• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

I know this has been long, but THIS is how Yeshua` the Messiah can be the fulfillment of Daniel 9:27.

We have our own Bibles to read. No need to spam the threads, especially with a translation written in the 16th century. We have Bibles that have the benefit of far more source documents and in our modern English.

Its quite wrong to think the 'prince' of Daniel 9:27 is Jesus. That idea simply doesn't fit with what we are told in Revelation 11:2, 13:5-8, 17:10-13

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 15/08/2017 at 1:54 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Keras.

Assuming, of course, that "the Anti Christ desecrates the Temple." Sorry, but I don't think one should make this assumption. This is ALL based on an improper interpretation of Daniel 9:24-27.

Daniel 9:20-27
20 And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God;
21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.
23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
KJV

People naturally assume (why?) that the "he" in verse 27 refers back to "the prince that shall come" in verse 26. It CANNOT! Neither by the rules of English grammar nor by the rules of Hebrew grammar can the "he" in verse 27 refer back to "the prince that shall come." It MUST refer back to the "Messiah" of verse 26.

ENGLISH GRAMMAR:

The "he" is the pronoun SUBJECT in the sentences of verse 27. It must refer back to the noun that is the SUBJECT in the previous sentence. However, "the prince that shall come" is the OBJECT of the preposition "of!" As the object of the preposition, it CANNOT be the subject of the previous sentence! It is the word "Messiah" that is the subject of the sentence. The subsequent clause after the colon has "the people" as that clause's subject! Even the two conjoined clauses that follow, namely "the end thereof shall be with a flood" and "unto the end of the war desolations are determined," have subordinate subjects of the "end" and "desolations." The only singular, masculine, personal subject in the whole sentence is "Messiah." Therefore, the "he" found three times in verse 27 refers back to "Messiah" in verse 26.

HEBREW GRAMMAR:

The Hebrew phrase translated as "the people of the prince," is "`am naagiyd." It is called a "noun construct state." The second noun in the construct state is subordinate to the first noun, and cannot be the subject of the sentence. As such, it also cannot be the subject of the following verbs in verse 27 following, which have no other associated nouns. Therefore, the next closest singular, person who could fit the verbs of verse 27 is "mashiyach" in verse 26.

In BOTH grammars, neither support the "prince" being the "he" of verse 27. The "Messiah" is the "he."

This tells us that...

It is the Messiah that "shall confirm the covenant with many for one week," that "shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease in the midst of the week," and that "shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, for the overspreading of abominations."

The covenant that He confirmed with many for one week (one Seven = seven years) is the Davidic Covenant (not the New Covenant, as many assume):

2 Samuel 7:1-17
1 And it came to pass, when the king sat in his house, and the LORD (YHVH) had given him rest round about from all his enemies;
2 That the king said unto Nathan the prophet, See now, I dwell in an house of cedar, but the ark of God dwelleth within curtains.

3 And Nathan said to the king, Go, do all that is in thine heart; for the LORD is with thee.

4 And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying,
5 Go and tell my servant David, Thus saith the LORD, Shalt thou build me an house for me to dwell in?
6 Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle.
7 In all the places wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spake I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people Israel, saying, Why build ye not me an house of cedar?
8 Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel:
9 And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth.
10 Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,
11 And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the LORD telleth thee that he will make thee an house.
12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

17 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.
KJV

Later, David said,

Psalm 89:1-52
1 I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
2 For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations.
Selah.
5 And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.
6 For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the LORD?
7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him.
8 O LORD God of hosts, who is a strong LORD like unto thee? or to thy faithfulness round about thee?
9 Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.
10 Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain; thou hast scattered thine enemies with thy strong arm.
11 The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.
12 The north and the south thou hast created them: Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy name.
13 Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.
14 Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.
15 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.
16 In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
17 For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted.
18 For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.
19 Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.
20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness (Hebrew: checed = "covenant-keeping love") will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36 His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before me.
37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven.
Selah.
38 But thou hast cast off and abhorred, thou hast been wroth with thine anointed.
39 Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.
40 Thou hast broken down all his hedges; thou hast brought his strong holds to ruin.
41 All that pass by the way spoil him: he is a reproach to his neighbours.
42 Thou hast set up the right hand of his adversaries; thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice.
43 Thou hast also turned the edge of his sword, and hast not made him to stand in the battle.
44 Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.
45 The days of his youth hast thou shortened: thou hast covered him with shame. Selah.
46 How long, Lord? wilt thou hide thyself for ever? shall thy wrath burn like fire?
47 Remember how short my time is: wherefore hast thou made all men in vain?
48 What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave? Selah.
49 Lord, where are thy former lovingkindnesses, which thou swarest unto David in thy truth?
50 Remember, Lord, the reproach of thy servants; how I do bear in my bosom the reproach of all the mighty people;
51 Wherewith thine enemies have reproached, O Lord; wherewith they have reproached the footsteps of thine anointed.
52 Blessed be the Lord for evermore. Amen, and Amen.
KJV

And, we read this about Yeshua`:

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS (Greek: Ieesous = Hebrew: Yeshua` = "He shall save").
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Regarding the "seven years," this was David's history:

2 Samuel 5:4-5
4 David was thirty years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years.
5 In Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months: and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty and three years over all Israel and Judah.
KJV

1 Chronicles 3:1-4
1 Now these were the sons of David, which were born unto him in Hebron; the firstborn Amnon, of Ahinoam the Jezreelitess; the second Daniel, of Abigail the Carmelitess:
2 The third, Absalom the son of Maachah the daughter of Talmai king of Geshur: the fourth, Adonijah the son of Haggith:
3 The fifth, Shephatiah of Abital: the sixth, Ithream by Eglah his wife.
4 These six were born unto him in Hebron; and there he reigned seven years and six months: and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty and three years.
KJV

1 Chronicles 29:27
27 And the time that he reigned over Israel was forty years; seven years reigned he in Hebron, and thirty and three years reigned he in Jerusalem.
KJV

He was born "King of the Jews" (Matthew 2:2), and He died with the epitaph, "This is Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews" (Matthew 27:37; Mark 15:26; Luke 23:38; John 19:19), but He was NEVER declared "King of Israel." The Jews are the people of the tribe of Judah. By checking the contextual clues for Passovers, one can discover that Yeshua`s short "ministry" (His offer of the Kingdom to the Jews), was only 3.5 years long, from the time of His birthday (around Rosh haShannah) when He was 30 to the time of His death (at Passover) when He was 33 years old.

Secondly, HE was the One who caused the sacrifice and the oblation to cease in the midst of the week:

Hebrews 10:1-22
1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
KJV

Thirdly, HE is the One who left them "desolate":

Matthew 23:33-39
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore,
behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: (THESE are the "overspreading of abominations!")
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

I know this has been long, but THIS is how Yeshua` the Messiah can be the fulfillment of Daniel 9:27.

All of which throws the entire 7 year trib period into the proverbial paper shredder doesn't it, which makes one realize that if it isn't a literal temple the Antichrist parks himself as per 2 Thess. then the only other conclusion to be drawn is that the Antichrist is in the church...not in the future necessarily to fulfil some 7 year or 3 1/2 year time line, but we could (and I believe we are) witnessing him among us as we share this.

I might add that if Messiah has already fulfilled the first 3 1/2 years of the final week, then what of the final 3 1/2? Jesus instructed his disciples NOT to go to the gentiles, but to preach the gospel to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. This in general is what they did, until persecution drove them elsewhere after Steven's martydom, and Paul's declaration later that he was now turning his back on the Jews and was turning to the Gentiles. All this took place approx 7 years post Jesus' baptism...His annointing to the ministry.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,536
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

10 hours ago, brakelite said:

All of which throws the entire 7 year trib period into the proverbial paper shredder doesn't it, which makes one realize that if it isn't a literal temple the Antichrist parks himself as per 2 Thess. then the only other conclusion to be drawn is that the Antichrist is in the church...not in the future necessarily to fulfil some 7 year or 3 1/2 year time line, but we could (and I believe we are) witnessing him among us as we share this.

I might add that if Messiah has already fulfilled the first 3 1/2 years of the final week, then what of the final 3 1/2? Jesus instructed his disciples NOT to go to the gentiles, but to preach the gospel to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. This in general is what they did, until persecution drove them elsewhere after Steven's martydom, and Paul's declaration later that he was now turning his back on the Jews and was turning to the Gentiles. All this took place approx 7 years post Jesus' baptism...His annointing to the ministry.

Shalom, brakelite.

Precisely. That's one reason why I don't believe in a 7-year tribulation. I believe in a 2000-year tribulation, a.k.a. the time of Jacob's Trouble!

As was the first 3.5 years of His offer of the Kingdom to Judah (the Jews), so the second half of the seven will continue that offer, this time with POSITIVE results! Then, He will offer Himself as King for the whole of Israel. Later, as one by one they are either subdued or otherwise bow to His leadership by asking Him to take their country's leadership, He will become the King to many kings, becoming a world Emperor (1 Cor. 15:20-28). I think that the hardest ones to relinquish their country's leadership will be those with Houses of Representatives and Senates. The first to go will be those led by other kings and queens and dictators.

The two halves of Daniel's 70th Seven will be like bookends for the 2000-year Tribulation period.

See, Yeshua` HIMSELF split the seventieth Seven when He said,

Matthew 23:37-39
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you DESOLATE.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till (until) ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

This fulfilled Daniel 9:27 in part:

Daniel 9:27
27 And he (the Messiah) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he (the Messiah) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (because His was the LAST Sacrifice that completed the need for a sacrifice), and for the overspreading of abominations (the rest of Matthew 23) he (the Messiah) shall make it DESOLATE, even until the consummation (the conclusion), and that determined (the 2000-year Tribulation) shall be poured upon the desolate (the children of Israel).
KJV

This was the time when the Kingdom was offered to the children of Israel, fulfilling some of the purposes for the 70 Sevens:

Daniel 9:24
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
(1) to finish the transgression, and
(2) to make an end of sins, and
(3) to make reconciliation for iniquity, and
(4) to bring in everlasting righteousness, and
(5) to seal up the vision and prophecy, and
(6) to anoint the most Holy (to accept Him as their King).

KJV

When the Messiah Yeshua` returns, He will make the offer of the Kingdom to the children of Israel again, and this time they will be ready to accept His offer.

When Yeshua` made the statement, "For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till (until) ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord," He was quoting from Psalm 118:22-26:

Psalm 118:22-26
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.
KJV

The Hebrew of this highlighted sentence is "Baaruwkh haba' bshem YHWH," which means "Welcome, Comer in the name of YHWH." The plural of "Baaruwkh haba'," "B'ruwkhiym haba'iym," is written at all the airports and seaports in Israel: "Welcome, Comers (Visitors/Arrivals)."

sign_welcome1.jpg

On 8/15/2017 at 1:05 AM, Keras said:

We have our own Bibles to read. No need to spam the threads, especially with a translation written in the 16th century. We have Bibles that have the benefit of far more source documents and in our modern English.

Its quite wrong to think the 'prince' of Daniel 9:27 is Jesus. That idea simply doesn't fit with what we are told in Revelation 11:2, 13:5-8, 17:10-13

Shalom, Keras.

Actually, the "prince" is NOT Yeshua`. The "prince" was the Roman Titus Flavius Vespasianus who was in charge of the Roman army in 68 to 70 A.D. that burned the Temple and tore down its stones to get at the molten gold that flowed between those stones.

The reason why the idea doesn't fit with those passages in Revelation is because Daniel 9:27 has nothing to do with Revelation 11:2, 13:5-8, and 17:10-13! They are talking about two entirely different events in human history. Daniel 9:27 was about the early first century A.D., and Revelation is talking about a chain of FUTURE events that SHALL happen soon after Yeshua`s arrival in the 21st Century or beyond.

Regarding the King James Authorized Version of the Bible, I use it most because (1) it is public domain, (2) it PRESERVES the number and case of the second person that modern English does not, and (3) because it is closer to the Greek in structure, being a version that was translated more from a word-by-word basis.

Furthermore, I'm not "spamming the threads"; I'm drawing attention to particular phrases and words within the passages I quote as well as reminding the reader of the context of those passages. If you don't need it, ignore it; skim it and move on. HOWEVER, I would think a person would ENJOY reading the Scriptures! I know I do.

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, brakelite.

Precisely. That's one reason why I don't believe in a 7-year tribulation. I believe in a 2000-year tribulation, a.k.a. the time of Jacob's Trouble!

As was the first 3.5 years of His offer of the Kingdom to Judah (the Jews), so the second half of the seven will continue that offer, this time with POSITIVE results! Then, He will offer Himself as King for the whole of Israel. Later, as one by one they are either subdued or otherwise bow to His leadership by asking Him to take their country's leadership, He will become the King to many kings, becoming a world Emperor (1 Cor. 15:20-28). I think that the hardest ones to relinquish their country's leadership will be those with Houses of Representatives and Senates. The first to go will be those led by other kings and queens and dictators.

The two halves of Daniel's 70th Seven will be like bookends for the 2000-year Tribulation period.

See, Yeshua` HIMSELF split the seventieth Seven when He said,

38 Behold, your house is left unto you DESOLATE.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till (until) ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

This fulfilled Daniel 9:27 in part:

Daniel 9:27
27 And he (the Messiah) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he (the Messiah) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (because His was the LAST Sacrifice that completed the need for a sacrifice), and for the overspreading of abominations (the rest of Matthew 23) he (the Messiah) shall make it DESOLATE, even until the consummation (the conclusion), and that determined (the 2000-year Tribulation) shall be poured upon the desolate (the children of Israel).
KJV

This was the time when the Kingdom was offered to the children of Israel, fulfilling some of the purposes for the 70 Sevens:

Daniel 9:24
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
(1) to finish the transgression, and
(2) to make an end of sins, and
(3) to make reconciliation for iniquity, and
(4) to bring in everlasting righteousness, and
(5) to seal up the vision and prophecy, and
(6) to anoint the most Holy (to accept Him as their King).

KJV

When the Messiah Yeshua` returns, He will make the offer of the Kingdom to the children of Israel again, and this time they will be ready to accept His offer.

When Yeshua` made the statement, "For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till (until) ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord," He was quoting from Psalm 118:22-26:

Psalm 118:22-26
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.
KJV

The Hebrew of this highlighted sentence is "Baaruwkh haba' bshem YHWH," which means "Welcome, Comer in the name of YHWH." The plural of "Baaruwkh haba'," "B'ruwkhiym haba'iym," is written at all the airports and seaports in Israel: "Welcome, Comers (Visitors/Arrivals)."

sign_welcome1.jpg

Shalom....

I don't see things quite that way. The Bible abounds with promises that the people of Israel will be saved. They are called “the people of Yahuwah” and “His holy nation.” Many times the promise is given that, even though they are scattered throughout the whole world, they would be gathered again, returned to their own land, and dwell there forever (Jeremiah 30:3).

Today, all over the world, there are millions of Jews who still believe that Yahuwah's promises will be fulfilled through them. They claim to be both the "Israel of Yahuwah" and the "Israel according to the flesh." And many Christian churches second this notion. They are under the delusion that the promises Yahuwah made thousands of years ago can only be fulfilled by literal Israel today. As we go through this study we will see how our Father in heaven views it through His word.

The Jewish Nation Not True Israel 

1. In the Hebrew culture, every name had a deeper meaning. What does the name 'Israel' mean?

“Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with Elohim and with men, and hast prevailed.” Genesis 32:28.

Answer: Jacob had deceived his father to obtain the blessing that was due Esau. Upon discovering the deception of Jacob, Esau said, “Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing.” Genesis 27:36. The name Jacob meant “deceiver,” and he lived up to the name. The new name that he received from the angel, Israel, meant “overcomer.” The angel said that Jacob had “. . . power with Elohim and with men, and hast prevailed.” Verse 28. Jacob had overcome his sins, he was now a new creature, able to serve Yahuwah. Therefore, the name Israel was given to a man who overcame sin in his life.

2. How many of Israel will to be saved? 

“And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away wickedness from Jacob.” Romans 11:26.

Answer: All Israel.

The promises of Scripture have led many to suppose that the time would come when the literal descendants of Abraham -the members of the Jewish race- would return to Palestine, regain their nationhood, accept Yahushua as their Saviour, and become Yahuwah’s dispensers of light and truth to the nations.

Because of this interpretation the present Zionist movement, sponsored by Jews in many lands, which aims to restore the Jewish nation in Palestine, has been heralded by many religionist as a sign that these predictions are about to be fulfilled.

But neither the Zionist movement nor the establishment of the modern nation of “Israel” in Palestine has any connection with these Biblical prophecies concerning the restoration of Israel. Neither of these can have any part in establishing Yahuwah’s kingdom upon earth. They have not even been mentioned in Scripture. They have no standing whatsoever in Yahuwah’s scheme of things. Why? Because the literal Jewish race does not constitute Israel.

3. What does it mean that all Israel shall be saved?

Answer: The immediate context of Romans 11:26 is verse 25. When "the fullness of the Gentiles be come in," then "all Israel will be saved." Or, to be exact, "And so all Israel will be saved." In other words, the coming in of the fullness or total number of the Gentiles results in "all Israel" being saved. Paul's idea seems to be that when all Gentiles (totally, throughout history) have come in, that is, have been grafted into the Vine, they, uniting with all Jews who have become believers, will form the total number of the saved.

4. Who are being identified as the true Israel of Yahuwah?

“For in the Anointed Yahushua neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of Yahuwah.” Galatians 6:15,16.

5. How does Apostle Paul identify the true “Israel of Yahuwah” and the “Israel according to the flesh”?

“For I could wish that myself were accursed from the Anointed for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of Yahuwah, and the promises. . . Not as though the word of Yahuwah hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of Yahuwah: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.” Romans 9:3,4, 6-8.

Answer: An Israelite in Yahuwah’s sense of the term is one who accepts His plan of salvation through Yahushua, the Anointed, and who follows Yahuwah fully. A true Israelite may have been born of Jewish parents, or he may have had Gentile parents. It is not his natural or first birth that makes him an Israelite. It is the new or second birth. Israelites are twice-born men and women, who have accepted the grace of Yahuwah, and who recognize Yahushua as their Redeemer from sin and death. To simplify it, Apostle Paul is saying that being a literal Jew is not a passport into the family of Yahuwah. Yahuwah’s family consists of the children of promise. The true Israel of Yahuwah are true followers of Yahushua.

Where The Jews Failed 

6. In Yahushua's day, the majority of the Jews claimed to be the children of Abraham and heirs to the promises of Yahuwah based on lineage. But what was Yahushua’s response to their claims? 

John 8:39-47 "They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Yahushua saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of Yahuwah: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even Yahuwah. Yahushua said unto them, If Yahuwah were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from Yahuwah; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of Yahuwah heareth Yahuwah's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of Yahuwah."

Answer: Yahushua told them: "Ye are of your father the devil."

7. Where does Yahuwah write His law with reference to spiritual Israel?

“Behold, the days come, saith Yahuwah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith Yahuwah: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith Yahuwah, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their Eloah, and they shall be my people.” Jeremiah 31:31-33.

8. What was a symbol Yahuwah used about the Jewish nation? 

“Yahuwah called thy name, A green olive tree, fair, and of goodly fruit: with the noise of a great tumult he hath kindled fire upon it, and the branches of it are broken.” Jeremiah 11:16.

Answer: The Jewish nation - or literal Israel - is likened to a cultivated olive tree.

9. How can Gentiles become spiritual Israelites? 

“And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if Yahuwah spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of Yahuwah: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for Yahuwah is able to graff them in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away wickedness from Jacob” Roman 11:17-26.

Answer: Jeremiah and Paul likened the Jewish nation to a cultivated olive tree and Paul likens the Gentiles to a wild olive tree. The branches that were broken off were the Jews who rejected Yahushua. They were a part of the nation of Israel, but because of unbelief no longer belonged to Yahuwah. But Yahushua, the stock and root of the house of Israel, remained. New branches could be grafted into Yahuwah’s nation. Here the Gentiles were to have their chance. They could take the place of those who had fallen out. They were warned not to boast for they could fall from grace too, if they stopped trusting in Yahushua. To remain a part of the cultivated olive tree they were to continue in faith. One’s natural birth does not count. Paul concludes by saying, “And so all Israel will be saved.” This is so true, for Israel is made up of those whose sins Yahushua has taken away.

His Spirit Visits The Gentiles

10. The Gentiles are given a wonderful promise, what is it?

“Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of Yahuwah; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Yahushua, the Anointed, himself being the chief corner stone.” Ephesians 2:19, 20.

Answer: Gentiles cannot be saved unless they become Israelites through the new birth. Once without Yahuwah and with no hope, through the blood of Yahushua they are brought into the household of Yahuwah. They are then part of Yahuwah’s family. They have become one in Yahushua.

11. Who is a true Jew?

“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of Yahuwah.” Romans 2:28, 29.

12. Through whom do we receive the promise of Yahuwah? 

“And if ye be the Anointed's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Galatians 3:29.

Throughout his ministry Isaiah bore a plain testimony concerning [Yahuwah's] purpose for the heathen. Other prophets had made mention of the divine plan, but their language was not always understood. To Isaiah it was given to make very plain to Judah the truth that among the Israel of [Yahuwah] were to be numbered many who were not descendants of Abraham after the flesh. This teaching was not in harmony with the theology of his age, yet he fearlessly proclaimed the messages given him of [Yahuwah] and brought hope to many a longing heart reaching out after the spiritual blessings promised to the seed of Abraham.

13. When will the promises to spiritual Israelites be fulfilled?

“These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore Yahuwah is not ashamed to be called their Eloah: for he hath prepared for them a city.” Hebrews 11:13-16.

Answer: In Heaven.

Yahuwah gave to Abraham a view of this immortal inheritance, and with this hope he was content. "By faith he sojourned in the Land of Promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: for he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is Yahuwah. Hebrews 11:9, 10.

Of the posterity of Abraham it is written, 'These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.' Verse 13. We must dwell as pilgrims and strangers here if we would gain 'a better country, that is, an heavenly.' Verse 16. Those who are children of Abraham will be seeking the city which he looked for, 'whose builder and maker is [Yahuwah].

• Group:  Diamond Member

2 hours ago, brakelite said:

“These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore Yahuwah is not ashamed to be called their Eloah: for he hath prepared for them a city.” Hebrews 11:13-16.

You have written well, Brakelite.  All scriptural exegesis, excepting your conclusion of point 13, where you make a guess as to where that city will be. We know the New Jerusalem is being prepared in heaven, John 14:1-3,  and then it comes down to earth after the Millennium. Revelation 21:1-4

Nowhere does the Bible say we Christians are taken to heaven, the prophesies are plain; we have tasks to do on earth and we will experience all that must happen before Jesus Returns. It is the Christian survivors, those who endured to the end, who will greet Jesus at His Return. 

The new nation of Beulah:

Isaiah 62:1-2a For Zion’s sake, I shall not keep silent – until her victory shines forth, like the sunrise, her victory like a blazing torch. The nations will see your victory and their rulers your glory.

Isaiah prophesies for the sake of Zion; the holy Land. There will be a great victory, ‘like a blazing torch’ - a CME sunstrike over the attacking enemies. Isaiah 66:15-16, Psalms 11:4-6

The world will see it and be amazed.  Jeremiah 33:6-16

Isaiah 62:2b-5 You will receive a new name, the Lord Himself will give it. You will be like a glorious crown in His hand. No more are you forsaken and your Land desolate. You will be called ‘Hephzibah’ and the Land, ‘Beulah’. For the Lord will delight in you and it will be like a marriage: He will rejoice over you as a bridegroom over his bride.       ‘Hephzibah’ = My delight is in her.  ‘Beulah’ = married.   Isaiah 49:18

The Lord’s people, Christian Israelites will be gathered and settled into their heritage, all of the holy Land, in the new nation of Beulah. Wonderful promises to them of fertility and wealth. They will live in justice, peace and security, as He intended people to be.

Isaiah 62:6-7 Jerusalem, on your walls, I have posted watchmen, they will call out: You that invoke the Name of the Lord, do not rest and give no rest to the Lord until He makes Jerusalem a praise throughout the world.

The Hebrew word for ‘watchmen’, is ‘natzar’, the root word for Nazarene; literally all Christian believers. WE  must not rest or let the Lord forget His people and His Land. Keep praying for our redemption and restoration.  Ezekiel 36:24-28, Isaiah 52:7-9

Isaiah 62:8-9 The Lord has sworn to never again allow foreigners to take the produce of the Land, but you who give praises to Him will eat the grain and drink the wine, within My sacred courts.

After the great clearance in the Middle East, only His righteous people will be allowed to live there, those who love the Lord and obey Him. Isaiah 35:1-10, Isaiah 66:20-21, Ezekiel 20:34-38

Isaiah 62:10-11 Pass through the gates – clear a road for My people. Build a highway, remove the rocks and make a signal to guide the people. Proclaim to the ends of the earth, say to the offspring of Zion: See your deliverance comes, His reward is with Him and He will make recompense.

The great gathering of the Lord’s people – the second Exodus, will happen in the same manner as the first Exodus. Leaders [shepherds] will arise to guide the flock, in the spirit of Moses and Elijah. Jeremiah 3:14-15, Isaiah 58:11, Isaiah 43:5-7, Micah 4:6, Isaiah 49:9-13,  Isaiah 51:3, Zechariah 8:11-12, Isaiah 40:1-5, Ezekiel 11:17

Isaiah 62:12 They will be called ‘The Holy people, the Redeemed of God’ and Jerusalem will be called ‘sought after, the City no longer forsaken’.

The Lord’s faithful Christian people: living in the Holy Land of Beulah, as He created them to live, being a ‘light to the nations’ and witnesses to His salvation. They will send out 144,000 missionaries to every people group, to preach the good news of the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 66:19, 1 Peter 2:9-10, Acts 2:39, Jeremiah 31:23-34

Joel 2:23-27 People of Zion, rejoice – your God will recompense you for the years that others have ravaged your Land. You will again have plenty in your own Land. Then you will know that I am present in Israel and that I and no other am your God.

We will know the Lord is present by His deeds. Just as it was at the Exodus. Must be before the Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign.      

Revelation 15:2 
 ‭And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, ‭and‭ over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.‭ 

Revelation 4:6 
 ‭And before the throne ‭there was‭ a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, ‭were‭ four beasts full of eyes before and behind.‭ 

Hi Keras. I could post a dozen scriptures that vividly describe the state of the earth after God has dealt to sinners through the last plagues. Baically, in one word...ruined. It remains this way until it is recreated...at the end of the 1000 years and after it is cleansed by fire...the same fire that destroys Satan and the othr fallen angels, and sinners. The earth during the 1000 years is the very last place I want to be. I, by the grace of God, will be standing on that sea of glass with all the other redeemed from the earth...and hopefully you also...in heaven. We shall return to the earth at the end of the 1000 in the city...like a bride adorned for her husband. Eternity will be upon the new earth...the future capital of the universe.

• Group:  Diamond Member

1 hour ago, brakelite said:

Hi Keras. I could post a dozen scriptures that vividly describe the state of the earth after God has dealt to sinners through the last plagues. Baically, in one word...ruined. It remains this way until it is recreated...at the end of the 1000 years and after it is cleansed by fire...the same fire that destroys Satan and the othr fallen angels, and sinners. The earth during the 1000 years is the very last place I want to be. I, by the grace of God, will be standing on that sea of glass with all the other redeemed from the earth...and hopefully you also...in heaven. We shall return to the earth at the end of the 1000 in the city...like a bride adorned for her husband. Eternity will be upon the new earth...the future capital of the universe.

I will post more than a dozen that say the holy Land will be very quickly regenerated soon after the Lord's Day of fiery wrath:

Ezekiel 36:8 Prophesy over the hills and valleys of Israel: You Land of Israel, grow your trees and yield fruit, for My people, as their homecoming is near.

Isaiah 29:17 In a very short time Lebanon will return to garden land.

Amos 9:13 A time is coming, says the Lord, when the Land will be bountiful again.

Zechariah 8:11-12 The Lord says: I do not feel the same towards the remnant of this people as I did in former days. Now, they will sow in safety, the vine will yield its fruit and the soil it’s produce, for the sky will give rain in due season.

Jeremiah 33:12-13 In the Land, there will once more be heard sounds of joy and gladness. My people will offer praise and thanksgiving in the House of the Lord. In this place and in all the towns, now ruined and devoid of both people and animals, there will once more be flocks of sheep and people, in all of the Land of Israel.

Joel 2:21-24 Earth: fear not, but rejoice and be glad, for the pastures will be green and the trees will grow, the fig and vine will bear harvest. People of Zion, rejoice, the Lord provides food by sending rain in season, as in days of old. The threshing floors will be heaped with grain and the vats will overflow with new wine.

Isaiah 35:6b-7 Water will spring up in the desert, the thirsty Land will bubble with water and the mirage will become a lake. Grass will grow over all the country.

Isaiah 66:12-14 The Lord says: I shall make prosperity flow over My people like a river, I shall comfort them and they will flourish like the grass in springtime. The Lord will make His power known among His servants and His fury to His enemies.

2 Thessalonians 1:8-10 On that great Day, the Lord will reveal His glory among His own and His fiery punishment on those who refuse to acknowledge Him.

Isaiah 49:19 The Lord did indeed make His Land waste and desolate. He razed it flat, but now the Land is too small for all its inhabitants. Those who caused its ruin are now far away.

Psalm 24:3 Lord: restore now what has been completely ruined, all the destruction that the enemy has brought upon Your sanctuary.

Isaiah 44:3a I shall pour down rain on the thirsty Land, showers onto the dry ground.

Isaiah 51:3 The Lord has comforted Zion, He will look with compassion on all her ruined houses. The desert will become like Eden, like the garden of the Lord.

Jeremiah 30:18 I shall restore the fortunes of Jacob’s clans, every city and house will be rebuilt.

Isaiah 32:15-20 When the Spirit from on high is lavished upon us, then the desert will become a garden land. There will be justice and peace as My people live in their settled and secure country.

Isaiah 30:23-25 On that Day, the Lord will provide rain for the seed that you sow and the soil will produce heavy crops. Your livestock will graze in lush pastures.

Psalm 126:1-5 When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like people renewed in health. Our mouths were full of laughter and we sang for joy! The nations said: The Lord has done great things for them and we rejoiced.

Restore us now, Lord, let streams flow in the desert. Those who sow in tears, will reap with songs of joy, coming home with a bountiful harvest.

Proverbs 10:24-25 What the wicked dread will overtake them, what the righteous desire, will be granted. When the whirlwind has swept past, the wicked will be gone, but the righteous will be established forever.

Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

The rest of the world will also be badly affected, but most people will survive. They will form a One World Govt. All as the Prophetic Word says. 

Going to heaven is not an option, nowhere does the Bible say that. All the prophesies about the Millennium are clear, it is on earth. 

On 8/16/2017 at 9:03 PM, brakelite said:

Shalom....

I don't see things quite that way. The Bible abounds with promises that the people of Israel will be saved. They are called “the people of Yahuwah” and “His holy nation.” Many times the promise is given that, even though they are scattered throughout the whole world, they would be gathered again, returned to their own land, and dwell there forever (Jeremiah 30:3).

Shalom, brakelite.

Okay, let's go through this on each point. First of all, "YHWH" would probably NOT be pronounced "Yahuwah." The vav (waw) MAY be used as a vowel ("ow" pronounced "owe" or "uw" pronounced "oo" as in "moon") OR it may be used as the consonant with vowel pointing of its own ("w-" or "v-"), but NOT BOTH. So, possible pronunciation candidates would be "Yahuwh" or "Yahowh" or "Yahweh" or "Yahveh," and since His Name is a form of the Hebrew verb meaning "to exist," hence, "I AM," it would probably be one of the first two.

Some of the names of people that contain His Name are pronounced with either simply the "Yah" abbreviation or "Yahuw," such as "Matittyahu" ("Matthew"), "Yirmeyahu" ("Jeremiah"), or "Eliyahu" ("Elijah"), I believe it would probably be pronounced the first way. There are rules to the Hebrew language that need to be followed.

Now, you are quoting from Yirmeyahu's prophecy, so let's drop the other shoe:

Jeremiah 25:1-12
1 The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, that was the first year of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon;
2 The which Jeremiah the prophet spake unto all the people of Judah, and to all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying,
3 From the thirteenth year of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, even unto this day, that is the three and twentieth year, the word of the LORD (YHWH) hath come unto me, and I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but ye have not hearkened.
4 And the LORD hath sent unto you all his servants the prophets, rising early and sending them; but ye have not hearkened, nor inclined your ear to hear.
5 They said, Turn ye again now every one from his evil way, and from the evil of your doings, and dwell in the land that the LORD hath given unto you and to your fathers for ever and ever:
6 And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no hurt.
7 Yet ye have not hearkened unto me, saith the LORD; that ye might provoke me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt.
8 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Because ye have not heard my words,
9 Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the LORD, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.
10 Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle.
11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.
12 And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.
KJV

There are STAGES in which this prophecy will be performed. If YHWH literally brought the children of Israel back after the 70 years, then why wouldn't He literally bring them back after the 70 x 7 years prophesied to Daniel?

Today, all over the world, there are millions of Jews who still believe that Yahuwah's promises will be fulfilled through them. They claim to be both the "Israel of Yahuwah" and the "Israel according to the flesh." And many Christian churches second this notion. They are under the delusion that the promises Yahuwah made thousands of years ago can only be fulfilled by literal Israel today. As we go through this study we will see how our Father in heaven views it through His word.

You DO know there will be a literal resurrection, don't you? Just to establish this fact, we read Iyov's words:

Job 19:23-27
23 Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
24 That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins (sinews) be consumed within me.
KJV

Iyov knew that he was given that promise from YHWH. He was to be resurrected IN HIS FLESH and see God FOR HIMSELF. He would not be some "spirit creature" nor would he only be represented as "Yirmeyahu" by someone else, like a son or grandson.

If Iyov knew that promise from YHWH would be fulfilled literally, why should we suppose that YHWH won't also fulfill His promise made to Avraham, Yitschaq, and Ya`aqov/Isra'el literally?

Genesis 15:18-21
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.
KJV

Genesis 17:1-21
1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.
15 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.
16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
18 And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!
19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
KJV

Genesis 25:29-34
29 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
30 And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom (Red).
31 And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
32 And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.
KJV

Genesis 27:26-29
26 And his father Isaac said unto him, Come near now, and kiss me, my son.
27 And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the Lord hath blessed:
28 Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine:
29 Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.
KJV

Genesis 32:1-2, 9-13, 22-30
1 And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.
2 And when Jacob saw them, he said, This is God's host: and he called the name of that place Mahanaim.
9 And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee:
10 I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast shewed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands.
11 Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, and the mother with the children.
12 And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.
13 And he lodged there that same night; and took of that which came to his hand a present for Esau his brother;
22 And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok.
23 And he took them, and sent them over the brook, and sent over that he had.
24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince (hero; winner) hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
KJV

The Jewish Nation Not True Israel 

1. In the Hebrew culture, every name had a deeper meaning. What does the name 'Israel' mean?

“Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with Elohim and with men, and hast prevailed.” Genesis 32:28.

Answer: Jacob had deceived his father to obtain the blessing that was due Esau. Upon discovering the deception of Jacob, Esau said, “Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing.” Genesis 27:36. The name Jacob meant “deceiver,” and he lived up to the name. The new name that he received from the angel, Israel, meant “overcomer.” The angel said that Jacob had “. . . power with Elohim and with men, and hast prevailed.” Verse 28. Jacob had overcome his sins, he was now a new creature, able to serve Yahuwah. Therefore, the name Israel was given to a man who overcame sin in his life.

The name of Ya`aqov ("Jacob") means "heel-grabber." And, you're going to listen to a loser like Esav (Esau)?! Esav GAVE AWAY his birthright! He SOLD it for some tomato soup because he thought he would die without it! That ALIENATED God! Esav had deluded his father to think that he was God's choice for the firstborn, but God ALLOWED Ya`aqov to receive the blessing instead of Esav, since it was Ya`aqov who owned the birthright!

OT:6117 aaqaV (aw-kav'); a primitive root; properly, to swell out or up; used only as denominative from OT:6119, to seize by the heel; figuratively, to circumvent (as if tripping up the heels); also to restrain (as if holding by the heel):
KJV - take by the heel, stay, supplant, x utterly.

OT:3290 Ya`aqoV (yah-ak-obe'); from OT:6117; heel-catcher (i.e. supplanter); Jaakob, the Israelitish patriarch:
KJV - Jacob.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Ya`aqov's nature from birth was to let someone else do the work. He had latched onto Esav's heel and followed him out of the birth canal! It does NOT mean "deceiver."

A deceiver is one of three OTHER words:

OT:8591 taa`a` (taw-ah'); a primitive root; to cheat; by analogy, to maltreat:
KJV - deceive, misuse.

OT:7686 shaagaah (shaw-gaw'); a primitive root; to stray (causatively, mislead), usually (figuratively) to mistake, especially (morally) to transgress; by extension (through the idea of intoxication) to reel, (figuratively) be enraptured:
KJV - (cause to) go astray, deceive, err, be ravished, sin through ignorance, (let, make to) wander.

OT:5230 naakal (naw-kal'); a prim root; to defraud, i.e. act treacherously:
KJV - beguile, conspire, deceiver, deal subtilly.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

The English word "supplant" means:

sup·plant
[suh-plant, -plahnt]
VERB (USED WITH OBJECT)
to take the place of (another), as through force, scheming, strategy, or the like.
to replace (one thing) by something else.
Source: Dictionary.com

So, can you see the difference? It means "to REPLACE"; "to TAKE THE PLACE OF" another person! A SUBSTITUTE! Someone has deceived YOU, if you think the name means "deceiver!"

2. How many of Israel will to be saved? 

“And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away wickedness from Jacob.” Romans 11:26.

Answer: All Israel.

The promises of Scripture have led many to suppose that the time would come when the literal descendants of Abraham -the members of the Jewish race- would return to Palestine, regain their nationhood, accept Yahushua as their Saviour, and become Yahuwah’s dispensers of light and truth to the nations.

And, rightly so! They ARE the descendants of Avraham! the children of Israel, consisting mostly of the children of Y'hudah (Judah), the Jews! They DID return to the Land of Israel (NOT "the land of the Philistines" called "Palestine" by the Romans), regaining their nationhood in 1948, and they are CURRENTLY accepting Yeshua` as their Savior one by one through the work and messages of the Messianic Jews and Jews for Jesus and other such missionary efforts, and they SHALL become YHWH'S dispensers of light and truth to the nations! Ever hear of those who "were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel?"

Yeshua` IS the Deliverer (the Savior; the Rescuer) who came out of Tsiyown, and He SHALL turn away the wickedness from Ya`aqov, both now individually, and in the future after His Coming collectively!

Because of this interpretation the present Zionist movement, sponsored by Jews in many lands, which aims to restore the Jewish nation in Palestine, has been heralded by many religionist as a sign that these predictions are about to be fulfilled.

But neither the Zionist movement nor the establishment of the modern nation of “Israel” in Palestine has any connection with these Biblical prophecies concerning the restoration of Israel. Neither of these can have any part in establishing Yahuwah’s kingdom upon earth. They have not even been mentioned in Scripture. They have no standing whatsoever in Yahuwah’s scheme of things. Why? Because the literal Jewish race does not constitute Israel.

It was NOT accomplished by the Zionist movement; it was performed by GOD HIMSELF! Ever hear any of the accounts of the Arab-Israeli War of 1948? (Check it out here: Office of the Historian. Five against one?) Ever hear any of the accounts of the Six-Day War? (Check it out here: youtube account of God's involvement of the Six Day War and Six-Day War and Six Days of Miracles.) That was ALL of YHWH GOD! You are simply wrong.

3. What does it mean that all Israel shall be saved?

Answer: The immediate context of Romans 11:26 is verse 25. When "the fullness of the Gentiles be come in," then "all Israel will be saved." Or, to be exact, "And so all Israel will be saved." In other words, the coming in of the fullness or total number of the Gentiles results in "all Israel" being saved. Paul's idea seems to be that when all Gentiles (totally, throughout history) have come in, that is, have been grafted into the Vine, they, uniting with all Jews who have become believers, will form the total number of the saved.

And yet, "all Israel" is CONTRASTED with "the Gentiles" throughout Romans 11! Again, you're wrong. The "all Israel" refers to Israel present, future, and PAST! It has to do with the RESURRECTION found in verse 15!

Romans 11:11-32
11 “In that case, I say, isn’t it that they have stumbled with the result that they have permanently fallen away?” Heaven forbid! Quite the contrary, it is by means of their stumbling that the deliverance has come to the Gentiles, in order to provoke them to jealousy.  12 Moreover, if their stumbling is bringing riches to the world — that is, if Isra’el’s being placed temporarily in a condition less favored than that of the Gentiles is bringing riches to the latter — how much greater riches will Isra’el in its fullness bring them! 

13 However, to those of you who are Gentiles I say this: since I myself am an emissary sent to the Gentiles, I make known the importance of my work 14 in the hope that somehow I may provoke some of my own people to jealousy and save some of them! 15 For if their casting Yeshua aside means reconciliation for the world, what will their accepting him mean? It will be life from the dead! 

16 Now if the hallah (challah, a broken-off portion of bread) offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole loaf. And if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you — a wild olive (that is, an oleander branch) — were grafted in among them and have become equal sharers in the rich root of the olive tree, 18 then don’t boast as if you were better than the branches! However, if you do boast, remember that you are not supporting the root, the root is supporting you. 19 So you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 True, but so what? They were broken off because of their lack of trust. However, you keep your place only because of your trust. So don’t be arrogant; on the contrary, be terrified! 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, he certainly won’t spare you! 22 So take a good look at God’s kindness and his severity: on the one hand, severity toward those who fell off; but, on the other hand, God’s kindness toward you — provided you maintain yourself in that kindness! Otherwise, you too will be cut off! 23 Moreover, the others, if they do not persist in their lack of trust, will be grafted in; because God is able to graft them back in. 24 For if you were cut out of what is by nature a wild olive tree (an oleander bush) and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these natural branches be grafted back into their own olive tree! (NO question mark!) 

25 For, brothers, I want you to understand this truth which God formerly concealed but has now revealed, so that you won’t imagine you know more than you actually do. It is that stoniness, to a degree, has come upon Isra’el, until the Gentile world enters in its fullness; 26 and that it is in this way that all Isra’el will be saved. As the Tanakh says,

“Out of Tziyon will come the Redeemer;
he will turn away ungodliness from Ya‘akov 
27 and this will be my covenant with them, . . . 
when I take away their sins.”

28 With respect to the Good News they are hated for your sake. BUT with respect to being chosen they are loved for the Patriarchs’ (Avraham's, Yitschaq's, and Israel's) sake, 29 for God’s free gifts and his calling are irrevocable. 30 Just as you yourselves were disobedient to God before but have received mercy now because of Isra’el’s disobedience; 31 so also Isra’el has been disobedient now, so that by your showing them the same mercy that God has shown you, they too may now receive God’s mercy. 32 For God has shut up all mankind together in disobedience, in order that he might show mercy to all. 
CJB

Thus, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to evangelize the children of Israel to receive God's mercy!

4. Who are being identified as the true Israel of Yahuwah?

“For in the Anointed Yahushua neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of Yahuwah.” Galatians 6:15,16.

Context, context, context!

Galatians 6:12-17
12 It is those who want to look good outwardly who are trying to get you to be circumcised. The only reason they are doing it is to escape persecution for preaching about the Messiah’s execution-stake.  13 For even those who are getting circumcised don’t observe the Torah. On the contrary, they want you to get circumcised so that they can boast of having gained your adherence.  14 But as for me, Heaven forbid that I should boast about anything except the execution-stake of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah! Through him, as far as I am concerned, the world has been put to death on the stake; and through him, as far as the world is concerned, I have been put to death on the stake. 

15 For neither being circumcised nor being uncircumcised matters; what matters is being a new creation.  16 And as many as order their lives by this rule, shalom (peace) upon them and mercy, and upon the Isra’el of God! 

17 From now on, I don’t want anyone to give me any more tsuris (trouble), because I have scars on my body to prove that I belong to Yeshua! 
CJB

5. How does Apostle Paul identify the true “Israel of Yahuwah” and the “Israel according to the flesh”?

“For I could wish that myself were accursed from the Anointed for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of Yahuwah, and the promises. . . Not as though the word of Yahuwah hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of Yahuwah: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.” Romans 9:3,4, 6-8.

Answer: An Israelite in Yahuwah’s sense of the term is one who accepts His plan of salvation through Yahushua, the Anointed, and who follows Yahuwah fully. A true Israelite may have been born of Jewish parents, or he may have had Gentile parents. It is not his natural or first birth that makes him an Israelite. It is the new or second birth. Israelites are twice-born men and women, who have accepted the grace of Yahuwah, and who recognize Yahushua as their Redeemer from sin and death. To simplify it, Apostle Paul is saying that being a literal Jew is not a passport into the family of Yahuwah. Yahuwah’s family consists of the children of promise. The true Israel of Yahuwah are true followers of Yahushua.

Sorry, but the contrast in Romans 9 is between "the children of the promise," that is, the children of Yitschaq (Isaac) - God's promise of a son through Sarah, and "the children of the flesh," that is, the children of Yishma'el (Ishmael) - man's attempt to produce an heir through Hagar. And, why did you intentionally leave out verses 5 and 9? Furthermore, that difference is extended in verses 10-13 to "the children of Ya`aqov/Israel" and "the children of Esav (Esau)." I find it interesting - and disturbing - that you arrest these verses to say what you want them to say!

Where The Jews Failed 

6. In Yahushua's day, the majority of the Jews claimed to be the children of Abraham and heirs to the promises of Yahuwah based on lineage. But what was Yahushua’s response to their claims? 

John 8:39-47 "They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Yahushua saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of Yahuwah: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even Yahuwah. Yahushua said unto them, If Yahuwah were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from Yahuwah; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of Yahuwah heareth Yahuwah's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of Yahuwah."

Answer: Yahushua told them: "Ye are of your father the devil."

First of all, it was NOT "the majority of the Jews." It was the majority of the LEADERSHIP of the Jews, that is, the elders of the tribe of Y'hudah (Judah) who were "sons of Bliya`al (Belial)" - "sons of failure-to-ascend." The majority of the Jews, that is, the children of Y'hudah, were SHEEP that followed their leadership's decisions. Yeshua` was NOT talking to all the Jews, let alone all the children of Israel; He was talking to the LEADERSHIP of the Jews, who were these "sons of Bliya`al!" He WEPT for their children and what they would suffer because of these leaders' decisions!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

So, be careful not to make vague generalities that do not apply!

7. Where does Yahuwah write His law with reference to spiritual Israel?

“Behold, the days come, saith Yahuwah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith Yahuwah: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith Yahuwah, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their Eloah, and they shall be my people.” Jeremiah 31:31-33.

This is not a "spiritual Israel"; it is still a new covenant "WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL (the children of Israel), AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH (the children of Y'hudah or the Jews)!" Quit trying to re-write the Scriptures to your liking!

8. What was a symbol Yahuwah used about the Jewish nation? 

“Yahuwah called thy name, A green olive tree, fair, and of goodly fruit: with the noise of a great tumult he hath kindled fire upon it, and the branches of it are broken.” Jeremiah 11:16.

Answer: The Jewish nation - or literal Israel - is likened to a cultivated olive tree.

I'll give you the symbolism of the olive tree, but the reference in Jeremiah 11:16 is to the captivity in Babylon which Yirmeyahu witnessed and is now long over.

9. How can Gentiles become spiritual Israelites? 

“And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if Yahuwah spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of Yahuwah: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for Yahuwah is able to graff them in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away wickedness from Jacob” Roman 11:17-26.

Answer: Jeremiah and Paul likened the Jewish nation to a cultivated olive tree and Paul likens the Gentiles to a wild olive tree. The branches that were broken off were the Jews who rejected Yahushua. They were a part of the nation of Israel, but because of unbelief no longer belonged to Yahuwah. But Yahushua, the stock and root of the house of Israel, remained. New branches could be grafted into Yahuwah’s nation. Here the Gentiles were to have their chance. They could take the place of those who had fallen out. They were warned not to boast for they could fall from grace too, if they stopped trusting in Yahushua. To remain a part of the cultivated olive tree they were to continue in faith. One’s natural birth does not count. Paul concludes by saying, “And so all Israel will be saved.” This is so true, for Israel is made up of those whose sins Yahushua has taken away.

The thing you've got to understand is that an olive branch produces olives, but an oleaster branch (a "wild olive" branch) produces no edible fruit! Wikipedia gives us this information about the "wild olive":

Olea oleaster, the wild-olive, has been considered by various botanists a valid species and a subspecies[1] of the cultivated olive tree, Olea europea, which is a tree of multiple origins[2] that was domesticated, it now appears, at various places during the fourth and third millennia BCE, in selections drawn from varying local populations.[3] The wild-olive (Ancient Greek kotinos),[4] which ancient Greeks distinguished from the cultivated olive tree (Ancient Greek ἐλάα), was used to fashion the olive wreath awarded victors at the ancient Olympic games.[5] The ancient[6] and sacred wild-olive tree of Olympia stood near the Temple of Zeus, patron of the games.

Today, as a result of natural hybridization and the very ancient domestication and extensive cultivation of the olive throughout the Mediterranean Basin, wild-looking feral forms of olive, called "oleasters", constitute a complex of populations, potentially ranging from feral forms to the wild-olive.[7] The wild-olive is a tree of the maquis shrubland, itself in part the result of the long presence of mankind.

The drought-tolerant sclerophyllous tree is believed to have originated in the eastern Mediterranean Basin.[8] It still provides the hardy and disease-resistant rootstock on which cultivated olive varieties are grafted.

Greek myth and legend[edit]

Literate Greeks recalled that the culture hero Aristaeus, originator of the arts of bee-keeping, cheese-making and other innovations of the most distant past, was he who "first pressed the fruit of the oily wild-olive."[9]

In Odyssey Book V, when shipwrecked Odysseus has been cast ashore, he finds a wild-olive that has grown together with a bearing one— inosculated, an arborist would say— on the Scherian seashore, where he crawled

Beneath two bushy olives sprung from the same root

one olive wild, the other well-bred stock
No sodden gusty winds could ever pierce them...

So dense they grew together, tangling side by side.[10]

In the fourth century BCE Theophrastus, the most prominent pupil of Aristotle, wrote an Enquiry into Plants that stands at the head of the literary tradition of botany. Modern botanists often struggle to identify the plants named and described by Theophrastus, and modern naming conventions often make spurious links. An example is the modern genus Cotinus, which, though named after the ancient Greek kotinos, is unrelated to the wild-olive.

Theophrastus noted the kinship of wild-olive with the cultivated olive,[11] but his correspondents informed him that no amount of pruning and transplanting could transform kotinos into olea.[12] Through lack of cultivation, he knew, some cultivated forms of olive, pear or fig might run wild, but in the "rare" case where wild-olive was spontaneously transformed to a fruit-bearing one, it was to be classed among portents.[13] He noted that wild kinds, such as wild pears and the wild-olive tended to bear more fruits than cultivated trees, though of inferior quality,[14] but that if a wild-olive was topped it might bear a larger quantity of its inedible fruits. He noted that the leaf-buds[15] were opposite.

Timber of the wild-olive was valued: it was proof against decay, and was not affected by shipworm, which was a valuable feature in shipbuilding. It also provided stout handles for carpenters' tools.[16]

Therefore, it was prized for its hardy wood for tools, its oil that could be pressed from its berries, and was used in ancient Greek and Roman cultures for the victor's crown, the laurel wreath.

His Spirit Visits The Gentiles

10. The Gentiles are given a wonderful promise, what is it?

“Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of Yahuwh; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Yeshua`, the Anointed, himself being the chief corner stone.” Ephesians 2:19, 20.

Answer: Gentiles cannot be saved unless they become Israelites through the new birth. Once without Yahuwh and with no hope, through the blood of Yeshua` they are brought into the household of Yahuwh. They are then part of Yahuwh’s family. They have become one in Yeshua`.

If you only believed what you were saying! You become "fellow citizens WITH THE SAINTS!" Who are these "saints?" They are the "HOLY ONES of Israel!" "To be holy" doesn't mean "to be righteous." "To be holy" means "to be singled out!" People often make the mistake thinking that "holiness" means "righteousness." It doesn't. While it involves righteousness to be singled out like the perfectly righteous YHWH is singled out, that's not it's first meaning.

Leviticus 11:41
44 For I am ADONAI your God; therefore, consecrate yourselves and be holy (Hebrew: qdowshiym), for I am holy (Hebrew: qaadowsh); and do not defile yourselves with any kind of swarming creature that moves along the ground.
CJB

The words here are not adjectives but nouns. "Be holy-ones, for I am the Holy-One."

OT:6918 qaadowsh (kaw-doshe'); or qaadosh (kaw-doshe'); from OT:6942; sacred (ceremonially or morally); (as noun) God (by eminence), an angel, a saint, a sanctuary:
KJV - holy (One), saint.

And, it is so translated into the Greek:

1 Peter 1:13-16
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy (Greek: hagioi); for I am holy (Greek: hagios).
KJV

NT:40 hagios (hag'-ee-os); from hagos (an awful [awesome] thing) [compare NT:53, NT:2282]; sacred (physically, pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially, consecrated):
KJV - (most) holy (one, thing), saint.

Therefore, an "Israelite" is not just a label or a title that has no connection to the FAMILY of Avraham, Yitschaq, and Ya`aqov/Yisra'el; you are adopted INTO THE FAMILY! BUT, the FAMILY must still exist in order for you to be joined to it!

11. Who is a true Jew?

“For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of Yahuwh.” Romans 2:28, 29.

Context, context, CONTEXT! What follows immediately after these verses?

Romans 3:1-4
1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles (words) of God.
3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
KJV

Don't think for a moment that there's no advantage to being a member of the tribe of Yhudah! (And the word "Jew" here does NOT mean any "son of Israel.")

12. Through whom do we receive the promise of Yahuwh? 

“And if ye be the Anointed's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Galatians 3:29.

Throughout his ministry Isaiah bore a plain testimony concerning [Yahuwh's] purpose for the heathen. Other prophets had made mention of the divine plan, but their language was not always understood. To Isaiah it was given to make very plain to Judah the truth that among the Israel of [Yahuwh] were to be numbered many who were not descendants of Abraham after the flesh. This teaching was not in harmony with the theology of his age, yet he fearlessly proclaimed the messages given him of [Yahuwh] and brought hope to many a longing heart reaching out after the spiritual blessings promised to the seed of Abraham.

Why is Galatians 3:29 true? Because Yeshua` HIMSELF is "Avraham's seed and is an heir according to God's Promise that Sarah would have a son!"

Remember:

Romans 8:15-23
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ (the Messiah); if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
KJV

You CAN'T divorce the fact that [we become "children of Israel" through the Messiah] from the fact that [the Messiah is and always will be a son of Israel.]

“These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore Yahuwh is not ashamed to be called their Elohiym: for he hath prepared for them a city.” Hebrews 11:13-16.

Yahuwh gave to Abraham a view of this immortal inheritance, and with this hope he was content. "By faith he sojourned in the Land of Promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: for he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is Yahuwh. Hebrews 11:9, 10.

Of the posterity of Abraham it is written, 'These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.' Verse 13. We must dwell as pilgrims and strangers here if we would gain 'a better country, that is, an heavenly.' Verse 16. Those who are children of Abraham will be seeking the city which he looked for, 'whose builder and maker is [Yahuwh].

Wow. No, NOT "in the sky!" Sorry, but the city, is NOT staying in "epouranos," that is, "above the sky" (or "outer space"), where it is under construction (Heb. 12:22), NOR will it stay in "ouranos," that is, "the sky," where the birds fly and the clouds billow. It LANDS on the New Earth after the Millennium! (Rev. 21:1-4, 9-14.) Notice that these verses you've quoted do NOT say that they got there when they died!

The phrase "on the earth" was translated from the Greek phrase "epi tees gees." (I use a single "e" for an epsilon and a double "ee" for an eta.) It simply means "upon the land," and one should ONLY use "earth" when one is using it in one of its more mundane meanings of "dirt" or "ground," for that is what the Greek word "gee" means. It SELDOM means the entire planet and usually then only with qualifiers, such as "all!"

And, Avraham did indeed look for "a city that has foundations whose builder and maker is YHWH." HOWEVER, the Hebrew word for "foundation" is "eden," (which is NOT the same as the "Garden of `Eden"), and it was during the promise in Genesis 15 that we have the first instance of the title "Adonay," often written "Adonai."

OT:134 'eden (eh'-den); from the same as OT:113 (in the sense of strength); a basis (of a building, a column, etc.):
KJV - foundation, socket.

OT:113 'adown (aw-done'); or (shortened) 'adon (aw-done'); from an unused root (meaning to rule); sovereign, i.e. controller (human or divine):
KJV - lord, master, owner. Compare also names beginning with "Adoni-".

OT:136 'Adonay (ad-o-noy'); an emphatic form of OT:113; the Lord (used as a proper name of God only):
KJV - (my) Lord.

So, this was when Avraham was looking for a city that had "foundations" when He called YHWH his "Foundation-Layer," his "Founder." Avraham was indeed a Bedouin - a nomadic rancher who moved his cattle, sheep and other livestock with the necessity for pasture. He and his family would move their "tabernacles" - their tents (Greek: skeenais), a HUGE mobile home, btw, as needed. He was seeking a PERMANENT place, a place where he and his family could set down their roots!

On 8/17/2017 at 2:56 AM, brakelite said:

Revelation 15:2 
 ‭And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, ‭and‭ over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.‭ 

Revelation 4:6 
 ‭And before the throne ‭there was‭ a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, ‭were‭ four beasts full of eyes before and behind.‭ 

Shalom, again, brakelite.

God does NOT lose at all! Don't think of God "having to recreate the earth because the earth was ruined completely." That's not right. Instead, God takes this earth and RE-CREATES it as it was before the Flood of Noach's time as an improvement to this current earth over which His Son, Yeshua` the Messiah has already reigned as King for His first 1,000 years!

WE don't "return to the earth at the end of the 1000 years in the city...like a bride adorned for her husband." We never left! We "rule and reign with Him a thousand years!" It's not WE who are "like a bride adorned for her husband"; it is the CITY ITSELF that is "like a bride adorned for her husband." In Revelation 21:2, we read...

Revelation 21:2
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
KJV

Later, we read...

Revelation 21:9-13
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
KJV

In verse 2, it is simply a simile; that is, it uses the words "like" or "AS" to link the picture with the object.

In verse 9, the messenger is using a metaphor; that is he is directly calling the object the picture. He didn't show Yochanan (John) a group of people; he showed him the physical CITY!

And, I just don't understand why you have to call the New Jerusalem, "the future capital [city] of the universe." It's just the future capital city of the New Earth. God is not going to re-create the whole universe! What a COLOSSAL WASTE OF HIS TIME THAT would be! The ONLY place that He will have to re-create is the surface of this earth and its atmosphere.

He USES the "death" of stars to paint the skies! He USES the bright atomic explosions on the surface of other suns to light up the stars in our sky! That's not part of the death He destroys for us; that's just part of His Creation!