missmuffet

Trump to cut food stamps and Medicaid

7 minutes ago, other one said:

But they are jobs. In between my two careers I had two temp jobs to stay off of unemployment benefits. 

Yes, the kids at the Christian college and school kids work them a lot ... but too, places like the Showboat will hold spots for those who will return for the next season and they get a raise.  Then there are benefits between these places ... like Showboat, Silver Dollar City, Big Cedar Lodge (owned by Johnny Morris of Bass Pro Shops) ... so anyone employed by Big Cedar, for instance, is given discounts at Big Cedar, Bass Pro, and other big name stores, as well as free days at SDC ... Showboat offers the same types of discounts and freebies.  It's a cool place.... I guess... 

6 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

I agree with cuts to programs that are routes people who can work take advantage of in order to live for free on working class peoples labors. 

Welfare should be a hand up, not a career. 

Amen! 

7 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Or perhaps it should be encouraging as it might mean that not that many food stamp recipients are drug users as you think 

You don't KNOW what I think.

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, isn't that labeling someone who is genuinely disabled?

Drug users are disabled? 

Most of them.

On 5/22/2017 at 7:40 PM, The_Patriot2017 said:

Good for him, making cuts to two more over in flayed systems. I'm not against both, but both have a lot of waste, a lot of corruption and is overly abused. By cutting back their budget it will force them to be more selective in who they divy money to, and hopefully more people who actually need it will get the benefits while booting out the slackers and those abusing the system.

I'm going to add something to this. Random drug screening should be added to the requirements for the programs.

I've been on food stamps twice. Once for about 3 months and again 2 years later for about 6 months - because I couldn't make enough to pay rent and buy food. The abuses of the system are real. I spent 15 years in the Air Force and lived with random drug testing for that entire time. It keeps people honest, but there are always those who try to game any system. I have no issue with anyone who really needs the help since that's what the programs are for, but there needs to be some accountability. Layabouts don't need to be getting high on our tax money.

7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

You don't KNOW what I think.

How could I not with as often as your post to me start with "I think..."

6 hours ago, Running Gator said:

How could I not with as often as your post to me start with "I think..."

You should take that as 'I think' being about the subject at hand.  I really dislike anyone telling me, or anyone else, how they think.  It's condescending. 

On 5/24/2017 at 2:32 AM, walla299 said:

I'm going to add something to this. Random drug screening should be added to the requirements for the programs.

Well  they are not free. Drug test have to be paid for. Just adding more to the cost of things if you ask me. 

I'm just going to say it. Pro Life people get into office then the they start  cutting programs for the  poor.    Just makes me wonder is all.