• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

A SUGGESTION:

I have been in grass-roots (in the trenches) service for controls and automation for the last 30 years. I have also been Business Development for a very long time for a company that did business with major aerospace companies. I have traveled extensively. Presidents and high management people do not phase me one iota.
I say what I mean and mean what I say.

Perhaps it is time on this site to have another area, like the 'ladies only' area, overseen by supervisors and a password. 

This area would be for those persons, mostly female, that need to get safe counselling and prayer from members such as Abby-Joy who is a survivor of MPD, MK, DID and other issues. Some of these people suddenly awaken one day with memories of a past they 'think' is unreal. They need someone to talk with that will not dismiss them out of hand.

The reason for this suggestions is that I have noticed a few ladies popping up after being on this site for quite some time, but afraid to be public about their concerns in the area of MPD, and DID plus other experiences of abuse.

There is a PLETHORA of information on the internet about this, but I sense a fear in some Christians to embrace people who have suffered thus. Nobody can claim ignorance of these terrifying occurrences, but sometimes we just 'cannot see' those things any more than the natives of the New World could 'see' the ships that suddenly turned up on their shores.

The frame of reference is so shockingly different for these sufferers, that we really cannot easily relate to those horrors. In fact, the controlling words, key words, and trigger words are CHOSEN to cause mass confusion and a catatonic state in the subject should they be apprehended and the words used by other than their actual control person.
Remember, Hollywood has made some 'eerily close to home' movies about some of this; yet it is REAL.
It is not just fiction. It hides in plain sight in our daily lives. We just cannot 'see' it most of the time.

For those who are not convinced, or vehemently opposed to this idea: you also may have been influenced to reject this. Denial of something is NOT immunity from its effects on you.

Edited by Justin Adams
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Yowm said:

I’m sorry but I meant that quote to be attached to Rom 14:14. I really don’t believe demon spirits attach themselves to objects...at least I don’t see it in Scripture. If I gave an Australian Aborigine a statue of Mary he wouldn’t know the difference of it from Linda SoSour lol.

This graven image that Micah had made as gods or idols, made him rich and the Israelite took the image with them when they invaded Micah house.  They saw the prosperity that Micah had and took those idols when  they went to the place where they settled.   This scene is  very intriguing,where it showed how a Leviticus priest in combination with the idols that Micah had made brought prosperity and riches to Micah household and his community. 

Judges 18King James Version (KJV)

30 And the children of Dan set up the graven image: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan until the day of the captivity of the land.

31 And they set them up Micah's graven image, which he made, all the time that the house of God was in Shiloh.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

12 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:
13 hours ago, OneLight said:

There would of been no question if you had said tarot cards.  You did imply that my definition was wrong or unwise, not to be followed.

This is what You said " It is not the item that is to be avoided, it is the evilness one uses them in that should be avoided. "

I was using your TRAIN OF THOUGHT to illuminate the ouija being evil no matter what intent the user of the ouija had.

Yes I did imply you are wrong.  I didnt say I didnt.  Are you above being disagreed with? You are not God!

14 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I never implied you did have anything to do with demonic spirits when using any of the things you mentioned.

13 hours ago, OneLight said:

My point was tarot cards are known to be a gateway to evil spirits.  They are not merely cards. Whether one knows that they are demonic or not does not change the fact that they are.

A baby that touches a flame gets burned even when the baby doesnt know that the flame burns.

I never implied you did have anything to do with demonic spirits when using any of the things you mentioned.

Here I used tarot cards as another example.

I did clarify whether you recognized it or not :)

You can disagree with me all you want.  But why another backhanded remark implying I must think I am God, not to be disagree with?

You also incorrectly quoted the last quote.  You show it as if I am the one posting the last quote when it was you that said those words, not me.

For what I can see, the issue between us began when I made a point that items themselves are not evil, but how they are used are.  You didn't accept what I said and went on the defensive.  That's the problem with blanket statements.  Very rarely are blanket statements truthful.  Implying that cards, sticks, stones, tea....etc are evil, is what I disagreed with.  Nothing more.  The conversation then went to tarot cards, which I agreed with. 

So, what's your problem with all this?

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Indeed, what bothers me is that the point of Christmas is "Christ with us," it is that God becoming flesh (John 1:14) is the present to us, as in God is present or presence. And if you look at The Nativity, gifts are given to Christ not the other way around, " They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh." (Matthew 2:11). I myself have felt what you said, an oppression lift when the Xmas Tree is absent, and I cannot get out of my head when seeing a Xmas Tree with lights, the Druids and their sprites, so the Christmas Tree is "counted as loss," to me, so that I, "may gain Christ." (Philippians 3:8). 

Amen.......that is well said, praise the Lord.

I give gifts but not under a tree, it is just part of the joy of celebrating the birth of the Lord......unto us a Child is given.  Giving of gifts is not for me symbolic in any way, just a happy expression.  Not that we have to celebrate His birth or are commanded to, but I don't believe it is wrong to do so, and in a dark world that is extinguishing Christian expressions, it is still an opportunity for some light.  We dont' even see many crosses here any more and one day not long ago I happened to drive by a church with a big cross in the front and it lifted me up, it was then that I realized we don't see many crosses any more where I live.

BUT I just want to say this........that in a multicultural society, there are several religions that have celebrations around that same time of year.......and I can see there might be a time coming when Christmas could be turned into a one-size-fits-all multi-faith kind of celebration......so IF that were to happen we would need to think about separating ourselves from even that and perhaps our witness would be in not celebrating it at all, at least not in a public sort of way.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, warrior12 said:

This scene is  very intriguing,where it showed how a Leviticus priest in combination with the idols that Micah had made brought prosperity and riches to Micah household and his community. 

Want to make a correction to the statement i made above.  Actually there is no mention in scripture to show that Micah had prospered by consecrating the Leviticus priest.  I drew that conclusion in deducing that when the children of Dan took the carved images, idols and the priest, my thoughts were that they saw that Micah had prospered because of the shrine that was made my Micah.  

My point here is that the "carved images and idols"  were taken to be used by them, the tribe of Dan.

The question then also arises.  Can evil spirit be attached to inanimate objects and my answer is yes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

A SUGGESTION:

I have been in grass-roots (in the trenches) service for controls and automation for the last 30 years. I have also been Business Development for a very long time for a company that did business with major aerospace companies. I have traveled extensively. Presidents and high management people do not phase me one iota.
I say what I mean and mean what I say.

Perhaps it is time on this site to have another area, like the 'ladies only' area, overseen by supervisors and a password. 

This area would be for those persons, mostly female, that need to get safe counselling and prayer from members such as Abby-Joy who is a survivor of MPD, MK, DID and other issues. Some of these people suddenly awaken one day with memories of a past they 'think' is unreal. They need someone to talk with that will not dismiss them out of hand.

The reason for this suggestions is that I have noticed a few ladies popping up after being on this site for quite some time, but afraid to be public about their concerns in the area of MPD, and DID plus other experiences of abuse.

There is a PLETHORA of information on the internet about this, but I sense a fear in some Christians to embrace people who have suffered thus. Nobody can claim ignorance of these terrifying occurrences, but sometimes we just 'cannot see' those things any more than the natives of the New World could 'see' the ships that suddenly turned up on their shores.

The frame of reference is so shockingly different for these sufferers, that we really cannot easily relate to those horrors. In fact, the controlling words, key words, and trigger words are CHOSEN to cause mass confusion and a catatonic state in the subject should they be apprehended and the words used by other than their actual control person.
Remember, Hollywood has made some 'eerily close to home' movies about some of this; yet it is REAL.
It is not just fiction. It hides in plain sight in our daily lives. We just cannot 'see' it most of the time.

For those who are not convinced, or vehemently opposed to this idea: you also may have been influenced to reject this. Denial of something is NOT immunity from its effects on you.

This is an excellent idea and very much needed.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, OneLight said:

But why another backhanded remark implying I must think I am God, not to be disagree with?

It wasnt backhanded. You arent God .

You also incorrectly quoted the last quote.  You show it as if I am the one posting the last quote when it was you that said those words, not me.

I did my best at the time I was responding. I have alot going on. I make mistakes. If I did misquote you or whatever you are getting at; it was NOT intentional. Better??????????????

You didn't accept what I said and went on the defensive.

Your opinion. I showed your error in thinking. I dont have to get or "go on" defensive to show your error. You are assuming my intent. That is where you also err.

So, what's your problem with all this?

I dont have a problem. How much longer shall we discuss this and dissect this to please you? 

It seems rather unprofitable and PETTY to me. So, having said that; Im done here.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

6 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen.......that is well said, praise the Lord.

I give gifts but not under a tree, it is just part of the joy of celebrating the birth of the Lord......unto us a Child is given.  Giving of gifts is not for me symbolic in any way, just a happy expression.  Not that we have to celebrate His birth or are commanded to, but I don't believe it is wrong to do so, and in a dark world that is extinguishing Christian expressions, it is still an opportunity for some light.  We dont' even see many crosses here any more and one day not long ago I happened to drive by a church with a big cross in the front and it lifted me up, it was then that I realized we don't see many crosses any more where I live.

BUT I just want to say this........that in a multicultural society, there are several religions that have celebrations around that same time of year.......and I can see there might be a time coming when Christmas could be turned into a one-size-fits-all multi-faith kind of celebration......so IF that were to happen we would need to think about separating ourselves from even that and perhaps our witness would be in not celebrating it at all, at least not in a public sort of way.

I agree there is nothing wrong with gift giving, I just wish children were as excited about Christ's Birthday (Christmas) as they were about getting gifts. I would if I had children, skip the Santa Claus lie (and Oiden homage), and say the anonymous gifts are "Father, who is One with Jesus (John 10:30) or simply from Jesus,": "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:17), "For what gives you the right to make such a judgment? What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if everything you have is from God, why boast as though it were not a gift?," (1 Corinthians 4:7), "But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides." (Matthew 6:33). [I am aware some of these verses are referring to gifts or talents, but its applicable, if God gives us gifts to do art and etc, He also gives us gifts we unwrap]. 

Your fears about Christmas becoming multi-cultural and interfaith is real already. In China the Communists celebrate Christmas and know nothing about the origin or purpose of the holiday. In the Middle East Muslims have no qualms with folklore side of Christmas: 

Christmas-Tree-in-Beirut.jpg

Christmas Tree Next to Mohamed Al-Amin Mosque in Beirut, Lebanon

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1