• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, other one said:

that is not a good thing.

May not be for the future as pertains to military action concerning north Korea. But I think it a good thing that updates from Tillerson are being considered by all Senators on both sides of the aisle. I like the idea of bi-partisan consult here. Four top officials involved in the briefing of top secret intel on north Korea says something's likely to happen within weeks.

Pray for our military.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

true that is....

Ā 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

5 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

I noticed old threads appearing in the new posts window but when I saw the date it was years prior. I understand topics being led off topic. I've participated in a few of those myself.
I think the deliberate derailing so as to impart an atmosphere of hostility and thus forewarn others of what a thread is descending into tends to cause people to leave the thread....

So now you realize thatĀ if anyone had (temporally) derailed this thread, it was you and not me?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

35 minutes ago, Spock said:

Well, at least the Senate has been called in. That is a good thing.Ā 

That is true and we may know that something is up.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

I fear for the American's being held captive in north Korea. Would Jung-un go so far as to kill them so as to back off President Trump?

Ā 

FOX April 25 North Korea celebrates as South Korea, US keep watch

Trending in World

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

12 hours ago, Yowm said:

Yes. Two Senators per State.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 4/18/2017 at 9:49 AM, Running Gator said:

What exactly has NK done to any other nation....
other than talk a lot of trash and test some missiles....

:mgdetective:

Remember Old Chesty Puller And His Merry Band Of Warriors
And The North's Hateful Invasion Of South Korea
And....

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalms 144:1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Please allow anĀ Ā additional wrinkle andĀ several speculations.

ThereĀ is a museum Ā at Fredericksburg Texas, Home of Admiral Nimitz that outlines theĀ history of the Pacific theater War during WWII. It outlines the conflicts starting at about 1885 involving Britian- China, Japan-China, Japan-Korea and Korea-China, all in disputes and conflict.

The whole area has huge pockets of suffering individuals,Ā near starving people, in fact many millions have starved. ThereĀ is no economy along the border between Korea and China, trade is suppressed, and fear of migration across borders means armed military Ā restricting movement on both sides of theĀ two rivers.

The races do not like each other either, with the history of violence one against another Ā ingrained into the collective and individual mind of each.

Most of North Korea does not even have electricity. It is Ā impoverished possiblyĀ beyond Ā our capacity Ā to Ā understand. It is impossible forĀ me to understand anyway,- how people, deprived of a history of capitalism and trade, will just sit and die if not handed food by their government, both at China and North Korea. But, that is what evidently happens Ā as was shown on one Ā documentary Ā about theĀ border between China andĀ Korea.

There are governments atĀ that region of theĀ world that struggle to hold onto power and real survival as many millions die without food Ā or water and no medical care at all. With all that Ā is thereĀ any reason to Ā think there will be rational decision making coming from the area's powers in governments?

Ā I think it near impossible. Only a massive and violent event will hide the smell of death from starvation of thatĀ region's plight. Ā Without it the seats of power will themselves crumble. The leaders and their families will alsoĀ know hunger, and die. So it will be war at some point.

Humanitarian aid is discussed, and Ā in very small doses presented, but that brings it's own Ā problem of migration to where aid is given. Ā And so Ā it is turmoil and little war events that will get out of hand.

It is more than Ā a crazed despot that needs fixing;Ā much more than can be fixed is my guess, and so Ā blood will flow even as people starve-Ā if Ā food is not given out somehow.

Anyway, regardless of my truly amatuer theories and speculations,Ā  if theĀ opportunity presents itself go visit the home of Admiral Nimitz to see theĀ history of war Ā at the Pacific "theater" region. ItĀ might bring additional perspective to what you see in bits and snippets on Ā Cable news and Ā a few daily newspapers.

And pray that we do not sucker ourselvesĀ into active warring there yet once again. But, if we must , how about maybe dropping food not bombs? Drop food into the poorest regions and let them gain strength to have insurrection against their own governments? That is theĀ blackmail the leader of North Korea has been trying to work out all along anyway.Ā So why not, and use it against him, or at least to our advantage. Maybe Ā work Ā outĀ a Marshall Plan resurrection.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

It was the Allied powers that created or divided North and South Korea as part of it's liberation of Korea from Japan in 1945. The continuousĀ conflict since then Ā as theĀ North invaded theĀ South has resulted in a stalemate of power. But somehow our creator has madeĀ it so that So korea has gained a large number of Christians. Ā There are actually Korean Christian missionaries to the United StatesĀ bringing knowledge of Jesus to America.

So what is God's plan forĀ Korea? Perhaps it is something for us to pray over asking forĀ growth of theĀ local bodies of Christ Jesus there. And for that growth to spread rapidly at North Korea as well.

Ā 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

North Korea is one vast land of darkness. I don't think missionary are allowed into Korea at all. Christians have to pray often for the lord to open that door or gate to bring the light of christ. There has to be demonic forces working in North Korea. Only much prayer and the Lord's will .