• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

whatever floats your boat....

i find that scripture makes more sense in many instances when i understand the world cosmology that was available when it was written.....  

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings brother BobRyan,

Thats an interesting that Noah was a Nephilim I don't disagree or agree. I can see that if there were giants after the flood, the genetics would have to have come from Noah, but at the same time where did average size peoples genetics come from. To my knowledge all the original human inhabitants were much larger. Thank you for your answers, they are more bible based, have more logic & common sense than most.

God Bless.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

39 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

Greetings brother BobRyan,

Thats an interesting that Noah was a Nephilim I don't disagree or agree. I can see that if there were giants after the flood, the genetics would have to have come from Noah, but at the same time where did average size peoples genetics come from. To my knowledge all the original human inhabitants were much larger. Thank you for your answers, they are more bible based, have more logic & common sense than most.

God Bless.

Genetics can transmit both longevity and physical size. We know from Genesis 5 that everyone was living for long ages before the flood. 

We may assume the same when it comes to giant size. They were all of that form before the flood - and after the flood it gradually tapered down to current age and current size.

One way we know this is because when Abraham enters Canaan he says nothing at all about giants. In fact he fights battles in Genesis - and no mention of giants. Probably because they were all roughly the same size though all of them diminished somewhat from Shem, Ham, Japheth in size. (Recall that Shem is still living when Abraham is alive).

However - almost 5 centuries later when Moses and Israel come back to Canaan suddenly their first observation is that the people of Canaan include giants. The tapering down in size was more accelerated in some areas of earth and less in others.

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

14 hours ago, other one said:

I don't know what you are referring to here.     The watchers that first created the nephilim are the ones that are in Tartarus .

No bible text says any of that

14 hours ago, other one said:

It's what Genesis chapter six and references in the New Testament is all about...   one has to understand the world view that was present when Genesis was penned to understand what the reader of that time period would understand the context of the scripture.

I don't see anything about 'the watchers creating nehilim" in Genesis 6, or the NT nor does the NT claim that the Nephilim are in Tartarus.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the early church fathers would disagree with you and many many learned Christians today.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

There are only 4 times that the bible that mention watchers Jer 4:16.  Dan 4:13, 4:17, 4:23.

In Jeremiah 4:16 it is exactly as it sounds, (watchers that come from a far country) these are people observing, spies.

In Daniel 4:13 & 17 it says,  ( & there was a watcher, a holy one.)  Now if this was a fallen angel, it certainly wouldn't be called a holy one.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, other one said:

whatever floats your boat....

i find that scripture makes more sense in many instances when i understand the world cosmology that was available when it was written.....  

This situation Biblically addressed: God gives us no guarantees with anything outside of Scripture; in fact we are warned that all is to be suspect unless verified by Scripture. My solace is in these facts and I will remain silent where Scripture is silent, I will speak little where Scripture speaks little, precept upon precept line upon line that is the narrow path that leads to righteousness in Christ alone and a mind ready for continuing in truth. :) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

This situation Biblically addressed: God gives us no guarantees with anything outside of Scripture; in fact we are warned that all is to be suspect unless verified by Scripture. My solace is in these facts and I will remain silent where Scripture is silent, I will speak little where Scripture speaks little, precept upon precept line upon line that is the narrow path that leads to righteousness in Christ alone and a mind ready for continuing in truth. :) 

Yep, that makes total Christian sense :)

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Yep, that makes total Christian sense :)

Your just trying to extort more nickels out of me :20:  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, enoob57 said:

Your just trying to extort more nickels out of me :20:  

I really am trying to confirm your statement but.....oh well :sad030: