IGNORED

Should Women Be In Leadership Positions in Church?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/19/2017 at 11:33 AM, Abby-Joy said:

You just cannot exclude the examples in scripture where women do have God-given leadership roles, to suit your views.... falling back on only certain verses to interpret what you want them to say.  The scripture must be in agreement with scripture.... this is just pointless.  

How many female disciples did Jesus send out 2 by 2 to prepare / preach/ heal/ in the towns He was going to ?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

How many female disciples did Jesus send out 2 by 2 to prepare / preach/ heal/ in the towns He was going to ?

Mark 16:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation."

Realizing women were disciples walking with Jesus show me there where Jesus commanded the men, his brothers only, go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation. When he was speaking those words and the women who traveled with him were there too and being directed to do his will. 

3 minutes ago, Giller said:

Already covered that, but it is not accepted.

Already covered that but it is not accepted within the context of what it says.

And anyhow I guess I will leave it at that.

No, actually you didn't. Thanks though. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

17 hours ago, Davida said:

Pretty crazy to hear people speaking for God- but at the same time not relying on the Scripture which tells us His Will and view, and commands on things. 

Some people act as though they can carry God around in a guided cage to release him out into the world to support their own ideals, when necessary. The word of God is not to be scavenged through for the gold to justify themselves, but to find the gold that God placed there for everybody to find.

2 hours ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Mark 16:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation."

Realizing women were disciples walking with Jesus show me there where Jesus commanded the men, his brothers only, go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation. When he was speaking those words and the women who traveled with him were there too and being directed to do his will. 

Show me where in the Bible it states that taking the word of God out into the world does not mean that the Men and women are to not follow the scriptural roles they have played through the years. Women can proclaim the word of God, but does that mean they can proclaim it to men and women alike or just to women and children? 

There is a difference between proclaiming the word of God to those who have not heard it and preaching to those who have inside a church of God, who made the roles of men and women quite clear.

4 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Show me where in the Bible it states that taking the word of God out into the world does not mean that the Men and women are to not follow the scriptural roles they have played through the years. Women can proclaim the word of God, but does that mean they can proclaim it to men and women alike or just to women and children? 

There is a difference between proclaiming the word of God to those who have not heard it and preaching to those who have inside a church of God, who made the roles of men and women quite clear.

No, there's no difference. Or Jesus would have said there was. And he did not. 

14 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Some people act as though they can carry God around in a guided cage to release him out into the world to support their own ideals, when necessary.

That would be those who state what God is doing or thinking about any given thread in an Internet forum I expect. 

The word of God is not to be scavenged through for the gold to justify themselves, but to find the gold that God placed there for everybody to find.

The word of God is not to be interpolated to satisfy the division that Jesus came to erase. And did in his ministry. And that Paul reiterated as true. 

Just now, Wolf Bridges said:

No, there's no difference. Or Jesus would have said there was. And he did not. 

Yes there is. One is introducing those who have not known God and one is building on the knowledge that is already there. Do you think people actually just show up at a church because they like the pointy roof. There is a thirst there that has been wetted by those who have spoken about God.

11 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

That would be those who state what God is doing or thinking about any given thread in an Internet forum I expect. 

The word of God is not to be interpolated to satisfy the division that Jesus came to erase. And did in his ministry. And that Paul reiterated as true. 

Doing and saying what God has already said he is going to do is not carrying God around anywhere. It is carrying the Bible around with them a reading it without presumption.

There is no division other than those who follow the Bible as it is set down and those who set down with a Bible and follow their own ideals.  As I've said before, If God wished women to be pastors there would be a long history of that and he would not suffer the culture of men to stifle that. To assume any different is to deny the scriptural evidence to the contrary. Either god is on the throne or he is on the run. To me he is on the throne and his will is manifest everywhere, not just where the assumed rule of man resides.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Teditis said:

See, I guess that why we get differing interpretation of Scripture... two people read the same thing

and state that they trust that the Holy Spirit is guiding them in their study, but still come away with

two differing opinions.

The was in their house and nothing was said about anyone else being in charge of it... in fact that it

is Priscilla and Aquila that are doing the "saluting" for that church makes it seem that it's their place

as leaders to do that sorta thing. Oh well.. God Bless.

Greetings Ted and all, 

I'm back after taking some time off, and I feel renewed and excited to be here (before I begin my Spanish lessons). If I may digress a wee bit, you said something here that has always gnawed at me. You said two people with the HS seeking both God and wisdom and yet they come away with different interpretations, meaning, and insight. 

THAT has always confused me, but I guess that goes along with why are there so many different congregations with different beliefs?  And why we can't all agree on this one. 

Ultimately I determined this (not saying it is a revelation from God mind you) - I think God may be very interested that we major in the majors, but I don't think he's "biting his nails" when we differ over small stuff, the minors.  Obviously, small stuff to God might be different to us, right? But here is my big moment in this post- I think God is much more interested and watching how we relate to each other through our differences!  Ta-daaaaaaaaaaa! 

That is why when I get myself involved in a serious debate like this one, I stop, take a deep breath, and make sure I check myself not to have "hard" feelings toward my siblings here who disagree with me.  I know how easy something like that can happen and that old wily serpent starts planting evil thoughts in my head. 

So, Churchmouse, davida, Giller, simple Jeff, wing nut, old school, and others I didn't mention who believe women should not teach or have any authority over man.....I BLESS YOU IN THE NAME OF OUR POWERFUL GOD AND HIS EQUALLY POWERFUL SON, LORD JESUS. 

Okay, you may continue now...

Side note: I purposely didn't mention Willa or muffet because no one can have hard feelings toward those two sweet ladies, no matter what comes out of their keyboards. 

Love going out to all, especially our moderators for their hard work,

spock