IGNORED

the world has just gone mad

Guest shiloh357
Just now, LadyKay said:

I really think there is some underline issue that causes a man to want to be a women and a women a man. It may indeed be a sin. But like the sin of say drug abuse for example, there is clearly a spiritual need but also a psychological issue that needs to be addressed as well.  Just as if one was physical ill. Both Spiritual and physical help are needed. I do not like to treat people unkindly even when they live a  lifestyle that does not a line with mine. Addressing the cartoon I felt that the women pointing her finger at the hair guy in a dress and calling him a freak was unkind. It is no wonder that the guy dressed as a women felt that she was a hater. I do not feel that is the way to treat someone.  Anyway these are my thoughts on that matter. 

There is nothing unkind about exposing people to the truth, even if it offends them.  No one thinks it is good to make fun of them or mock them.   But we need to pull them aside and tell them that this isn't normal and that they need help.   They may be offended, but we are called to tell them the truth.   I think we confusing kindness with niceness.

I had to tell my sister-in-law that her peanut butter pie was just awful.   She made a pie and brought it out to my parents' house for a holiday and I literally could not swallow it; it effected my gag reflex. My brother had gotten used to her "cooking"  but I had not.   She was planning on making another one to take to a church function.    I had to hurt her feelings and tell her that it just tasted awful and not to take it to church.  I advised her to buy a pie or use a better recipe but that what she had brought to us was not fit for consumption.   I was not being nice, but warning her about how  bad the pie was, was an act of kindness on my part.  I saved her from public embarrassment.  I did not tell she was a lousy cook, but I got the point across that my brother was afraid to make, since he has to live with her.

Tough love means telling people the truth even when it hurts them in the short term, because in this case, their eternal destiny is at stake and we need to be more concerned about that, than any social repercussions.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, simplejeff said:

This happens frequently.    People become convicted of something false, and the wrong idea "becomes clear".

There's no truth to this at all, it doesn't even make sense from what you quote and describe yourself, from your own "and we see" which is false, not true, both here and elsewhere as in your more expanded description 5 years ago (it was false then, and remains false)  :

01/22/2012 gdemoss said:"It isn't until after the fall that God gives the herb of the field to Adam as food. Keeping this in mind lets return to chapter one to see where it all fits into creation week.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

And we see that the addition of herb bearing seed is added after the blessing they were given to be fruitful, and multiply and fill the earth with dominion. So the fall has to be before verse 28 concluding that the fall happened on day 6 before the close of the day where God said:

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
"

Are you aware that the autographs that predate what we have as scripture today are no longer available?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

17 hours ago, Davida said:
19 hours ago, gdemoss said:

I became convicted that this was true by reading Genesis 1, 2 and 3.  It became clear to me that God gave them the herb of the field to eat after the fall but yet on day 6.  I accepted that if I wasn't going to add to or take away from it would mean that the fall happened on day 6 of creation and was part of God's overall very good plan.  

Isn't being "convicted by the Holy Spirit" only pertaining to being convicted of a personal sin for our repentance?

Notice(d) they did not ever say they were taught nor convicted by the Breath of YHWH, Ruach HaKodesh, nor by Jesus,

and did not stay in line with All Scripture, The Gospel, or the Teachings of the Apostles in Scripture,

but 'left' the sure word (that was delivered once for all) behind,  to follow after 'fables' ....

"Conviction" apart from YHWH,  of the self, flesh, or enemy is far more common than

righteous truth,  "Conviction" of Righteousness in Yeshua, in line with All of YHWH'S WORD.

15 hours ago, gdemoss said:

I don't know Davida.  Having a conviction of something as truth is simply having a conviction.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

17 minutes ago, Davida said:

and I think these people need proper help rather then basically being ignored. Because that is what is happening when the society is saying it's normal-go about your day, I think many souls are being left stranded. 

Society according to YHWH'S (GOD'S) WORD is pernicious (death dealing,  always).

In contrast to souls being stranded, ignored, hurt, harmed, sick, left unhelped,

have you found anyplace where people are healed ?  (their souls nourished,  the thirsty given water , the hungry fed,  their spirits uplifted, encouraged,  given/ sharing JESUS LIFE ?  and their needs for today met ? )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

There is nothing unkind about exposing people to the truth, even if it offends them.

No. But pointing at someone and calling them a freak is unkind. As the lady in the cartoon was doing. Which in this case was what I was addressing, because that was what the cartoon showed. Had it shown a different  approach my answer would have been different. That is all. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 6/6/2017 at 0:12 PM, missmuffet said:

Our world in increasingly becoming a very dark and scary and unsafe place. But what we are experiencing now is a walk in the park to what the tribulation is going to be.

Tribe is no big deal.  Beast says take my Mark, I say no, cuts off my head and I go to be with  the Lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well. I just leave people be a long as they are not bothering me.  If my  Uncle George wants to wear a dress, so be it. Just how do you think we should treat people like this. Throw eggs at them? 

That's  not the point. While calling slurs is wrong the fact is-whereas once people  doing something as bizarre as dressing and acting like the opposite  would get the harsh criticism society  has devolved so badly that people get blasted for critiquing the wrong 

57 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

That's  not the point. While calling slurs is wrong the fact is-whereas once people  doing something as bizarre as dressing and acting like the opposite  would get the harsh criticism society  has devolved so badly that people get blasted for critiquing the wrong 

Well I thought these cartoons you post are open for interpretation. Meaning everyone  would say what  they get from the cartoon and how they see them. In other words I did not take then to have a "right or wrong answer."   And that is what I saw and got out of it. I am sorry but I do not think I will ever give you the answer you want to hear from me. I always feel like I am marching to my own beat around here if you know what I mean. If you only want to hear from people who think like you, well you will have to check me off your list I guess. :noidea:

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Can you put aside your judgement for a moment to look at these editorial cartoons to see what creative mechanic was trying to point out? 

I am so very sorry I have an answer different then what the poster wanted. And now it seems I have come off as being judgmental because of it. Freaky I feel I am anything but judgmental. I clearly do not understand how me pointing out that the lady in the cartoon was going about things in the wrong way as being judgmental. Clearly I will never understand people. :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well I thought these cartoons you post are open for interpretation. Meaning everyone  would say what  they get from the cartoon and how they see them. In other words I did not take then to have a "right or wrong answer."   And that is what I saw and got out of it. I am sorry but I do not think I will ever give you the answer you want to hear from me. I always feel like I am marching to my own beat around here if you know what I mean. If you only want to hear from people who think like you, well you will have to check me off your list I guess. :noidea:

Oh no. I was just clarifying it. I realise now it might have been  interpreted that it endorses using slurs and generally aggressive behaviour which was right