• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Just another example of the general decay of the country.

There have always been extremist groups - both on the far right and the far left.  The uniqueness of our situation here, however, was that even the most extreme demonstration or rally could be held without violence necessarily breaking out.  Our Constitution guaranteed free speech and (peaceful) freedom of assembly.

It wasn't that many years ago that a neo-Nazi group was allowed to march through predominantly Jewish Skokie, Illinois. A very provocative (deliberately so) and controversial at the time event.  Even the ACLU got involved (defending the neo-Nazi group, somewhat surprisingly).

Yet I recall it being a peaceful march.  I believe there were counter-demonstrators, but no one was hurt or killed.

But that was then; this is now.

There are (and will always be until Jesus returns) opportunistic people of ill-will whose goal in life is to stir up trouble and dissension.  Whether it be Al Sharpton using a police shooting to further his agenda, or a self proclaimed white supremacist using the removal of a statue to promote his - there is no shortage of folks who won't let a 'good crisis go to waste.'

Given our current political climate however, it is likely political prostitutes of all stripes will come out of the woodwork to 'spin' the discussion their way.  More limits on freedom and attacks on the Constitution are almost certain to follow.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just removed 4 more posts from this thread.  Let's stay on topic.  :)

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Given our current political climate however, it is likely political prostitutes of all stripes will come out of the woodwork to 'spin' the discussion their way.  More limits on freedom and attacks on the Constitution are almost certain to follow.

Blessings,

-Ed

Now that I can agree with, we will be kissing goodbye some more freedoms and rights very soon.   I wonder if these people are just stooges being used by those who want to take away our rights or if they are a part of the program. 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

From an outsiders perspective.  Why would you allow a potentially violent protest to erupt as a politician?  Why would you have a protest and counter-protest rally to take place at the same location at the same time?   With two groups of people who have exhibited violence in the past?  Unless you wanted violence to break out.  So I'm really wondering what VA Governor McAuliffe is setting the stage for?  

When I was in Washington DC setting the stage for a Pro-Israel event, the Park Service allowed a counter-protest rally to take place -- but so far from the pro-Israel event the two sides never saw each other.  They did it to avoid any potential situation.  I didn't see this take place in this event.  

I'm wondering -- why?  And what is the hope out of all of this?  And who was set to lose?  Who was set to gain?  Those are the between the lines questions you ask -- then you figure out what is really going on.

18 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Now that I can agree with, we will be kissing goodbye some more freedoms and rights very soon.   I wonder if these people are just stooges being used by those who want to take away our rights or if they are a part of the program. 

It's a trite saying - but true.  The First Amendment isn't in place to protect speech we agree with, but speech we disagree with.

And once we lose THAT, it will be difficult if not impossible to get it back.

Blessings,

-Ed

8 minutes ago, George said:

From an outsiders perspective.  Why would you allow a potentially violent protest to erupt as a politician?  Why would you have a protest and counter-protest rally to take place at the same location at the same time?   With two groups of people who have exhibited violence in the past?  Unless you wanted violence to break out.  So I'm really wondering what VA Governor McAuliffe is setting the stage for?  

When I was in Washington DC setting the stage for a Pro-Israel event, the Park Service allowed a counter-protest rally to take place -- but so far from the pro-Israel event the two sides never saw each other.  They did it to avoid any potential situation.  I didn't see this take place in this event.  

I'm wondering -- why?  And what is the hope out of all of this?  And who was set to lose?  Who was set to gain?  Those are the between the lines questions you ask -- then you figure out what is really going on.

VA governor McAuliffe has - to put it kindly - a checkered past.  For one, he's very much tied to the Clintons.  
So yes - his motives do indeed deserve scrutiny and skepticism is warranted.

The quote I brought up earlier - "Never let a good crisis go to waste" - is attributed to current Chicago mayor (and former Obama adviser) Raum Emmanuel - but could just as easily have been uttered by McAuliffe.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

VA governor McAuliffe has - to put it kindly - a checkered past.  For one, he's very much tied to the Clintons.  
So yes - his motives do indeed deserve scrutiny and skepticism is warranted.

The quote I brought up earlier - "Never let a good crisis go to waste" - is attributed to current Chicago mayor (and former Obama adviser) Raum Emmanuel - but could just as easily have been uttered by McAuliffe.

Blessings,

-Ed

I watched McAulliffe's speec on the news.  He never ONCE condemned the violence from the Antifa thugs, only the other side.  He's a total Leftist tool and, yes, I think it's possible he wanted violence to serve his agenda.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Maybe not. I've heard all kinds of stories including that the white supremacist rally wasn't legal either.

I guess in these days of fake news, it's not what you hear but from whom you hear.

From what I heard on the news BOTH sides had a permit to assemble.  I don't know what the city of Charlottesville was expecting to happen if not exactly what happened.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I'm sure the leftists will blame it on him. 

I see no reason why the "Left" need to be brought up and run down in every post. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

it's called fair and balanced news reporting.......    I didn't like it when they blame the right on those crazy people their either.....   but it happens.

Personally I think the Cops should have just stayed out of it and if we were really lucky they'd have killed each other and we could have the whole mess out of the gene pool.....    we don't need either side that would carry on that way in our country at all.