IGNORED

House Whip Scalise, security detail shot at baseball practice; suspect in custody

Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Evil ideologies and motivations exist. We will have to wait and see until after this guy is interviewed by the Police & they release the information. But all Joking aside , I don't accept for one moment the claim that anyone who kills innocent people is unstable that a false premise that is being foisted upon the public to camouflage violent motives.

He won't be interviewed on this side of the Throne though; he's dead.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

:th_praying: Prayers for this tragedy.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

Linked UPDATE: Suspect dead in Virginia shooting

May God have mercy.And comfort all who knew this man and grieve in their surprise. :th_praying:

Edited by Anonymous Aristotle

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Terry McAuliffe, the 72nd Governor of Virginia, is already talking about too many guns on the streets.  Can't Democrats ever talk about something useful like keeping violent felons and drug users in jails?  Why do they sponsor parades for terrorists or invite terrorists to the White House?  Democrats have no new ideas.  They are bankrupt as a political party.

Well, it only took someone from this forum an hour or so to tie this tragedy to the Shakespeare In The Park play.   Would not want a perfectly good tragedy to go to waste. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

54 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I can live with that, it is a better way to state it

Yes I think emotional instability maybe a better way of saying it, if I'm understanding you correctly.

I think am getting what you are saying, and I still don't think I agree with it regardless of what you call it, but I think i understand where your coming from. Your not saying they have "mental" problems so to speak, but rather letting their emotions/circumstances cloud their judgement to an extreme degree.

At least that's what I'm understanding from what you are saying, is my understanding in error?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  12.80

Congressional shooter was told in March to stop shooting in woods

Source: Belleville News-Democrat

James T. Hodgkinson’s encounters with local police included a domestic attack that included shooting a shotgun, a drunk crash and just a few months ago he was told to stop shooting in the woods near his home.

Neighbors complained and called the St. Clair County Sheriff at 3 p.m., March 24, when they heard about 50 shots fired in some pine trees near Hodgkinson’s home. The deputy found Hodgkinson, who had a valid Firearms Owner’s ID, and told him not to shoot there anymore.

On April 1, 2006, Hodgkinson was cuffed and his shotgun taken as evidence after a domestic fight.

He went to a neighbor’s house and tried to get his high school-aged daughter to come home. When she refused he became violent, grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to the floor.

The young woman and her friend tried to leave in a car. Hodgkinson opened the door, cut the ignition and used a pocketknife to cut the seatbelt.

When the friend threatened to call police, Hodgkinson punched her in the face. When the young woman’s boyfriend went to Hodgkinson’s house to talk about the attack, Hodgkinson aimed a 12-guage shotgun at his face. The boyfriend fled and Hodgkinson fired a shot behind him.

Hodgkinson had two battery charges and an aiding damage to a vehicle charge later dismissed.

In 2009 he was charged by Belleville with failing to obtain an electrical contractor license or electrical permit before performing work, but it, too was dismissed. He has DUI, resisting arrest and fleeing charges from Jan. 7, 1993, that were dismissed after court supervision.

You punch a girl in the face, point a shotgun in the boyfriend's face, shoot behind him as he's running away, and the police act like you're a loose cannon.  They won't even let you shoot in the woods behind your house.  I'm voting for Bernie.  Yeh, he'll fix what's wrong with America and everything will be free then!

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Yes I think emotional instability maybe a better way of saying it, if I'm understanding you correctly.

I think am getting what you are saying, and I still don't think I agree with it regardless of what you call it, but I think i understand where your coming from. Your not saying they have "mental" problems so to speak, but rather letting their emotions/circumstances cloud their judgement to an extreme degree.

At least that's what I'm understanding from what you are saying, is my understanding in error?

Yeah, that is about it.  Mental problems, in my mind, are actual physiological issues related to the body producing either not enough or too much of some chemicals.

I see "unbalanced" (whether you call it emotional or mental) as totally self caused.  To me there is something that is just not right in the mind of a person that would drive 800 miles to shoot someone.   Not that they are not responsible, they are for sure as they have chosen to let whatever emotions and such control them and drive them to do these things. 

9 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Well, it only took someone from this forum an hour or so to tie this tragedy to the Shakespeare In The Park play.   Would not want a perfectly good tragedy to go to waste. 

You should address this comment to the one who made it.

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

You should address this comment to the one who made it.

I did.  I am just pointing out that using a tragedy for political gain is not a new thing or limited to one party or the other.

Just now, Running Gator said:

I did.  I am just pointing out that using a tragedy for political gain is not a new thing or limited to one party or the other.

Show me where I made such a comment.