• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

5 hours ago, OldCoot said:

Instead of wasting time on putting down folks who are watching these signs, why not put that much effort into seeking a better relationship with the Lord.   If the watchers of these signs are correct, wasting time scoffing at them is not going to look too good if the removal does happen.  The scripture has some very choice words for scoffers and there is a crown of righteousness for those that are eagerly anticipating His coming.   If they are wrong, then it still was a clarion call for us to make sure we are "pitching our tents" with Yeshua.  Always a good thing.

I think there is a big difference with scoffing about the coming of the Lord and scoffing at the things people say about it. If the removal does happen, I will be sure to apologize on my way up! One can look forward to His coming with eager anticipation, without encouraging people to make predictions about when it will occur!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,382
  • Content Per Day:  2.71
  • Days Won:  1

While I suspect there could be some prophetic significance to the Feast of Trumpets, during the next 50 year Jubilee... No one knows the exact date of the next 50 year cycle, other than it has to be close, as it was lost to history as a result of the Hebrews disobeying Gods Jubilee commandment long ago, and the diaspora of A.D. 70.

And that's just speculation on my part based on my study of scripture and Biblical patterns. It's abundantly clear no one can know the day and hour, but we can know the season. And the season is very, very ripe.

Edit: BTW, in the case of Timothy. His mother was a Jew and father a gentile. He was encouraged by Paul to get circumcised so there was no conflict in his testimony and he would be accepted IMHO.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

Yeah, it is pure speculation regarding a Jubilee year.  Things got so messed up back then that I am not sure even the most ardent Rabbinical scholar can be certain.

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I think there is a big difference with scoffing about the coming of the Lord and scoffing at the things people say about it

Is there really any difference?   And what is the break point?  Is it ok to talk about the Lord gathering His righteous, say, 100 years out, but if someone talks about the possibility a couple years or a couple months out then they are a nut job.

What I find amazing is how many will claim that the removal of the righteous could happen at any time, but if someone mentions a time then they are some sort of false prophet.  Why is it ok to mention "any" time, and not ok to mention this time or that?  How does last Saturday, or this coming Saturday, or some day in January not fall into "any time"?   All one has to do is follow the prescription given in scripture regarding someone who foretells something.  Listen to them, check out what they are saying, and if what they are saying doesn't happen then ignore them from then on.  

Deuteronomy 18:22 (ISV) Whenever a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, and the oracle does not come about or the word is not fulfilled, then the Lord has not spoken it. The prophet will have spoken presumptuously, so you need not fear him.”

All that seems to be going on is.... "I don't know what time it will happen, but I also know no one else has a clue".  I would be willing to bet that same idea was tossed around 30AD when Yeshua was running around.  Yet, He unequivocally held those folks accountable for knowing the time.  I can almost hear as it might have been said back then.... "I know the Messiah will come to Israel, but there is no way it is at this time and there is no way anyone else can know".  

Luke 19:43-44 (NKJV) For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, 44 and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation.”

This next passage almost sounds like it was posted in this present time.  The same mindset......

John 7:47-52 (NKJV) Then the Pharisees answered them, “Are you also deceived? 48 Have any of the rulers or the Pharisees believed in Him? 49 But this crowd that does not know the law is accursed.”
50 Nicodemus (he who came to Jesus by night, being one of them) said to them, 51 “Does our law judge a man before it hears him and knows what he is doing?”
52 They answered and said to him, “Are you also from Galilee? Search and look, for no prophet has arisen out of Galilee.

Edited by OldCoot

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

46 minutes ago, OldCoot said:

Is there really any difference?   And what is the break point?  Is it ok to talk about the Lord gathering His righteous, say, 100 years out, but if someone talks about the possibility a couple years or a couple months out then they are a nut job.

It is fine to talk about the things in the Bible. It is another thing to be predicting dates about it, and getting people riled up, and proving to be wrong. As recently as Sept 19, he said:

1897, 1917, 1947, 1967, 2017 are all important Israel dates and Jubilee's 1897 + 120 = 2017 Gen 6:3

Fig Tree Generation - 1947 + 70 years = 2017 Psa 90:10, Matt 24:32-35

Rapture, the Day of the Lord and the 70th week of Daniel all point to a woman in labor Isa 13:6-8, Isa 26:17-21, Isa 66:7-9, Jer 30:6-7, Jer 49:24, (Micah 5:2-4 / Verse 2 Time of Jesus / Verse 3 Church Age / Verse 4 Millennium), 1 Thess 5:1-3

The Rev 12:1-5 sign also points to rapture, the Day of the Lord and the 70th week of Daniel (Rev 12:1-5 woman in labor giving birth)

He was wrong then, he will prove to be wrong on the 30th, how many times will we have to hear this sort of thing, we should just sit by and say nothing. It is all but being a false prophet, which is cleverly avoided by basically not saying "Thus sayeth the Lord".

He started this thread with:

New rapture watch date: 9/30/17 
From other watchmen on the wall, eschatologists (including me)

Now, what does that say: New rapture date!

When that doesn't happen, we have choices. One, we can consider him a false prophet. If we grant that he never claimed to be a prophet, then there is choice number two:

He is bad at understanding eschatology. Either way, I do not see why we should listen to a person. Sincerity is great, sincerely wrong, not so much.

On a more positive note OldCoot, I like your new avatar much better!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

6 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Now, what does that say: New rapture date!

Good question. I don't remember the bible speaking to multiple rapture dates!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

Just now, Steve_S said:

Good question. I don't remember the bible speaking to multiple rapture dates!

Well Steve, according to some it sort of does. There is the one not mentioned in scripture, that occurs before the great tribulation of ir Daniel's 70th week, and then there is the one that scripture does describe that happens just after the dead in Christ are raised first, then the living Christians are caught up to be with them to join them in the clouds, but then, you know that!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Thank you for sharing :) .

Every day I look up and will keep looking up! 

God is sure showing us amazing things these days!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

What I find truly amazing is how such predictions get some folk's panties all in a wad.  The last several meetings of the folks at our congregation, the topic of these supposed predictions was barely mentioned.  I have heard similar dates since the 1960's and never let it get to me.  I just made a note of it, checked if it might have some validity, just continued my relationship with the Lord, and went about my daily business. If it happens, I am ready.  If it doesn't, then I still have a lot of work to do to keep me busy, both for the Lord and for my business.

Same this time.  I paid my quarterly estimated business taxes, paid my monthly payroll taxes, put in an order for parts and lubricants for my business equipment.  Signed up for community outreach day our congregation is doing on October 15th.   In other words, I didn't change my schedule or routine one bit.  The 23rd came and went and I didn't get all upset and throw  a fit.  But I sure watched how many others who like to throw rocks seem to literally come out of their skin over such things, especially so after dates came and went.  Maybe that speaks more about them than the folks making predictions.  

Maybe Bill Shakespeare was on the right track.....Ye Doest Protest Too Much, Me Thinks.  

Edited by OldCoot