• Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 4:03 PM, angels4u said:

Hi Wayne
<

People will always disappoint you but God never will...amen Wayne ?

Someday soon ,we walk those streets of gold !

Amen and Amen.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Steve_K said:

Amen Wayne. People are milktoast, uncommitted and downright unreliable. Thank the Lord that we can count on him.

Calm thy spirit steve.  We cannot expect people who don't follow Christ to behave as we who are under grace and changed by grace behave.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

On 31/08/2017 at 6:55 AM, Steve_K said:

I don't know about you. but I'm sick to death of people that wouldn't know the truth if it walked up and shook their hand.

Recently, I was discharged from a nursing home after a nearly 13 month stay. There was two female staff that I was close to. Both made me all kinds of promises of lasting friendship. etc. Well, I haven't heard a word so far from either one of them. I don't really expect to either. One in particular said she wanted to date me when I was discharged, and "couldn't wait" to go out with me. She also claimed to be a committed Christian. Well. yesterday, I saw her on a dating site. She had posted "non religious". So, she lied. 

I have no patience for liars. My ex wife wasn't truthful either. People like that I don't want in my life.

Hi Steve, on professional grounds, they crossed the patient/nurse line. That's a no no.

If they were trying to cheer you up and lift morale, promising romantic dates really isn't the answer. And knowing full well they wouldn't honour it is deceitful and I understand you feeling ticked off.

Its easy to say, but learn from this and move on.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Hi Steve, on professional grounds, they crossed the patient/nurse line. That's a no no.

If they were trying to cheer you up and lift morale, promising romantic dates really isn't the answer. And knowing full well they wouldn't honour it is deceitful and I understand you feeling ticked off.

Its easy to say, but learn from this and move on.

I agree.

16 hours ago, Davida said:

I guess the life lesson is to not jump to trust everyone just because they seem nice or friendly.In time you can tell when someone is not presenting their true self-their mask starts to slip, and you notice an insincerity, inconsistency or something mean spirited. Rather then being upset, we can be grateful that we saw their true colors before too much time went by. 

In other words, test the spirits and go from there.

19 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Amen and Amen.

Amen and amen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

To all, may I suggest another tact is possible? Set course toward running with the wind ever faster, and not against it resenting the bugs  and the salt that sting the pores while running or sailing the course. There is today to live, why not make strong effort to live it in good service to God doing all things in a manner that brings glory to God, and stop worrying about affronts to self? Praise God, He is awesome God.

It is such joy to know salvation by Christ Jesus and to have the comfort of the Holy Spirit, why spoil the day's opportunities in faith by lamenting over who may have come up short in our own view?  Why let the enemy steal our joy so easily as to get us to worrying and sharing over some sense of being slighted? Instead forgive a slight seventy time seven times, and even count it all toward joy to come.

These little events are but a pittance,  a trivial matter of no consequence compared to what may be coming even today. So toughen up pick up the pace in the race working hard toward finishing well in all things done  to glorify God. Don't seek sympathy, prepare! For the faster horsemen yet will be coming at us all in the thrushes. None of us have seen anything like what is yet to come. Things will get harder, but joy will also come in the morning- so hang on child hang on. And praise God for the adventure.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Steve, it's never a good thing to play games with people's emotions, stick close to God and He's always faithful, He loves you until the end,you're a son of the King !

Never have your expectations from men, I learned that but God will never disappoint us..

Love in Christ,Angels

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Liar liar pants on fire exclamation emote coon lean left 245.png
                                    :emot-highfive:  sheeeew... I'm safe :43:  nothing flammable here :red_smile: 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

We can have friends in this world. But everyone including myself is flawed in some way. Some people are very flawed because they don't really care but for themself. I know some very giving persons. But they have a bad day sometimes.  So what can you expect from them.  In the new heaven and earth everyone there will be just like Christ in there hearts. So you will be able to depend on anyone who is your friend. It will be different. I do have some friends but i look to God only for my consolation.  He is near to us all the time. And he is worthy of trust and worship and praise. No human is . But I do love people and especially those in Christ. If we are alone at this time. God is even closer. When we get to heaven you all will be surprised by how many in heaven including awesome and mighty holy angels were aware of you.  And were rooting for you. Your names are writing in heaven. Heaven is our home. We are not home yet.