• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

8 minutes ago, christiang said:

Obedience to to the commands of God is not legalism. Observance of commands that are identified as shadow laws is,

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. (Colossians 2:16-17 [NIV])

Which includes the circumcision of the flesh. You guys completely discard the entire law on the basis that shadow law is no longer observed by those in the assemblies of Jesus Christ, and that is a fatal mistake.

Matthew 22:34-40

But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Your link seems to describe picking and choosing what laws you want to follow from a time when people did not have the Holy Spirit.  We have Him now and He guides us.  There is a difference between following His lead and trying to earn our way by following the letter of the law.  Paul explained that the law kills while Jesus saves.  There is no "fatal mistake" following the Holy Spirits lead through study and living.  Following the law also declairs that if you break one of the laws, you break them all.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, OneLight said:

Matthew 22:34-40

But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Your link seems to describe picking and choosing what laws you want to follow from a time when people did not have the Holy Spirit.  We have Him now and He guides us.  There is a difference between following His lead and trying to earn our way by following the letter of the law.  Paul explained that the law kills while Jesus saves.  There is no "fatal mistake" following the Holy Spirits lead through study and living.  Following the law also declairs that if you break one of the laws, you break them all.

It is not picking and choosing. The shadow laws are foreshadows whose realities are found in Christ. Let me map it out for you,

1. Passover lamb requirement = Jesus Christ as the reality of the passover lamb.
2. Festival of Unleavened Bread = reality to put away sin.
3. Festival of First Fruits = reality of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
4. Festival of Weeks (Pentecost) = reality of the giving forth of the holy spirit.
5. Festival of Trumpets = reality of the second coming of Jesus Christ with the sound of trumpets.
6. Day of Atonement = reality of the gathering of the elect from all over the world.
7. Festival of Booths = reality of the time the elect will begin to live in the encampment that will exist in Israel for them.
8. Seventh Day Sabbath = reality of the millennial kingdom of Jesus Christ that corresponds with the last thousand years of the full seven thousand years for this heaven and earth to exist.
9 Circumcision of the flesh = reality of the circumcision of the heart to discard your sinful nature (foreskin of the heart), and free you from sin.
10. Abstinence from foods = reality to not yoke together with unbelievers, for the behaviors of unclean animals symbolize the behaviors of ungodly men.

As such, these laws that are identified as shadows, are obeyed by fulfillfing their respective realities. Whereas laws, such as, "do not kill", "do not murder", still apply in their literal sense.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm glad Jesus kept the Law perfectly in my stead and I feel for those trying to keep it perfectly on their own.

You're suggesting Jesus Christ kept the law so you can have the liberty to disobey it? My my my, you are in for a shock in the day of judgment,

But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.' (Matthew 7:23 [NLT])

Just now, Yowm said:

You just broke a Commandment by bearing false witness of me.

I never said that we have liberty to break His Law.

I quote,

"I'm glad Jesus kept the Law perfectly in my stead..."

You are in fact implying that Jesus Christ kept the law that you may disobey it.

2 minutes ago, christiang said:

It is not picking and choosing. The shadow laws are foreshadows whose realities are found in Christ. Let me map it out for you,

1. Passover lamb requirement = Jesus Christ as the reality of the passover lamb.
2. Festival of Unleavened Bread = reality to put away sin.
3. Festival of First Fruits = reality of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
4. Festival of Weeks (Pentecost) = reality of the giving forth of the holy spirit.
5. Festival of Trumpets = reality of the second coming of Jesus Christ with the sound of trumpets.
6. Day of Atonement = reality of the gathering of the elect from all over the world.
7. Festival of Booths = reality of the time the elect will begin to live in the encampment that will exist in Israel for them.
8. Seventh Day Sabbath = reality of the millennial kingdom of Jesus Christ that corresponds with the last thousand years of the full seven thousand years for this heaven and earth to exist.
9 Circumcision of the flesh = reality of the circumcision of the heart to discard your sinful nature (foreskin of the heart), and free you from sin.
10. Abstinence from foods = reality to not yoke together with unbelievers, for the behaviors of unclean animals symbolize the behaviors of ungodly men.

As such, these laws that are identified as shadows, are obeyed by fulfillfing their respective realities. Whereas laws, such as, "do not kill", "do not murder", still apply in their literal sense.

If you feel led to follow what you believe, so be it, you have a free will.  I will continue to follow what scripture says and the leading of the Holy Spirit, not mans reasoning and theology.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

I think I may read Paul's letter to the Galations tomorrow on my day off.

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them."
(Gal 3:10)

Indeed so, because it is not by works of law is one delivered, but by receiving the holy spirit, which then causes you to obey the law. Have you not read?

And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. (Ezekiel 36:37 [ESV])

If you are still sinning, then you have not received the holy spirit.

Just now, Yowm said:

That is your false assumption. You are assuming things about me that you don't understand.

Then must you obey the law or not? You can either do one or the other. Don't beat around the bush.

1 minute ago, christiang said:

I quote,

"I'm glad Jesus kept the Law perfectly in my stead..."

You are in fact implying that Jesus Christ kept the law that you may disobey it.

I see those words as a declaration that Yowm is not perfect, as only one who is perfect can keep the laws.  That was the reason for the laws, to prove to us, think headed humans, that they cannot be perfect. 

2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

If you feel led to follow what you believe, so be it, you have a free will.  I will continue to follow what scripture says and the leading of the Holy Spirit, not mans reasoning and theology.

You are in fact walking contrary to what is written, in which case you are following after your own mind and understanding. My two Proverbs for you are,

Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered. (Proverbs 28:26 [ESV])

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5 [ESV])

For if indeed the Lord said this,

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. (Matthew 5:17 [NIV])

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:19 [NIV])

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:18 [NIV])

And you say that you no longer need to obey this law, then you are following your own mind and leaning on your own understanding, for the holy spirit would not lead you to disobey the law that he himself gave to us, unless you are being led by some other spirit that is not of God. I am admonishing you with love as another fellow believer in the Lord.