cherubim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

We have a glance of schisms in the early church that have expounded into today's denominations.  Some say this is a good thing, but I do not believe it is as we can see how it divides the body.

1 Corinthians 1:10-13

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.  For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you.  Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.”  Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Don't follow the theologies of men, but scripture alone, allowing His Spirit to teach us with a humble and contrite heart as He shows us our arrogance and pride.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

The Gospel is salvation  is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.  That's it.  Nothing else to add to that  We are saved through Christ absent any works.   The works we do are the fruit of salvation, not the means of obtaining it.  Infant baptism is not commanded and neither are the sacraments. 

We are not taught that the elements of communion are the real body and blood.  That is unbiblical.  Calvin is wrong.  You are not saved at Baptism.   We are commanded to be baptized, but not baptized to be saved.   Communion is simply memorial of Christ's death.  Baptism and Communion have nothing to do with salvation in terms getting saved or remaining saved.  Salvation is 100% a work of God, from start to finish.

James said Faith without works is dead. He said Abraham was justified by works also. It's not black and white. If you have no works your not saved. The works are from christ in you. Of ourself just from ourself we have no good works. I know we are saved by christ. But without works that faith is dead.

Your saved if you believe in christ. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

39 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Yes, your good works should prove your faith, thus, the real value of the book of James. 

For example: my mother in law says she is a Christian, but has no desire to read one page of the Bible let alone buy one. She told her daughter she is not ever to talk about Jesus to her again. She has had no desire to fellowship with any believer or attend any church her whole life. Was married 6 times and on and on......

is she a believer because she says she believes?  We all know even the Devils believe........

Say NO to easy believism! 

Is He your LORD?????????   (The Master). 

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

31 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Spock is right, even devils believe! 

Saved people, on the other hand, accept Jesus, for what He is, Creator of the universe, author of salvation, and the Lord and master of those who are His. Christians, are those who love and follow Christ, not merely believe in Him.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.  I was talking to a brother with good intentions. 

As I thought was what I was doing and would be received as such. Pardon my mistake.

15 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Spock is right, even devils believe! 

Saved people, on the other hand, accept Jesus, for what He is, Creator of the universe, author of salvation, and the Lord and master of those who are His. Christians, are those who love and follow Christ, not merely believe in Him.

I agree if anyone seen my posts before that, it shows seen faith and works go together.  Faith without works is dead. Having said that it's only the blood of christ that redeems us.

To me to say salvation is by grace alone through faith alone through christ alone. Is to leave out the work of regeneration by the Holy spirit .It says in Titus that work of the spirit saves us. Without holiness no one will see the lord.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

James said Faith without works is dead. He said Abraham was justified by works also. It's not black and white. If you have no works your not saved. The works are from christ in you. Of ourself just from ourself we have no good works. I know we are saved by christ. But without works that faith is dead.

James chapter two is not a treatise on salvation like Ephesians 2 or John 3.    James is not talking about how we are saved and is certainly not claiming that works play a role in how salvation is obtained or maintained.

The point James is making is that faith is operative in nature.   True faith is revealed by works.  He uses Abraham and Rahab as examples of those whose faith was affirmed by what they did.   James does not use the term justification the same way that Paul does in Roman 3.   We are justified before God by faith apart from works.   It is faith alone, period. 

James' point is that a professed faith in Christ that is not accompanied by works is a dead faith.  In essence, it is no faith at all.   

We are saved by Christ ALONE.  We are not saved by a synergism of faith in Christ and works.   Salvation is Jesus + 0.

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

To me to say salvation is by grace alone through faith alone through christ alone. Is to leave out the work of regeneration by the Holy spirit .It says in Titus that work of the spirit saves us. Without holiness no one will see the lord.

It doesn't leave out the work of regeneration of the Holy Spirit, at all.   It is simply pointing out that the means of obtaining salvation does not include works.   The use of "alone"  simply makes the point that we, as human beings, do not possess any merit for salvation.  Salvation is not a partnership or joint enterprise between us and God.   The work of regeneration by the Holy Spirit is what happens at the moment a person is born again.

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

I know lots of people who believe IN Christ.   But they don't believe Christ.    It is not merely believing in Jesus that saves anyone.  Salvation is not a mental assent to the claims of Jesus.  You can believe in Jesus, but reject Him as Lord and Savior.  You can believe in Jesus but reject His teachings.