• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

13 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

I don't know if this is Melania's first marriage, but both Donald's divorces involved adultery.

I have to wonder why you started this thread if we don't know?  Is it because it is juicy news?  Honestly, I can't figure out why half these news story's I see pop up are even worth posting.  How can this bring anyone closer to Christ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

19 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

I don't know if this is Melania's first marriage, but both Donald's divorces involved adultery.

That would make them legally divorced and if The Donald repented of his folly, would it matter? Can a Catholic marry outside the Catholic Church? I ask these because I really don't know.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

4 hours ago, other one said:

That would make them legally divorced and if The Donald repented of his folly, would it matter? Can a Catholic marry outside the Catholic Church? I ask these because I really don't know.

It's "possible for a Catholic who is marrying a non-Catholic to obtain permission to be married in a non-Catholic church or other suitable location, depending on the circumstances of the marriage."

But I don't know the circumstances of Melania's marriage in an Episcopal Church, e.g., was the ceremony performed in the presence of a Catholic priest or deacon and in the presence of two witnesses?

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

I have to wonder why you started this thread if we don't know?  Is it because it is juicy news?  Honestly, I can't figure out why half these news story's I see pop up are even worth posting.  How can this bring anyone closer to Christ?

There's a lot of things that can be posted under U.S. News that don't edify anyone, but historically Melania is the first Roman Catholic FLOTUS since Jackie Kennedy.

Did you know that? Because it was "news" to me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

It's "possible for a Catholic who is marrying a non-Catholic to obtain permission to be married in a non-Catholic church or other suitable location, depending on the circumstances of the marriage."

But I don't know the circumstances of Melania's marriage in an Episcopal Church, e.g., was the ceremony performed in the presence of a Catholic priest or deacon and in the presence of two witnesses?

Thanks

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

I really fail to see the purpose of this thread. Also, the title does not imply specifically that this is with regards to the catholic church specifically, just asks whether or not it is valid in a general way, which, it obviously is.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Learning God's Ways may help clear/clean up people's lives. (if they turn to Him for how to live)

God's Requirements (in so many ways) are much much much different than man's:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 ESV / 15 helpful votes

“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.

1 Corinthians 6:16 - Bible Gateway
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/.../1 Corinthians 6%3A16 - Cached - Similar
For they shall be, saith he, two in one flesh. ... And don't you know that if a man joins himself to a prostitute she becomes a part of him and he becomes a part of her? ..

=------------------------------

1 Corinthians 6:16 - Do you not know that he who unites himself with ...
www.biblestudytools.com/1-corinthians/6-16-compare.html - Cached - Similar
For they shall be, saith he, two in one flesh. ... 1 Corinthians 6:16 (MSG) There's more to sex than mere skin on skin. ... 1 Corinthians 6:16 (NLT) And don't you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her?

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, Steve_S said:

I really fail to see the purpose of this thread. Also, the title does not imply specifically that this is with regards to the catholic church specifically...

The entire headline was "Is Melania’s marriage valid in the eyes of her church?"

And this Catholic didn't know that Trump's latest wife is also Catholic.

"The story broke during the Trumps’ visit to the Vatican, when Pope Francis was seen blessing a rosary brought along by Melania and someone from the Daily Mail asked the question. Given the endless coverage of Ivanka and Jared’s Jewishness — to say nothing of Donald’s own religiosity (or lack thereof) — how can we not have known that we’ve got the first Catholic First Lady since Jackie Kennedy?'

How indeed?