• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

23 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Looks like there are going to be some really big crowds flooding into Oregon and crossing over idaho! Theres going to be a big shindig over this. 

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2017/may/24/oregon-expecting-big-crowds-for-solar-eclipse

OH blue eyed jewel.   I love you!!!   You be blessed and praise the Lord.

26 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

OH blue eyed jewel.   I love you!!!   You be blessed and praise the Lord.

Awe! God bless you brother!  Praise the LORD who is worthy of all honor and praise!! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

On 7/31/2017 at 8:59 PM, Neighbor said:

BE PREPARED- the areas of the total eclipse will literally be overrun with visitors.  Locals will find themselves without fuel food water and even toilet supplies if their communities have not properly prepared!

Murphy North Carolina  did not start preparation until very recently. All they have done is order a few more trash dumpsters and seven port-a-pottys. Yet they have surveyed  for 125 miles around and every place to stay is going to be full.  People are providing lawns barns whatever for  people coming. They expect over 70,000 people in town. It is going to get very very nasty.

Temperature there is expected to drop to 50 degrees and then rise again stressing animals of all sorts.

Locals are being told to hole up and figure it will be a few days before fuel will be available again.

The Murphy population is around 1600. I talked to their Chamber of Commerce person that was making  a presentation to the city Council, she said they had no idea of what was coming until this month when they did their phone survey of the greater area around town  and found out everything has been booked in the way of places to stay.

People are coming from all over the world to see it.

I have cousins and friends that are traveling there  for it. I have come to know of it as I am trying to buy property in that area  and have been there  a few times over the summer.

I just saw this.   A good portion of my family (mom, her husband, sister, BIL, two nephews and a cousin) all live in the Sylva area.  They are expecting 100,000 people in a 3 county area.  They are stocking up for 5 days, though they live on their own little mountain and are pretty self sufficient.  

It is a beautiful area that is for sure.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

I just saw this.   A good portion of my family (mom, her husband, sister, BIL, two nephews and a cousin) all live in the Sylva area.  They are expecting 100,000 people in a 3 county area.  They are stocking up for 5 days, though they live on their own little mountain and are pretty self sufficient.  

It is a beautiful area that is for sure.

I think you all just talked me out of driving up to see the total....   somebody needs to get really good high def pictures and share....   not the same as experience but would be nice to have.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/31/2017 at 5:11 PM, MorningGlory said:

This handy site from Vox will tell you what you will see from your zip code in the U.S.  Looks like I will only see 2/3 of the eclipse from where I am. 

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/7/25/16019892/solar-eclipse-2017-interactive-map

I've never put any significance to astrology or solar events in my life, and I'm not now, but, what are the odds? Being in the path of a 100% solar eclipse, on your 65th birthday, to the hour and scheduled to be Baptized on the afternoon of the 20th? Interesting coincidence from my perspective. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I've never put any significance to astrology or solar events in my life, and I'm not now, but, what are the odds? Being in the path of a 100% solar eclipse, on your 65th birthday, to the hour and scheduled to be Baptized on the afternoon of the 20th? Interesting coincidence from my perspective. 

The last time an eclipse was visible only from the US was during the time of the Revolutionary War, so the odds are pretty low!  :P

Might be a good day to buy a lottery ticket!   :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

72.3% for me.

100 percent chance of rain, though. (This IS NY State)

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

99.7% here in Oregon... could travel 10 miles to see the whole shebang but I will stay put. We've already received several emails at my work warning about the huge influx of people we're expected to get... and the major increase expected in traffic. Thankfully, I'll be working from home.