out of the Bible boring anymore. As Abby-Joy stated, I don't want my ears tickled to increase numbers and offerings, and preached to about what I'd prefer to hear, I want the meat of it and the truth. I praise the Lord he lead me to such a church.

The only concern I have is, the Pastor doesn't really preach any Biblical prophecy. Evidently the Lord though prophecy was important, as 1/3 of the Bible is prophetic. Living in what I believe are the end-times, I believe it's very important for Christians to be able to discern the times in which we are living. I don't know, maybe I have the wrong opinion?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

18 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

There was a time in my life about forty-four years ago I would have said, "it's sort of boring and I didn't look forward to attending". Fast forward those forty-four years of not attending church. I finally found a good sound Bible believing preaching church I look forward to every Sunday to attending. I do not find anything preached out of the Bible boring anymore. As Abby-Joy stated, I don't want my ears tickled to increase numbers and offerings, and preached to about what I'd prefer to hear, I want the meat of it and the truth. I praise the Lord he lead me to such a church.

The only concern I have is, the Pastor doesn't really preach any Biblical prophecy. Evidently the Lord though prophecy was important, as 1/3 of the Bible is prophetic. Living in what I believe are the end-times, I believe it's very important for Christians to be able to discern the times in which we are living. I don't know, maybe I have the wrong opinion?

That is good that you have found a sound Church where they preach from the Bible. Teach only the literal true word of God. They are far and few between these days. I do not want an Emergent Church and I do not want a Charismatic Church which are very popular now. I do not want any speaking or praying in tongues. I read that very few Pastors are preaching Bible prophecy from Revelation. Apparently they are afraid they will offend someone and I think that is ridiculous. You also do not hear many Pastors preaching on Hades or hell or the Lake of Fire. I do believe that we are in the end times now and Sermons on those topics are very important.

You may have your members who are pre trib or mid trib or post trib and if a Pastor starts Preaching a pre trib interpretation members are offended.

• Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,656
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Happens- little bitty attention span. People I know are strangers to me by name at times. I sing in my mind who who, who are you?, and I go through the alphabet of names. No not an aging  issue, it has always been that way for me. I do have to make myself watch  the worship services online that  I have already attended just to be able to study the exegesis. I can go back over it again and again that way, until a gestalt occurs and I have that ah ha! moment.

General comment addressed to no one in particular, but about the subject of churches:

I have been led to excellent local bodies of Christ over the many years, that  I have been called to my repentance and to my sanctification. I do hear individuals say they cannot find any church worthy of them, and I wonder.  Bluntly put, to me it is probably a blessing  for the local bodies when these people up and leave. Blessed Subtraction. Not very kind of me I know, but I think  the body is blessed when the complainers get up the gumption to leave instead of carp about the music, the seats, the pastor's oldest daughter, the air conditioning, the elders, the deacons, the deaconesses and, " it's not the way we did  it up north at my church". plus the quality of the folding paper towels at the restrooms and so on.

TO PARAPHRASE. ASK NOT WHAT YOUR CHURCH CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO AT YOUR CHURCH,- TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

BE THE FELLOWSHIP, DON'T ASK FOR IT.

A

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

We have expository preaching through a book of the Bible.  Three sermons a week over three different books.  Sunday morning is teaching through Matthew again.  They keep me on the edge of my seat keeping notes and underlining scripture.   Mt. 8 17  He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses"  was where we stopped this Sunday.  Then we had prayer for the sick.  We will resume with verse 18 next Sunday.  That is why I miss church so much when unable to attend.  I also miss corporate praise and worship as long as the music doesn't drag.  I never knew many of the hymns were a joyful celebration due to the mournful way my grandma Willamina sang them.  But I love to praise God with others who worship Him in Spirit and in truth.  Crown Him with Many Crowns, the Lamb upon the throne!  Even when I can't sing my heart soars with them.