• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I would like to ask you something, it's not an intruding, or an investigative question, it is just an inquiry. 

I understand what you posted about Jesus may be supported by a lot others, but not by me. 

I do not believe that the scriptures support the saying that Jesus did anything before his birth. 

The witness of the prophesies and the announcement of the news by the Angel to Mary. 

God created us with a mind, to be able to think things through.

When we look at the Scriptures, there are many things that cannot be seen with a quick glance, but reqires some though and study. 

Im sure you've heard of the term "baby christian" . It isn'tan insult, but it is a fact. Young Christains in thier exuberance will charge through the scripture ( read read read) and totally miss a lot.

By the way, im not calling you a baby Christian. 

But scripture is something to be pondered at. As i said, God created us to be thinkers.

So when we see in Johns Gospel ( the inspired word of God) the very first words are "In the beginning" " was the Word" , even Johns Gospel has it capitalized, and that represents a title or name. 

So the letters here are Word! 

The very next line

"The Word was with God, and the Word was God". Sir, who do you think the Gospel of John is talking about?

Next verse, "He was with God in the beginning.

The author of Johns Gospel is already changing the letters from Word to He.

The author is not talking about God the Father, yet this person is said to be God. 

LarLater in the versus, there is an explination. " He was in the world that had its being through Him, and the world did not know Him." 

And finaly, the Gospel states, "The Word was made flesh, he lived among us and we saw His glory, the glory that is His as the only Son of the Father"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Pudgenik said:

But scripture is something to be pondered at. As i said, God created us to be thinkers.

So when we see in Johns Gospel ( the inspired word of God) the very first words are "In the beginning" " was the Word" , even Johns Gospel has it capitalized, and that represents a title or name. 

The very next line

"The Word was with God, and the Word was God". Sir, who do you think the Gospel of John is talking about?

The author is not talking about God the Father, yet this person is said to be God. 

LarLater in the versus, there is an explination. " He was in the world that had its being through Him, and the world did not know Him." 

And finaly, the Gospel states, "The Word was made flesh, he lived among us and we saw His glory, the glory that is His as the only Son of the Father"

Friend, I call you friend even though I don't know you, but because of the way you are thinking. 

Let me put my question in a different way. 

Mary before she gives birth she has name her baby Jesus. 

So we can say before baby Jesus enter our world, by ejecting himself,

(or by the natural design that makes it happen that way)

Out from Mary and breathing for the very first time our air, and now he is ours, one of us. 

And he lived in that state for about thirty three years. 

But before that he lived in the womb for nine months. 

Did he create anything in the world during those nine months. 

The answer is obvious, and his mother can give witness that he never left her tummy. 

And his mother can give many witnesses, that when he was born in a created world. 

The first man was created by someone else, the whole universe was all ready at work.

Now his mother would have told him stories about the stars y the moon, and she would have to answer questions about who did this and who did that. 

Mary whould have recounded the stories from the Bible. 

And Mary would tell him we worship the God of the Creation. 

So I am asking the question , if we have asked Mary who Created the world and everything in it, she would denied that was JESUS, and she had the scriptures to prove it. 

So this is the question: 

Did JESUS created anything before he was born. 

The answer is the same as his mother NO. 

How you understand things yourself. 

Did JESUS created anything before he was born? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

47 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus was manifested as a man. He was before creation.

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Friend, I call you friend even though I don't know you, but because of the way you are thinking. 

Let me put my question in a different way. 

Mary before she gives birth she has name her baby Jesus. 

So we can say before baby Jesus enter our world, by ejecting himself,

(or by the natural design that makes it happen that way)

Out from Mary and breathing for the very first time our air, and now he is ours, one of us. 

And he lived in that state for about thirty three years. 

But before that he lived in the womb for nine months. 

Did he create anything in the world during those nine months. 

The answer is obvious, and his mother can give witness that he never left her tummy. 

And his mother can give many witnesses, that when he was born in a created world. 

The first man was created by someone else, the whole universe was all ready at work.

Now his mother would have told him stories about the stars y the moon, and she would have to answer questions about who did this and who did that. 

Mary whould have recounded the stories from the Bible. 

And Mary would tell him we worship the God of the Creation. 

So I am asking the question , if we have asked Mary who Created the world and everything in it, she would denied that was JESUS, and she had the scriptures to prove it. 

So this is the question: 

Did JESUS created anything before he was born. 

The answer is the same as his mother NO. 

How you understand things yourself. 

The answer that Mary would say to you is that Jesus and the Father are One.

Understanding all of what God is can be difficult. The bottom line is that God Loved.

It is written.

God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son.

King David says. "The Lord said to my Lord" this is a quote Jesus speaks of in scripture of Himself, when trying to explain His divinity.

When i was asking the question before, "what 'Is' Jesus", Jesus is much more that the person than we know on earth. 

Jesus Is God. "The Father and I are One". Jesus is Love, scripture states, God is love. 

In the first chapter of the Gospel of John we read that Jesus "Is" the Word. 

Every time God speaks in the Old Testiment it is Jesus who is speaking

It is written. The Jews didn't recognize Him.

It is also stated in scripture that Jesus wasn't revealed until born of Mary.

The mystries of God are many. We humans can not fathom, can not grasp the fulness of God. This is why faith hope and love are so important. 

God gave us these gifts. They become us, and in God's grace, sustains us.

Peace always, my friend. May the Lord fill you with His wisdom.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

10 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

I think it will because it is indicating to us that God has come to us in many ways over many years.

In the end my splitting hairs about it should not change the importance that He does that.

God is more powerful than any person. I think at times our own belief that we know what God would or would not communicate to us could get in the way of what he actually intends as his message. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

The answer that Mary would say to you is that Jesus and the Father are One.

Understanding all of what God is can be difficult. The bottom line is that God Loved.

It is written.

God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son.

King David says. "The Lord said to my Lord" this is a quote Jesus speaks of in scripture of Himself, when trying to explain His divinity.

When i was asking the question before, "what 'Is' Jesus", Jesus is much more that the person than we know on earth. 

Jesus Is God. "The Father and I are One". Jesus is Love, scripture states, God is love. 

In the first chapter of the Gospel of John we read that Jesus "Is" the Word. 

Every time God speaks in the Old Testiment it is Jesus who is speaking

It is written. The Jews didn't recognize Him.

It is also stated in scripture that Jesus wasn't revealed until born of Mary.

The mystries of God are many. We humans can not fathom, can not grasp the fulness of God. This is why faith hope and love are so important. 

God gave us these gifts. They become us, and in God's grace, sustains us.

Peace always, my friend. May the Lord fill you with His wisdom.

When Mary say "the Father", I don't think she is referring to an earthly "Father". 

What is Mary's concept about the "Father". 

I am not Catholic, and I am not just looking for the Catholic concept, and that too, but I am also interested in your own understanding and without any explanation. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

2 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

God is more powerful than any person. I think at times our own belief that we know what God would or would not communicate to us could get in the way of what he actually intends as his message. 

I agree, and that's why I am saying that splitting hairs on the topic of how God works in the physical should not take away from what the message in the quote is....However...

Looking at the conversation between your closestfreindnt and Pudgenet just before your post is a clear indication of how not having an understanding of who and what Jesus, the Christ and the Son are can create a lot of confusion.

When we hear Jesus speaking , that is a physical manifestation from the spirit living within, it is the Son of God living within that is speaking about himself.  

John 1 is talking about the WORD/ The Son of God becoming physical and that physical manifestation we come to know as Jesus. 

Again, it's a matter of definition but if we don't use the names properly, we get the confusion.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

11 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

God created us with a mind, to be able to think things through.

When we look at the Scriptures, there are many things that cannot be seen with a quick glance, but reqires some though and study. 

Im sure you've heard of the term "baby christian" . It isn'tan insult, but it is a fact. Young Christains in thier exuberance will charge through the scripture ( read read read) and totally miss a lot.

By the way, im not calling you a baby Christian. 

The very next line

John 1 is talking about the WORD/ The Son of God becoming physical and that physical manifestation we come to know as Jesus.

This is not about "Jesus" being around since the beginning. It's about THE SON OF GOD (the WORD) being around since the beginning.

We see the Son of God living in and working through the created Jesus.

Because we put them together in our physical understanding we naturally assume "Jesus" is eternal when it is The Son of God that is. He is the one who showed up in different forms in the past not Jesus.

To answer the questions you have asked me. 

Marys love for God is the most pure.

Many people get confused when we talk of what is really needed to enter heaven, to go home to the Father. Abba.

Faith alone, is what many say. But this is only half correct. Faith alone brings us to our salvation, who is Jesus. But it is through Jesus and faith that brings us to paradise. 

This goes back to " what is Jesus?" Jesus is more than a person. Jesus, The Word And the Son of God are all the same thing.  Jesus and the Father are One. 

Even the catholic get lost on this. The concept of works is not working, like sweeping a floor (but it can be ) what scripture means by works, is Jesus working through you.

Jesus says, whenever you do something for the least (people) you are doing it for me.

God is love.

It is love and faith that will bring you home.

If faith was the only ingredient. The fallen Angels would have never left heaven.

But they rejected God, they rejected Love. Love is the key.

So going back to Mary, as like Enoch, Mary found favor with God. There is no one else in love with God as much as Mary is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I would like to ask you something, it's not an intruding, or an investigative question, it is just an inquiry. 

I understand what you posted about Jesus may be supported by a lot others, but not by me. 

I do not believe that the scriptures support the saying that Jesus did anything before his birth. 

The witness of the prophesies and the announcement of the news by the Angel to Mary. 

Genisis 1:26

New International Version
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

God-Jesus and the Holy Spirit are us  in that verse and they are God. Jesus was there to create everything..

If  a person can't believe that for some reason, that person can't understand what the Bible talks about , it all starts by believing that Jesus is God.

If a person teaches otherwise we have the Bible to let us know that:

1 John 2:22-23 "Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also."

1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world."

2 John 1:7 "For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist."

1 John 2:18-19 "Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have arisen; from this we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us."

I vaguely remember discussing this topic before and don't really remember for 100 % if you believe that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are God?

Father-Son and Holy Spirit and those are One.