Steve_K

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Since we know the Shriners are a part of the Masons, is it right to contribute to Shriner's Hospitals?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

34 minutes ago, Steve_K said:

Since we know the Shriners are a part of the Masons, is it right to contribute to Shriner's Hospitals?

I wouldn't give them money there are so many other places to donate money who minister to the Lord or other organisation who are not so blatant with whom they serve,the Shriners belong to the group of our common enemy don't you think ?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Steve_K said:

Yes, if God leads you to. 

There are other clinics and hospitals that are Christian in the usa and around the world with a lot better reputation, Christ-like,

if you can find them,   and they have much better results,

so there are options.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Do any of you know anybody who is a Mason? I do. They all seem like good people to me and a few of them helped my family out in a time of need.  I have no issues with them. To refer to them as "our common enemy"  to me seems uncalled for and shows a lack of understanding. Especially since I am so familiar with who they are and what they do due to family members being a part of them. 

• Loved it! 1

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Do any of you know anybody who is a Mason? I do. They all seem like good people to me and a few of them helped my family out in a time of need.  I have no issues with them. To refer to them as "our common enemy"  to me seems uncalled for and shows a lack of understanding. Especially since I am so familiar with who they are and what they do due to family members being a part of them. 

You do realize they promote, preach, and practice a false gospel, right ?  

i.e. they put on a good show, looking good,  but not for Christ, and not in Christ.

If you give money directly to the Hospital, than you are helping the children. The Florida Hospital here in Florida is a major Seventh Day Adventist hospital chain here, but if you donate directly to the hospital, you are helping the hospital and not the SDA church.

• Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

You do realize they promote, preach, and practice a false gospel, right ?  

They don't preach any gospel. They are not a church or a religion. They also do not go around recruiting members. If you wish to join you go to them. 

I am not saying "Hey go be a Mason and God is okay with that."  Because that is something someone should seek prayer  and God's guidance about. But I do not like untrue statements being made against anyone or any group. 

• Loved it! 1

28 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

They don't preach any gospel. They are not a church or a religion. They also do not go around recruiting members. If you wish to join you go to them. 

I am not saying "Hey go be a Mason and God is okay with that."  Because that is something someone should seek prayer  and God's guidance about. But I do not like untrue statements being made against anyone or any group. 

Then learn the truth.  You have dangerous beliefs, opposed to the Bible, if you accept the organization....

https://www.gotquestions.org/free-masonry.html

"

Question: "What is Free Masonry and what do Free Masons believe?"

Answer: Freemasonry, Eastern Star, and other similar "secret" organizations appear to be harmless fellowship gatherings. Many of them appear to promote belief in God. However, upon closer examination, we find that the only belief requirement is not that one must believe in the True and Living God, but rather, that one must believe in the existence of a “Supreme Being”, which includes the “gods” of Islam, Hinduism, or any other world religion. The unbiblical and anti-Christian beliefs and practices of this organization are partially hidden beneath an outward appearance of a supposed compatibility with the Christian faith."

"Mason’s View: The Bible is only one of several “Volume(s) of Sacred Law,” all of which are deemed to be equally important in Freemasonry. The Bible is an important book, only as far as those members who claim to be Christians are concerned, just as the Koran is important to Muslims. The Bible is not considered to be the exclusive Word of God, nor is it considered to be God’s sole revelation of himself to humankind; but only one of many religious sourcebooks. It is a good guide for morality. The Bible is used primarily as a symbol of God’s will, which can also be captured in other sacred texts, like the Koran or Rig Vedas."

"Mason’s View: There is no exclusivity in Jesus Christ or the Triune God who is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; therefore there is no doctrine of the deity of Jesus Christ. It is deemed to be un-Masonic to invoke the name of Jesus when praying, or mention His name in the Lodge. Suggesting that Jesus is the only way to God contradicts the principle of tolerance. The name of Jesus has been omitted from biblical verses that are used in Masonic rituals. Jesus is on the same level as other religious leaders."

"Mason’s View: Through symbols and emblems, Masons teach that man is not sinful, "

"When a Christian takes the oath of Freemasonry, he is swearing to the following doctrines that God has pronounced false and sinful:"

"As you can see, Masonry denies and contradicts the clear teaching of Scripture and numerous issues. Masonry also requires people to engage in activities which the Bible condemns. As a result, a Christian should not be a member of any secret society or organization that has any connection with Freemasonry."

• Loved it! 1

25 minutes ago, Yowm said:

If you are not a Mason, what did God show you to not join?

I was given the opportunity to join Women's branch of the Masons(I forgot the name) since women are not allowed to join the Mason order. I did not join because the requirement is that you must swear an oath. Something that I do not feel comfortable with  doing. I also did not have an interesting in becoming a member.  I am by no means saying that Christians should join the Masons. But to declare them our enemy and to make them out as something evil is uncalled for and simply not true. That is all. 

• Loved it! 1

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Then learn the truth.  You have dangerous beliefs, opposed to the Bible, if you accept the organization....

As always no one on this site is ever willing to learn from anyone else. Instead of learning from someone who has had first hand knowledge, they go look up something on the net that goes along with what they are saying.  The Masons are not a church or a religion. 

• Loved it! 1