• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Heb 13:8

I just want to clarify that, the bride is that great city, that grows into a great kingdom, that will cover the earth.  The citizens of this city are wearing their white robes, ...wearing the righteousness of that city.  The city, and it's laws, and it's inhabitants are all joined together through Christ and the truth.  All working together in perfect harmony. 

The city is not just "the church", but the whole order of things knit together perfectly.  Once the city is cleaned up by Christ, he can present her to his Father, all washed clean, and wearing white linen.

Revelation 21:9   And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Revelation 21:10   And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

It doesn't say that the bride is the church, or the saints, but that great city is the bride.

The whole system of truth and order, with laws, and citizens who that city is made up of combined.  All will be cleaned up, and perfected.

Edited by Sister

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Your scriptures above all represent a literal grouping of people, not a spiritual significance 

Thank you for response.

I do believe the measurements John gave are symbolic for the body of Christ and the great multitude that came to Christ in the past 6,000 years. I don't think John is picturing a literal building 375 miles wide, long and high. Can you find scripture that says the NJ is a literal building. I'm having a hard time finding this. :(

6 hours ago, Sister said:

Revelation 21:1   And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 21:2   And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Hi Sister, thank you. Well, I do believe Rev 21:2 is symbolic because the bride will already be on earth during the 1000 years.

Rev 21:2 Barnes' Notes on the Bible - It is here represented as "coming down from God out of heaven." This, of course, does not mean that this great city was "literally" to descend upon the earth, and to occupy any one part of the renovated world; but it is a symbolical or figurative representation, designed to show that the abode of the righteous will be splendid and glorious. The idea of a city literally descending from heaven, and being set upon the earth with such proportions - three hundred and seventy miles high Revelation 21:16, made of gold, and with single pearls for gates, and single gems for the foundations - is absurd. No man can suppose that this is literally true, and hence this must be regarded as a figurative or emblematic description. It is a representation of the heavenly state under the image of a beautiful city, of which Jerusalem was, in many respects, a natural and striking emblem.

6 hours ago, Sister said:

The glory of the city as described to John is spiritual, the walls are spiritual, the gates, the foundations, the pillars etc,

Exactly. That's why John gave us human measurements that exceed well beyond realistic expectations. 

https://www.google.com/#q=how+many+miles+is+12000+stadia

https://www.google.com/#q=how+thick+is+144+cubits

Rev 21:16-17 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long. 17The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits thick.

7 hours ago, Sister said:

It doesn't say that the bride is the church, or the saints, but that great city is the bride.

Scripture gives multiple names to describe believers. It's all referring to the same people, believers..

1. The bride Psa 45:13-14, Isa 61:10, Isa 62:4-5, Rev 19:6-10
2. The church Eph 5:25-27, Rev 2:26-29
3. Born again Christians John 3:3-7
4. The New Jerusalem Rev 3:12, Rev 21:2
5. The Holy City Rev 21:2, Rev 21:9-10
6. A great multitude Rev 5:9, Rev 7:9 Rev 19:1, 6
7. The armies of heaven Rev 19:14
8. The wife of the lamb Rev 21:9-10

Psa 45:13-14 All glorious is the princess within her chamber; her gown is interwoven with gold. 14 In embroidered garments she is led to the king; her virgin companions follow her— those brought to be with her. 

Isa 61:10 I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels

Isa 62:4-5 No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah,and your land Beulah ; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married. 5 As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. 

Gal 4:26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

Eph 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Days Won:  0

"It doesn't say that the bride is the church, or the saints, but that great city is the bride."

True .... exactly what is said

1 hour ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"It doesn't say that the bride is the church, or the saints, but that great city is the bride."

True .... exactly what is said

Read my post above yours. Believers have multiple names given to them..bride, holy city, NJ, etc..

and also..

John 3:27-30 To this John replied, “A person can receive only what is given them from heaven. 28You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Messiah but am sent ahead of him.’ 29The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30He must become greater; I must become less.”

2 Cor 11:2-3 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 3But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

"Read my post above yours. Believers have multiple names given to them..bride, holy city, NJ, etc.."

Not in Revelation 21

7 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"Read my post above yours. Believers have multiple names given to them..bride, holy city, NJ, etc.."

Not in Revelation 21

Daniel 11:36,

Thank you for response. I'm trying to understand your side of it. Do you have scripture that reveals the NJ as a literal building and not the church. I do see John comparing the bride/the church to the NJ here..

Rev 21:9-10 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

The holy city of Jerusalem coming down out of heaven is real .... literal

This will be very large and specific

1 hour ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

The holy city of Jerusalem coming down out of heaven is real .... literal

This will be very large and specific

Right the coming down is real. It's just not describing a literal building. It's describing heaven finally being made complete on the New Earth. God says we inherit the earth, not a cubed building. At this point, I've accepted that you don't have scripture. Please pray about this friend. Scripture also uses walls and gates as symbolism for salvation and praise, and there will no longer be weeping and crying and pain in the NJ. It also references believers as a city...

Isa 60:18 No longer will violence be heard in your land, nor ruin or destruction within your borders, but you will call your walls Salvation and your gates Praise.

Isa 62:12 They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted.

Isa 65:19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more.

Rev 21:4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Rev 21:15 The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates (praise) and its walls (salvation).

Blessings, Heb 13:8