MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I see that this thread is being comically hijacked by those that are funny but are not adding to the discussion.  Would anyone have any thoughts on why this former  poster feels the need to keep people away from this site?   And have any rebuttals to her extreme hatefulness been posted on RipOff Report?  Does anyone believe the vitrol towards Worthy is justified? 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

20 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I see that this thread is being comically hijacked by those that are funny but are not adding to the discussion.  Would anyone have any thoughts on why this former  poster feels the need to keep people away from this site?   And have any rebuttals to her extreme hatefulness been posted on RipOff Report?Does anyone believe the vitrol towards Worthy is justified? 

Hey MG,

Sorry for partaking in derailing your thread.  What this really boils down to is fairly simple I think, the question we face is exactly where does one draw the line as to what is going to be allowed on the forum.  If this site is hijacked by false teachers, such as the individual from ripoff report, then what purpose does it serve?  There really is no win for our moderators, if they allow someone to come here and post things such as a false gospel that points away from Jesus, or allow someone to claim to be Jesus, then we get complaints from our Christian members.  If things like that were allowed, then all those who hold to sound biblical teaching would surely leave us.  If the moderators don't allow this type of thing, then those who wish to do it leave and go off and post negative reviews about the site elsewhere.  The individual from ripoff report was not banned from this site, the individual was placed on MR so the posts could be reviewed first.

So why does the person feel it necessary to keep people away from this site?   Because that person is playing for the wrong team.  Is there any reason to post a rebuttal?  That is not something I feel led to do myself, as I really don't see what there is to be gained from it.  If someone is bent on creating their own belief system (keep in mind that this person isn't simply interpreting scripture differently, but has outright said that scripture is garbage basically), then there are really no words of mine that are going to change that.  Only the Holy Spirit can open this person to the truth, so I choose to pray for them.

Is their complaint justified?  That is something each individual has to decide for themselves, go and check out the church of StTroy and what they choose to believe and tell me if that is something you want to be part of.  I can speak for myself and say this, if that kind of thing were to start being allowed here, I would not return to this site.  I come here for Christian fellowship and discussion on what the bible says or does not say, I have no interest in reading about how someone else has concocted their own religion outside of God's written word.  The minute someone wants to enlighten me with teachings that are not scriptural, I want no part of it.  I know what I believe and why I believe it, and the only thing that will change that is scripture itself.

There have always been people who come along and stir up trouble, refuse to abide by the TOS, and to steer people away from the truth.  Scripture tells us that not only will this happen, but as time goes on it will continue to increase.  We see that happening more and more.  So it really comes down to where do we as individuals draw the line on what we will tolerate, and for how long.  I wouldn't lose too much sleep over these disgruntled folks, God is bigger than they are, and His children will find their way with His guidance.  For all their hateful rhetoric, the Lord will continue to lead people to this site as long as this site continues to glorify Him, no matter how many nasty reviews they write.

God bless

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I see that this thread is being comically hijacked by those that are funny but are not adding to the discussion.  Would anyone have any thoughts on why this former  poster feels the need to keep people away from this site?   And have any rebuttals to her extreme hatefulness been posted on RipOff Report?Does anyone believe the vitrol towards Worthy is justified? 

Looks like 11 whole pages of it!!  Personally though, I think its up to each individual person to decide if a rebuttal is needed. It is not justified but then whatever the world does to christians (persecution) on a daily basis is not justified before the LORD! Are you are referring to "kate"? The woman is grieving. She is not thinking clearly. Satan attacks us when we are most vulnerable.  He has no mercy. Cant get anymore vulnerable than  losing a child. My position on it is that I think we should just pray for her. Leave the rest up to the LORD.

1 hour ago, wingnut- said:

Hey MG,

Sorry for partaking in derailing your thread.  What this really boils down to is fairly simple I think, the question we face is exactly where does one draw the line as to what is going to be allowed on the forum.  If this site is hijacked by false teachers, such as the individual from ripoff report, then what purpose does it serve?  There really is no win for our moderators, if they allow someone to come here and post things such as a false gospel that points away from Jesus, or allow someone to claim to be Jesus, then we get complaints from our Christian members.  If things like that were allowed, then all those who hold to sound biblical teaching would surely leave us.  If the moderators don't allow this type of thing, then those who wish to do it leave and go off and post negative reviews about the site elsewhere.  The individual from ripoff report was not banned from this site, the individual was placed on MR so the posts could be reviewed first.

So why does the person feel it necessary to keep people away from this site?   Because that person is playing for the wrong team.  Is there any reason to post a rebuttal?  That is not something I feel led to do myself, as I really don't see what there is to be gained from it.  If someone is bent on creating their own belief system (keep in mind that this person isn't simply interpreting scripture differently, but has outright said that scripture is garbage basically), then there are really no words of mine that are going to change that.  Only the Holy Spirit can open this person to the truth, so I choose to pray for them.

Is their complaint justified?  That is something each individual has to decide for themselves, go and check out the church of StTroy and what they choose to believe and tell me if that is something you want to be part of.  I can speak for myself and say this, if that kind of thing were to start being allowed here, I would not return to this site.  I come here for Christian fellowship and discussion on what the bible says or does not say, I have no interest in reading about how someone else has concocted their own religion outside of God's written word.  The minute someone wants to enlighten me with teachings that are not scriptural, I want no part of it.  I know what I believe and why I believe it, and the only thing that will change that is scripture itself.

There have always been people who come along and stir up trouble, refuse to abide by the TOS, and to steer people away from the truth.  Scripture tells us that not only will this happen, but as time goes on it will continue to increase.  We see that happening more and more.  So it really comes down to where do we as individuals draw the line on what we will tolerate, and for how long.  I wouldn't lose too much sleep over these disgruntled folks, God is bigger than they are, and His children will find their way with His guidance.  For all their hateful rhetoric, the Lord will continue to lead people to this site as long as this site continues to glorify Him, no matter how many nasty reviews they write.

God bless

I find nothing to disagree with in what you say, Wingnut.  Other than I DO want to post a rebuttal to the absolute lies I read on that site.  They want a lot of personal info, name, phone number, address, etc. that I am not willing to give them so I may not be able to do as I feel led to do.  I haven't checked out this 'St. Troy' organization yet but I intend to here shortly.  Worthy is right to be heretical teachings off site site and, I'm with you, I would leave if it was accepted here.

29 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Looks like 11 whole pages of it!!  Personally though, I think its up to each individual person to decide if a rebuttal is needed. It is not justified but then whatever the world does to christians (persecution) on a daily basis is not justified before the LORD! Are you are referring to "kate"? The woman is grieving. She is not thinking clearly. Satan attacks us when we are most vulnerable.  He has no mercy. Cant get anymore vulnerable than  losing a child. My position on it is that I think we should just pray for her. Leave the rest up to the LORD.

I didn't realize she had lost a child.  I was thinking of someone different as the poster of those things on RipOff Review.  I haven't posted a rebuttal yet because I don't want to give them all the info they require.  Still kicking this around.  But I agree that we should all pray for her and I will.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I see that this thread is being comically hijacked by those that are funny but are not adding to the discussion.  Would anyone have any thoughts on why this former  poster feels the need to keep people away from this site?   And have any rebuttals to her extreme hatefulness been posted on RipOff Report?  Does anyone believe the vitrol towards Worthy is justified? 

When Oots first started I would say yes. There was a three month time period that I thought about leaving..  just wasn't in the cards for me to leave.

3 hours ago, other one said:

When Oots first started I would say yes. There was a three month time period that I thought about leaving..  just wasn't in the cards for me to leave.

You're not alone in that,OO.  I considered leaving too because I couldn't believe that person was being allowed to say the things he was saying.  But the mods took him to task and seem to have cleaned up his attitude.  I don't know about you but I'm glad I didn't give up where I wanted to be because of someone else's bitterness and disdain for Christianity.  

3 hours ago, Davida said:

Did I miss something? why would you think this was Kate?  who posted on that review site?  I would doubt that, she is a friend of Kwik's as was her daughter.

So I'm not the only one who believes that is someone other than Kate?  I'm relieved.  I didn't want to believe it was her. 

5 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I didn't realize she had lost a child.  I was thinking of someone different as the poster of those things on RipOff Review.  I haven't posted a rebuttal yet because I don't want to give them all the info they require.  Still kicking this around.  But I agree that we should all pray for her and I will.

I was speaking of reviewstream

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Did I miss something? why would you think this was Kate?  who posted on that review site?  I would doubt that, she is a friend of Kwik's as was her daughter.

I was talking about reviewstream.

The reason I am led to believe that is because she put the name :thallasa" on her page to test a suspicion she had. The same kate on this site has the name thallasa on her page. She has since edited her original input on that site as I cant seem to find that comment now .