• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Okay. I'm taking time off  but I just have to chime in on this one. 

Well there was that giant asteroid that hit the Earth that wiped out the dinosaurs. That happen before the Fall. 

Now I clearly understand that most likely only Running Gator is going to agree with me on this. And I'm okay with that. :)

Yep you are right, least I'm sure not going to buy into that one.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Just a further speculation from the peanut gallery: 

There were two trees of significance in the garden. One could not been used for nourishment and enjoyment because it brought with it awareness of good and evil and would steal away innocence. What of the other tree,  the tree of eternal life?

I speculate that; if man was eternal to start with then the consuming of fruit from the tree of eternal life  would have no effect on them, and would not be anything to have to prohibit.

But; as soon as God introduced His own awesome wrath upon man for becoming aware of himself and  no longer an innocent, and God brought death to mankind's and all of creation' presence, then the eating of that scecond tree would have produced profond consequence. The consequence would be a created being that has knowledge of good and evil plus also having eternal life. Seems to me that does make, or would have made, mankind like God. Mankind  would be the equal of God, all without the purity of God's attributes.

Why would Satan not want to have accomplished that if He could have? Perhaps He wanted to but had to first have the tree of knowledge  consumed, then the tree of eternal life second. Presuming satan to have had time to introduce both to the creatures  mankind why did he not do it? I suspect it is because satan is such a coveting and jealous being He could not stand to have mankind being independent of Him even as the creature man might become independent of God.

Someone did not read it all.    The last part of what you said I said.  satan first would have them eatfrom the tree. THEN have them eat from the tree of life possibly.

but not the tree of life first.  I think that was his goal.  it failed though.  only half accomplished. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Do you have documentation that they were not wiped out?

No, that is why I am not making a definite statement as to what happened to them and when.

4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Do you have documentation that they were not wiped out?

I really want to tell all these so called men of renown scientists who think they got it figured out what GOD told Job.

WERE YOU THIER WHEN I SET THE HEAVENS , were You.   exactly .    they all guessing and loving the praise of men for SEEMING so wise .

when in truth.   THEY DONT KNOW.  their religion is evolution.   but they DONT KNOW . 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It must be just your speculation that the dinosaurs were wiped out during the flood. I don't see any proof for that.  Do you have documentation as to this?

Maybe 'wiped out' isn't the best term.   When I say "wiped out"  I am referring to all of the species  of land creatures not on the ark, and probably a lot of the birds.   Not every species of dinosaurs were not made extinct in the strictest terms, but most species of the dinosaurs were made extinct.  Noah only took two of each family of land animal, so there were entire species of all of the animals on earth rendered extinct.

But everything not in the ark was destroyed and we have their fossils in layers of sediment that were laid down rapidly and preserved in several cases, soft tissue. 

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That statement is no more viable than LadyKay's is and you are breaking your own rule that you constantly preach to others when it comes to Genesis.   God instructed Noah to take two of every kind of animal on the Ark.  That means exactly that, two of every kind of animal not two of every kind of animals, except dinosaurs.  Dinosaurs rapidly went extinct after the Flood because they could not survive the new climate conditions of the planet.  They could not have gone extinct in the Flood because that would violate what God clearly says in scripture.

Well .   Here indeed is what a lot of folks seem to miss.    their were TWO of every UNCLEAN beast , BUT SEVEN of the clean.  Go peep at genesis chapter seven verse two.

its why when so many haters of the holy book tried to say how could noah have had burnt offerings , if only two were spared, trying as usual to make the bible seem wrong.

BUT , by our LORDS grace I just love reading it. so by grace it keeps getting engrained.   Yeah , most miss that .  

I love you too sister jewels.   be blessed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

All states are vulnerable to some kind of disaster. Earthquakes,fires, tsunamis,epidemics, hurricanes, tornadoes or floods.

well, we in Oklahoma seem to have them all except the hurricanes....   and we've had a flood or two over the years from remnants of the things.    but like the People around and those helping we take care of things and  show the world that the USA isn't the run down evil place that the MSN would have you think.    And wherever you want to look, the disasters have brought out the best in most people my whole life.....

How many times have you heard the phrase if God didn't judge this country he'd have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah....     Well I saw lots of single blocks that had enough people that if they had been in Sodom he would not have done that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Unless the death talked about in regards to the fall was spiritual death and not physical death

Oh that's a good thought!

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Unless the death talked about in regards to the fall was spiritual death and not physical death

It was both physical death and spiritual death.  Neither existed before the fall in regard to any living creatures.  Death was not engineered into creation.