• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

On 7/9/2017 at 8:10 AM, JohnD said:

All the verses in the Bible that speak to the contrary are wrong... if you believe this to be true.

The fact of the matter is, we are hardwired to sin.

Lying, cheating, stealing, and lusting (in its many ways including homosexuality) are included in this package we call human nature.

To single out one as not in the origin of human kind is ridiculous.

They are in human nature and at the same time they ARE a choice.

Choosing to do nothing about them is a choice.

So it is all about choice BUT its is also about what we are born with to overcome!

I agree John.  We all sin, there is no getting around it and there is no stopping it till we are no longer in these bodies on this earth.  A child will sin (i.e. lie, cheat, steal) without ever being taught to do so, it is part of our nature.  If something being part of our nature does not make it hardwired, I do not know what would. 

Just now, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

aying that doesn't make it reality.

Nope it sure doesnt! But scripture  does! Renew your mind with the word of God and not "the world". You may want to base your thinking on Gods words instead of an atheist site.

Romans 2:14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do by nature what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law, 15since they show thatthe work of the Law is written on their hearts,their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them. 16This will come to pass on that day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus, as proclaimed by my gospel.…

God doesnt write a "hardwired sinful genetic code" . That would make God a liar in which  he is incapable of doing!God is Holy! God created mankind in his image.

"Morally, humanity was created in righteousness and perfect innocence, a reflection of God’s holiness. God saw all He had made (humanity included) and called it “very good” (Genesis 1:31). Our conscience or “moral compass” is a vestige of that original state. Whenever someone writes a law, recoils from evil, praises good behavior, or feels guilty, he or she is confirming the fact that we are made in God’s own image ."gotquestions.org

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Blueyedjewel said:

Nope it sure doesnt! But scripture  does! Renew your mind with the word of God and not "the world". You may want to base your thinking on Gods words instead of an atheist site.

Romans 2:14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do by nature what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law, 15since they show thatthe work of the Law is written on their hearts,their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them. 16This will come to pass on that day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus, as proclaimed by my gospel.…

God doesnt write a "hardwired sinful genetic code" . That would make God a liar in which  he is incapable of doing!God is Holy! God created mankind in his image.

"Morally, humanity was created in righteousness and perfect innocence, a reflection of God’s holiness. God saw all He had made (humanity included) and called it “very good” (Genesis 1:31). Our conscience or “moral compass” is a vestige of that original state. Whenever someone writes a law, recoils from evil, praises good behavior, or feels guilty, he or she is confirming the fact that we are made in God’s own image ."gotquestions.org

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your first remarks to me .

I didn't come here to be addressed by aggressive people who attempt in a poor example of first impressions to call my faith into question. Just because they're incapable of comprehending my first thoughts on the matter of someone who started this discussion doing so from the atheist perspective. Not the scriptural one. Post your screed to them.

Just now, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your first remarks to me .

I didn't come here to be addressed by aggressive people who attempt in a poor example of first impressions to call my faith into question. Just because they're incapable of comprehending my first thoughts on the matter of someone who started this discussion doing so from the atheist perspective. Not the scriptural one. Post your screed to them.

I comprehend just fine. Thank you :) 

You will fare well to base your thinking on Gods word. Anything else leads to you being tossed to and fro like a babe in the mix

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Yes, everywhere on earth, evil loves evil, and seeks evil.... and seeks/gets  approval from evil...

A christian renews one mind with the word of God and does not think as the world does.

Ephesians 4:23

New Life in Christ
22You were taught to put off your former way of life, your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be renewed in the spirit of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.…

Colossians 3:10
and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

2Tim 2:15

2 Timothy 2:15

15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved,[a] a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Blessings :)

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

If Christians are hardwired to sin, God is a failure! Regeneration, conversion, and being Born-Again are a farce.  

All commands in Scripture that tell us not to sin, are never met with an expectation of failure.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy...

Jude v.24

Be very careful what you say............shall the pot formed say why has thou made me thus.

We were made as God made us.   Jesus even came in the same likness of SINFUL FLESH.

meaning he had the same sinful flesh.   Careful , do not assume GOD is a failure because we were created as he made us.

We were made with < before I say this , its going to make a lot go viral mad but its true.

We were made with a FREE WILL CHOICE.   Man this might light the entire post up.  But its true.

Adam had freewill to either obey or disobey GOD.   as did Eve.

They had not sinned until the moment they WILLFULLY chose to DISOBEY GOD

all sin is the opposite of what GOD commands.  IF we followed HIS commands how could we ever sin.

THE ONE THING GOD DESIRES above all things..................IS OBEDIANCE .   

AND HE is love , so he sent the SON , the son sets us free from the power of sin.   HE sets the captives free.

gives us a NEW heart, new desires...........but watch out .................lusts  will choke the word

Quench the Spirit.  As paul once said............QUENCH not the SPIRIT.  quench.............put out.

THIS CAN HAPPEN , it does all the time................so the choice remains

CHOOSE YE THIS DAY , EVERY DAY< DIE DAILY by the POWER of CHRIST to the wickedness of the sin.

WHO we obey is who is our master.  WHO we serve is our master.

and the servant of sin abides not in the house forever.   THE SON DOES................SO OBEY HIM, OBEY THE SPIRT

and ye shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.    FREE WILL CHOICE

as even our LORD once said.......................never the less NOT MY WILL............BUT THINE BE DONE

Its high time we flee these men , who long ago changed doctrines so they could feel saved while still in sin.

FLEE THEM ALL.   and return to the First love , where all is about LOVE OF TRUTH , LOVE of GOD

yes , it time to return or perish many will.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Be very careful what you say............shall the pot formed say why has thou made me thus.

We were made as God made us.   Jesus even came in the same likness of SINFUL FLESH.

meaning he had the same sinful flesh.   Careful , do not assume GOD is a failure because we were created as he made us.

We were made with < before I say this , its going to make a lot go viral mad but its true.

We were made with a FREE WILL CHOICE.   Man this might light the entire post up.  But its true.

Adam had freewill to either obey or disobey GOD.   as did Eve.

They had not sinned until the moment they WILLFULLY chose to DISOBEY GOD

all sin is the opposite of what GOD commands.  IF we followed HIS commands how could we ever sin.

THE ONE THING GOD DESIRES above all things..................IS OBEDIANCE .   

AND HE is love , so he sent the SON , the son sets us free from the power of sin.   HE sets the captives free.

gives us a NEW heart, new desires...........but watch out .................lusts  will choke the word

Quench the Spirit.  As paul once said............QUENCH not the SPIRIT.  quench.............put out.

THIS CAN HAPPEN , it does all the time................so the choice remains

CHOOSE YE THIS DAY , EVERY DAY< DIE DAILY by the POWER of CHRIST to the wickedness of the sin.

WHO we obey is who is our master.  WHO we serve is our master.

and the servant of sin abides not in the house forever.   THE SON DOES................SO OBEY HIM, OBEY THE SPIRT

and ye shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.    FREE WILL CHOICE

as even our LORD once said.......................never the less NOT MY WILL............BUT THINE BE DONE

Its high time we flee these men , who long ago changed doctrines so they could feel saved while still in sin.

FLEE THEM ALL.   and return to the First love , where all is about LOVE OF TRUTH , LOVE of GOD

yes , it time to return or perish many will.

Who said Christains were.   Mankind is.   Christains have the new heart, while still being in a body of flesh that contradicts.

THE KEY is...............if we LOVE HIM, we love HIS sayings, and we will obey HIM and NOT the flesh.

And if any is living in sin RIGHT NOW...............better flee it , cease it now ,

or perish you will.   WE supposed to warn any brother or sister in a sin, to repent asap. 
Not this mindset of no big deal or God will work it out for them.  WE have the SPIRIT of GOD, we are the BODY of CHRIST

thus by the SPIRIT the members are to CORRECT any erring member........if they repent amen.  IF NOT KEEP NO COMAPNY with such a person PEROID.

that was the pattern SET BY JESUS and lived and taught by the early church.   So, whomever is following any lust

YA Better cease it now and be restored in again you will be.  FOR JESUS is not a minisitir of sin

if we build again those things which once we destroyed , THEN WE MAKE, key words, WE MAKE ourselves transgressors.

TIME for real holy doctrine and dire warning from grave men to appear.  The peoples are lost and perishing in sin

and these hirlings do nothing but make it worse.  OUT with them, lest they repent.  They in the place

to make a buck and keep the people feeling good so they stay , NO warnings from these men.

just make a buck and spew dung doctrines.   FLEE THEM.  test all men, test test test them all by HOLY SOUND DOCTRINE.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I comprehend just fine. Thank you :) 

You will fare well to base your thinking on Gods word. Anything else leads to you being tossed to and fro like a babe in the mix

Apparently not, so you're welcome to be made aware as one who you misunderstood and then addressed wrongly.

I always base my thinking in God's word. And there is no thing in my remarks that has ever indicated differently to those more interested in civil discourse than accusatory tones. Perhaps base your behavior from God's words and you wouldn't make such a poor impression.

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I agree John.  We all sin, there is no getting around it and there is no stopping it till we are no longer in these bodies on this earth.  A child will sin (i.e. lie, cheat, steal) without ever being taught to do so, it is part of our nature.  If something being part of our nature does not make it hardwired, I do not know what would. 

If sin is hardwired into us, then it removes our accountability.  Something hardwired into you, you can't help.     It is important to know the difference between between our human nature and our sinful nature.  Those are not the same thing.   Sinning is choice we make, an act of rebellion.   God commands us not to sin, which means it is not "hardwired" into us.