• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 5/21/2017 at 0:13 PM, Gary Lee said:

Psa_119:11  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

As a believer over the years, studying the word and gaining experience in obedience to the word, difficult  at times although for me, I've realized that the outward man's actions, the obedience, was just the start, the beginning of my maturity. Later, when I realized "I" couldn't do it, but God could, I began to realize God wanted to change my inner man, the part no one but myself and God could see. My thoughts (my heart). It pleased me to be able to obey more and more, to have a "good appearing" walk, but I knew what was in my heart. God knew my motivation was more for outward appearances to my friends and their pat on the back, and not so much as the love of the brethren, or God. As I cleaned up my act more and more outwardly, I was disappointed more and more with the thoughts in my heart. I was a hypocrite.  And God knew it. Something changed in me then. I realized the verse that God showed me was so true; My heart is deceitfully wicked and now I finally knew it. I always resented that verse, "my heart deceitfully wicked"??  I needed to be honest with myself, and quit fooling(deceiving) myself. The great apostle Paul proclaimed he was the chiefest of sinners. Why?  I had always wondered how this great man of God could say that, and as I tried desperately to have a clean heart toward God, I understood why.  Paul said;  Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? .....To whom much is given, much is required. Did God tell us how so corrupt our hearts were to make us all the more downhearted. I believe it was to show me how NOT to trust my heart and continually refer back to the word, God's word. The word that  I hid in my HEART, that I might not sin against Him. Now I understand better  the scripture of the Pharisee and publican.  One is proud of his outward actions, and one is honest with himself.

Luk 18:11  The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.  I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.  And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Thanks Gary, for sharing your story.

I think if we are honest, we all have a story to tell and hav stories in progress.  We have been in a situation for a couple years now where it has been hard for us as we have made a stand for what we believe.

As a family we chose that being followers of Christ, this was not only something that we should be doing on a Sunday, and in front of everyone, but something that we should be throughout the rest of the week. Needless to say, our decision has not been taken well by others, but it is a choice that we have made. 

I keep reminding myself to guard my heart and that in standing up for what is right. 

Thanks once again, I hope to come back and reread your post.

Blessings.

On 5/20/2017 at 11:46 AM, Davida said:

Prov 27: 19   "As in water face reflects face, So the heart of man reflects man."

Matt 15:19    "18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these things defile a man. 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, and slander. 20These are what defile a man, but eating with unwashed hands does not defile him.”…

Jer 17:9      "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: …"

Mark 7:21  "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, …"

Thanks Davida

Proverbs 27:19 is another verse that has been an encouragement to me, in this journey. It's fun seeing a reflection in water, but seeing a reflection can also show us areas that need change. Blessings.

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Annette,

Yes I certainly agree that what Cain did, revealed his heart - proud. Then we read how the Lord asked him questions to help him see his wrong thoughts, and then warned him concerning `sin lies at your door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.`  (Gen. 4: 7) God`s heart was to reveal, warn and forgive when repentance comes. And we all know how strong our self-will is. I thought Gary Lee said it so well.

Marilyn.

Thanks Marilyn,

i think Gary did answer well. There are some verses that we come across and try understand, and then with life experiences, they become real to us. 

Thanks for your input.

• 1 month later...

On 5/20/2017 at 0:00 PM, Willa said:

Eze 36:26 “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Eze 36:27 “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

We definitely do no want a heart of stone. Thanks for these verses Willa. Blessings :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,174
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have found in my heart I have turned aside many times ... so much so I trust myself no longer!

1 Corinthians 10:12 (KJV)

[12] Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

I have found to be a man of God I must be a child unto God always (reliance in all ways of life and duty) ... a day by day battle with what I have began with...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/6/2017 at 9:32 AM, enoob57 said:

I have found in my heart I have turned aside many times ... so much so I trust myself no longer!

1 Corinthians 10:12 (KJV)

[12] Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

I have found to be a man of God I must be a child unto God always (reliance in all ways of life and duty) ... a day by day battle with what I have began with...

That is so true Steven. I am so glad that we do have someone who we can trust in. Blessings :) 

Edited by Annette
Removed picture with verse

12 minutes ago, Annette said:

That is so true Steven. I am so glad that we do have someone who we can trust in. Blessings :) 

My Grace.jpg

It is The Life and Peace beyond understanding huh loved one :thumbsup: 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

It is The Life and Peace beyond understanding huh loved one :thumbsup: 

Steven, It truly does go beyond anything we can understand. :dance:

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, Annette said:

Steven, It truly does go beyond anything we can understand. :dance:

Yes we experience from our begin that which does not ....

Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NASB)

[11] He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The human heart can be evil and deceitful. God knows our heart. In order for a person to be saved the condition of the heart must be changed.

5aeb0ee50b9e9621e1a60069ac4f803e--my-heart-heart-broken.jpg

• Loved it! 1