IGNORED

Why are people denying that Christ is presently a King?

Limey_Bob

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Worthy,

I believe the 1,000 year reign of Israel over the nations is physically in this world. However I believe that the Lord reigns `far above all` as God exalted Him to that position, & He will reign through a regent king, training Israel to rule the nations as promised in the OT.

`For behold, the days are coming , says the Lord, that I will bring back from captivity my people Israel & Judah, says the Lord. And I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it. ........they shall serve the Lord their God and David their king whom I will raise up for them.` (Jer. 3): 3 & 9)

This regent king David is not King David of old but a man who will rule & have sons.

`Thus says the Lord, "If the prince gives a gift of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons; it is their possession by inheritance.` (Ez. 46: 16)

Marilyn.

I agree,

thank you for answering.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

13 hours ago, Spock said:

Off the top of my head, I think one can infer that when Jesus comes back to planet Earth, he is coming to rule and reign on Earth.

matthew 25 - sheep and goat judgment

rev 19 - he will rule them with an iron scepter..

OT prophets talk a lot about Millenial Reign too

what is your take on what the scriptures say WHERE he will be ruling? 

Hi Spock,

Thanks for asking. I believe it is of vital importance to know where the Lord will reign in the millennium and also where the Body of Christ will too. Remember it is what we believe, what we have faith & trust that God has promised to us, we need to make sure.

Yes I believe that the Lord comes physically to earth, deals with the world`s armies, judges the nations as how they treated the people of Israel, then sets up His kingdom rule through Israel. He anoints a man called David to be regent king.

`For behold the days are coming, says the Lord when I will bring back from captivity my people Israel and Judah, says the Lord. And I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it....they shall serve the Lord their God and David their king whom I will raise up for them.` (Jer. 30: 3 & 9)

The Lord returns to His seat of power & authority in the third heaven - far above all.`  

`The Lord most high is awesome; He is King over all the earth. He will subdue the peoples under us, and the nations under our feet......God has gone UP with a shout. the Lord with the sound of a trumpet.....God is the King of all the earth....God reigns over the nations; God sits on His holy throne.` (Ps. 47: 2 - 8)

regards, Marilyn.

BTW I am preparing some notes for my blog on `Kingdoms,` which will give you a great understanding of what I believe of God`s great Kingdom & the different realms & who God is raising up to rule there.

12 minutes ago, worthy said:

I agree,

thank you for answering.

:D Wonderful.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

:D Wonderful.

:thumbsup:

13 hours ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

Old Testament mostly, the Prophets' Millennium passages and verses.  The book of Revelation makes reference to that when it speaks of Jesus ruling with an iron rod.  Ezekiel speaks directly to this, saying Jerusalem will be know as: "The Lord is There."

Hi Marcus,

Yes the `rod of iron.` We see the consequences of that.

`And it shall be that which ever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them will be no rain. If the family of Egypt will not come up & enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.` (Zech. 14: 17 & 18)

So if we are ruling & reigning with Christ on earth is that the wondrous inheritance you are looking forward to - seeing others die through famine, plague etc??

`The Lord is There` ruling through Israel. The Lord is training them to rule the nations as promised. Nations will go up to Jerusalem & learn the ways of the Lord.

`Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord`s house shall be established on the top of the mountains and shall be exalted, above the hills; and people shall flow to it. many nations shall come and say, "Come & let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; he will teach us His ways, and we shall walk in His paths."

For out of Zion the law shall go forth, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem...` (Micah 4: 1 & 2)

The nations need to learn `God`s law` as they are physically living on earth & need to learn of His ways.

Marilyn.

11 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

People have told me on this and other threads that Christ has no present Kingdom rule and no current kingship, they have told me (repeatedly) that that (his kingdom rule) only begins at the millennium. I would strongly disagree, as I believe that Christ is ruling now, not over this present physical earth, but spiritually and in heaven. I believe that his kingdom rule began at the ascension, he rules spiritually in heaven over his dead saints from the ascension until the second coming, then at the second coming his kingdom rule then becomes literal, physical and eternal over this earth. How do I put people on ignore? Could somebody tell me what to do, I am new to these type of forums?

Hi Bob,

I think you need this scripture -

`But you have come to Mount Zion and

-to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem,

-to an innumerable company of angels,

-to the General Assembly and

- Church of the first-born who are registered in heaven,

-to God the judge of all,

-to the spirits of just men made perfect, (O T men & women)

-to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant,...` (Heb. 12: 22 - 24)

Quite a list there but it does show that the Body of Christ & the OT saints are there in the General Assembly. Christ as we know is exalted far above all & on His Father`s throne. To be `on a throne` means you are ruling. He was always King of heaven, King of Glory & King of the Ages, and as Shiloh has said He is not as yet operating as King over Israel or the nations.

This is another good scripture -

Pilate asked Jesus `Are you King of the Jews?` Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of (from) this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now my kingdom is not from here.` (John 18: 33 - 36)

Christ`s seat of power & authority is far above all, & is a heavenly rule not of an earthly origin. Christ rules now from the Father`s throne (in our hearts as you said) & one day His rule will operate physically on the earth. 

regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Spock,

Thanks for asking. I believe it is of vital importance to know where the Lord will reign in the millennium and also where the Body of Christ will too. Remember it is what we believe, what we have faith & trust that God has promised to us, we need to make sure.

Yes I believe that the Lord comes physically to earth, deals with the world`s armies, judges the nations as how they treated the people of Israel, then sets up His kingdom rule through Israel. He anoints a man called David to be regent king.

`For behold the days are coming, says the Lord when I will bring back from captivity my people Israel and Judah, says the Lord. And I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it....they shall serve the Lord their God and David their king whom I will raise up for them.` (Jer. 30: 3 & 9)

The Lord returns to His seat of power & authority in the third heaven - far above all.`  

`The Lord most high is awesome; He is King over all the earth. He will subdue the peoples under us, and the nations under our feet......God has gone UP with a shout. the Lord with the sound of a trumpet.....God is the King of all the earth....God reigns over the nations; God sits on His holy throne.` (Ps. 47: 2 - 8)

regards, Marilyn.

BTW I am preparing some notes for my blog on `Kingdoms,` which will give you a great understanding of what I believe of God`s great Kingdom & the different realms & who God is raising up to rule there.

I am aware of David coming back, but I will have to do some study on Psalm 47 you cited.  I will get back after I read and ponder that psalm tomorrow.  It is late here now and I'm getting sleepy. Thanks Marilyn.

spock

13 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Jesus has always been ruling the nations.  He sets up nations and brings them down never to rise again....

Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Hi Cletus,

I agree that God determines the times & bounds of the nations, & we know that at the moment God has given the Gentiles the opportunity to rule the world physically in their own governments here. Then we know that when Christ sets up His kingdom rule through Israel that His government will be operating & not the Gentiles.

Marilyn.

26 minutes ago, Spock said:

I am aware of David coming back, but I will have to do some study on Psalm 47 you cited.  I will get back after I read and ponder that psalm tomorrow.  It is late here now and I'm getting sleepy. Thanks Marilyn.

spock

Hi Spock,

Yes it must be late over your way. And please do read Ps. 47, also taking into account Eph. 1: 21 concerning the Father exalting Christ far above all rule & authority in this age & the one to come - `far above all.`

Now that David who will be regent King/Prince in the millennium is NOT the king David of old. He will still be in the General Assembly with the OT saints, (Heb. 12: 23, `spirits of just/righteous men (& women) made perfect) & Heb. 11: 32 `...also of David ...`

The king David in the millennium is just a man called David. He will rule Israel under the guidance of the Lord. He will have sons to pass on his inheritance when he dies.

`Thus says the Lord God, "If the prince gives a gift of some of his inheritance to any of his sons, it shall belong to his sons; it is their possession by inheritance.` (Ez. 46: 16)

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Bob,

I think you need this scripture -

`But you have come to Mount Zion and

-to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem,

-to an innumerable company of angels,

-to the General Assembly and

- Church of the first-born who are registered in heaven,

-to God the judge of all,

-to the spirits of just men made perfect, (O T men & women)

-to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant,...` (Heb. 12: 22 - 24)

Quite a list there but it does show that the Body of Christ & the OT saints are there in the General Assembly. Christ as we know is exalted far above all & on His Father`s throne. To be `on a throne` means you are ruling. He was always King of heaven, King of Glory & King of the Ages, and as Shiloh has said He is not as yet operating as King over Israel or the nations.

This is another good scripture -

Pilate asked Jesus `Are you King of the Jews?` Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of (from) this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now my kingdom is not from here.` (John 18: 33 - 36)

Christ`s seat of power & authority is far above all, & is a heavenly rule not of an earthly origin. Christ rules now from the Father`s throne (in our hearts as you said) & one day His rule will operate physically on the earth. 

regards, Marilyn.

Words can change their meaning over time. Christ is a king, now, but his kingdom and kingship is not quite the same as his eternal Kingdom and kingship in the eternal state. After the cross, when he ascended to heaven, he became a king, but in a spiritual sense over his deceases saints (in the intermediate state and in heaven), at his second coming this kingdom and kingship then becomes universal and physical when he will then rule over everything, the entire universe, heaven and earth under his Father, as Christ hands this kingdom over to his Father (1st Corinthians 15:28).

Edited by Limey_Bob