• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

How could the Bible command modesty, if no one really knows what it is?

I did not say no one knows what it is. Just that different people have different views on what is and what is not modest. Why is that so hard to get across? :th_frusty:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, other one said:

We all have our things that set us off

I too, are in my autumn. Self-control just is the God-given power to not act on those things

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 minutes ago, Davida said:

I understand your point, but I believe the Bible has a better point.

Please stop these Burka comments. It has nothing to do with the Bible inspired by GOD & it has nothing to do with modesty. The Burka has been religiously forced upon women in order to oppress them & punish them it is right next to female genital mutilation.

That is not true, the burka is because Islamic men can't handle themselves even in public, as is being expressed all across Europe and the middle east.  I agree that tha surgery has nothing to do with this conversation but the burka certainly does.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

I did not say no one knows what it is. Just that different people have different views on what is and what is not modest. Why is that so hard to get across? :th_frusty:

There if only one Christian view. That is what God tells us. The words of the Holy Bible.

Just now, missmuffet said:

There if only one Christian view. That is what God tells us. The words of the Holy Bible.

Which few can agree on.

2 hours ago, other one said:

That's very true Lady,  through the my career with Xerox I had to take service calls at nudist places and it seems that they really do accept the buff as a perfectly normal attire. In talking to some they tell me that one becomes accustom to it quickly and there is really little lusting going around.  They also said that if everyone went wound in the buff people would take better care of their bodies.  While I was never really inclined time join them I would have to agree that if we were all in the buff I would have taken much better care of my body.  One odd thing I noticed was that most of the people there were married couples and they said that no one they knew were unfaithful to their wives...  I wish I could say that about most of the churches I've been to.

Yes. Most women even when dressed "modestly" ( like a long dress with long sleeves) if they are nice looking, lustful thoughts can come into someone's head.  For me it is a man in a kilt. Oh my do I ever like a man in a kilt. With beautiful eyes and long hair. Okay I'm done now. Sorry got lost there for a moment. 

3 minutes ago, other one said:

Which few can agree on.

Exactly. People want to give their own words to Scripture. So it agrees with what they want to believe.

Just now, Davida said:

The Burka is SPECIFIC to Islamic tradition. We know that the Real GOD is NOT Allah, we know that the Bible did not mention that it was 100 yds of BLACK woven material that covered the head and the body--the Bible says God used  animal skins. The burka is Islamic & oppressive and I find it insulting to God to make reference to it in this context as His scripture we are referencing. Why do you keep insisting to throw it in? It is a demon inspired , same as some 9 armed hindu diety is demon inspired - so why would you think God did anything like that?

Yes, the Burka does not even come into play when we are discussing that a woman should dress modestly. But it is a sarcastic remark.

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

The Bible only gives one view.

LoL and I have been here going on 14 years watching people disagree on what that view is...  and we can't even agree on which Bible. LoL

2 hours ago, Davida said:

As far as that goes any of them can have a culture of wife swapping & opportunity for pedophiles to lust after children too. Who would know unless your a member what the truth is?

Now come on. You don't even know the people whom he is speaking about. You should not accuse them of being wife swappers and pedos. People who wear clothes do that sort of thing too. I do not like where all of this is going. Maybe I should ban myself from the topic.