• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,657
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

John.    what miss muffet brought was a gem.    No one hardly warns at all anymore today.    and if I recall

the word GRAVE was to be in all christains .    WHERE the heck have the grave ones went.

I am wore out with excuse after excuse on why any appearance of grave is wrong.  

You should have leaped for joy at what she brought .  and also reminded all its all about Christ.  

And about compassion too.   But miss muffett did a job , that heck most don't even do anymore.

OR if they do they do it all wrong .  Wrong as in their approach.   I seen some I know who were grave ,but were hateful at the same time.

Like westboro for example.   They even sang songs about gays going to hell.  THAT alone would have let me know their heart is all wrong.

BUT to be very grave is not wrong , its right and tis needful.  ITS JUST THIS...............OUR DESIRE no matter how grave or compassionate we are

SHOULD be the DESIRE for one to be saved.  that is how we know if one is really following CHRIST or not .   DO they truly desire those in error to be saved.

IF they did , they would do SOMETHING about it.  not just sit and hug.  or not just sit and yell.    DO SOMETHING this world and churches are drowning

in delusion and deception of sin and false doctrine.  WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING , IF WE LOVE THEM.  if not just hug and say all is well.    But judged for that all will be who did.

Not sure where you are coming from.

I responded to the OP title mainly.

Could you be more specific / clear up the grammar a tad because I am just not getting your points.

Sorry...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Gee, all I did was say;  "If that is true I want it!", in answer to the call of the Holy Spirit to me. I didn't read 1125 pages of Bible. I didn't go through confirmation. I didn't learn catechisms of any kind. And yet the Holy Spirit indwelled me immediately.

Somehow I often think my Lord must be more generous with His grace and God the Father's mercy than are many of my fellow saints in Christ Jesus.

I certainly hope that it may it be that my Lord Jesus does not hold any of them to their minimum standards for my salvation to be necessary for themselves too. 

Edited by Neighbor
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Gee, all I did was say;  "If that is true I want it!", in answer to the call of the Holy Spirit to me. I didn't read 1125 pages of Bible. I didn't go through confirmation. I didn't learn catechisms of any kind. And yet the Holy Spirit indwelled me immediately.

Somehow I often think my Lord must be more generous with His grace and God the Father's mercy than are many of my fellow saints in Christ Jesus.

I certainly hope that it may it be that my Lord Jesus does not hold any of them to their minimum standards for my salvation to be necessary for themselves too. 

Except that true Christianity is more than just a one-time experience..........it's a daily walk for the rest of our lives.  Without holiness, no one will see the Lord....so it's very serious.  The way of holiness must be preached and taught, the church needs to be reproved, exhorted, encouraged, instructed....we must not silence the way of holiness for fear of offending people.  This is one way that counterfeit Christianity errs........it doesn't teach holiness any more.  

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Except that true Christianity is more than just a one-time experience..........it's a daily walk for the rest of our lives.  Without holiness, no one will see the Lord....so it's very serious.  The way of holiness must be preached and taught, the church needs to be reproved, exhorted, encouraged, instructed....we must not silence the way of holiness for fear of offending people.  This is one way that counterfeit Christianity errs........it doesn't teach holiness any more.  

When I read this dear sister  ,  I nearly felt like crying.  It is so true.    the ones attacking us , don't even know we only warn out because we love them .

8 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Well sure, but I was saved from the moment the Holy Spirit called me specifically. I did not have further need. And If Jesus loses not a one then I was secure, yet as Paul enjoined, do we sin  all the more? No of course not! I serve my Lord and savior. I stand my post as a soldier in Christ Jesus. My service is evidence of the Holy Spirit and testimony of the Son given in awe of the Father.

Actually this service  it is what  "we' call lordship salvation. :) Without it there is no evidence nor testimony and yes salvation becomes suspect in the eyes of man anyway.

But the rules of men can be much likened to the scribes and the Phraisees. They become so pious they supplant the will of God with their own vision of what should be, and make judgement as though they were god.

While personally I have grown in knowledge, even beyond the knowledge to  ask got questions or the internet short cuts, I am no more justified today than I was  the moment that  I was turned about by the call  from the Holy Spirit to do so. I have been fully saved fully justified, redeemed in full by none other than my Lord and savior Jesus.

And so I do argue a bit with the rules makers, those that  scream for evidence evidence evidence and make themselves the judge as well as  prosecutor  instead of being an encourager and  a fellow saint that has been  also given the command to go into all the world with the gospel of Jesus  so that many may be found mature in the LORD. 

I find salvation makes testifying compulsive. The more I read the Bible the more I think the Bible, the more I pray over it and hear the groaning of the Holy Spirit too, the more I testify. However I do not take away the feeling that  another cannot or will not ever be turned about too. Just because I do not see the end the result of the Holy Spirit' call on another specifically, that does not make for me any need to pronounce that person unsaved, for the person has been predestined to it, or they have not. I am only a witness sharing testimony as I am  commanded and compelled to do. I find I must read the word of God the Bible, with prayer, thinking, and yes even fasting for a time. Yet I read not for my salvation but my  great joy and enlightenment that seems to come from the Holy Spirit more than myself. I practice what I practice not for my salvation, but because of it.

I  end my own testimony with the encouragement to heed the Holy Spirit  by repenting of sin against God by turning to the saving grace found in the shed blood of Jesus, and in nothing else.   Jesus' sacrifice is full payment for sin against God, not a single work beyond His is required, for if it were then Jesus is not the redeemer who loses not a one given Him by His Father. Least that's the way us Lordship salvation types tend to see it, and as I see it.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

43 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Well sure, but I was saved from the moment the Holy Spirit called me specifically. I did not have further need. And If Jesus loses not a one then I was secure, yet as Paul enjoined, do we sin  all the more? No of course not! I serve my Lord and savior. I stand my post as a soldier in Christ Jesus. My service is evidence of the Holy Spirit and testimony of the Son given in awe of the Father.

Actually this service  it is what  "we' call lordship salvation. :) Without it there is no evidence nor testimony and yes salvation becomes suspect in the eyes of man anyway.

But the rules of men can be much likened to the scribes and the Phraisees. They become so pious they supplant the will of God with their own vision of what should be, and make judgement as though they were god.

While personally I have grown in knowledge, even beyond the knowledge to  ask got questions or the internet short cuts, I am no more justified today than I was  the moment that  I was turned about by the call  from the Holy Spirit to do so. I have been fully saved fully justified, redeemed in full by none other than my Lord and savior Jesus.

And so I do argue a bit with the rules makers, those that  scream for evidence evidence evidence and make themselves the judge as well as  prosecutor  instead of being an encourager and  a fellow saint that has been  also given the command to go into all the world with the gospel of Jesus  so that many may be found mature in the LORD. 

I find salvation makes testifying compulsive. The more I read the Bible the more I think the Bible, the more I pray over it and hear the groaning of the Holy Spirit too, the more I testify. However I do not take away the feeling that  another cannot or will not ever be turned about too. Just because I do not see the end the result of the Holy Spirit' call on another specifically, that does not make for me any need to pronounce that person unsaved, for the person has been predestined to it, or they have not. I am only a witness sharing testimony as I am  commanded and compelled to do. I find I must read the word of God the Bible, with prayer, thinking, and yes even fasting for a time. Yet I read not for my salvation but my  great joy and enlightenment that seems to come from the Holy Spirit more than myself. I practice what I practice not for my salvation, but because of it.

I  end my own testimony with the encouragement to heed the Holy Spirit  by repenting of sin against God by turning to the saving grace found in the shed blood of Jesus, and in nothing else.   Jesus' sacrifice is full payment for sin against God, not a single work beyond His is required, for if it were then Jesus is not the redeemer who loses not a one given Him by His Father. Least that's the way us Lordship salvation types tend to see it, and as I see it.

God bless you neighbor and thank you for this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Good early early morning to you too!

(I am still on west coast time even though I am  back on the east coast yet again.) So I know how early you are up if you are at your own home base.

It is my habit to get up and to pray and get led to read the Bible, usual in a topical manner, my church  corporate time being devoted more to  a word by word expository  sharing. I tend to get on  a Christian site too and see what might motivate me to study.

What has you up at this time of day/night?

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

Well I am on GMT so I keep odd hours, but was on the east coast last and before that the west.

So my travels messed my internal clock a little.

I see what is said, and though I have no label for 'my beliefs' (labels are for soup cans) I am interested in the various movements and what people actually think about their particular salvation.

I often wonder about these people that are determined to put down those that might see, or feel things differently. They loose track of the fact that this is a journey. As we pass various mileposts we might branch off for a coffee here or there. Maybe pick up some ideas that later prove wrong. Then get back on the narrow way. Being narrow does not mean it does not go around a bit like a corkscrew sometimes.

Broad is the path to destruction we are told - that worries me not a little as it implies crowds of people. Like a six lane freeway, it can handle more traffic. So I'd rather think of threads in the giant tapestry of God's created life. Each thread a person's individual path, but together a wonderful tapestry. Not a thick inflexible rope, but a reflection of God's great wonders and creative genius in delicate strokes.  Yes, we of necessity and command are to rub shoulder with each other. Sometimes paths cross. To the Greater Glory of the Lord, we are woven together and as such must look out for each other. True Unity can only be accomplished with the Holy Spirit's control of warp and weft. Not human competition and control.

The counterfeits, as mentioned in the title of the topic, are mixed in amongst us. If we attempt to 'root them out' we may detract from God's Purposes. Yes, recognize the tares for what they are and perchance the 'Creator of all that is, seen and unseen' will direct you to act. But like as not, you will be called on to focus on the lost and not be an inquisitor. Be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,420
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Το let The Word of God flow through one’s heart like washing with water leaves a cleaness discernible by all who wash such as this... we are drawn to the truth and setting us free to love as God Loves makes our lives shine like no other! We are because God made us a way and we live such because of His Presence within us ... it is as Peter has said
John 6:68 (KJV)
[68] Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

All of us that are born from above know the security that lies within this reality within us :) 
Love, Steven 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

All I know brother, is that the church is falling away from sound doctrine and on the broad way to destruction, so my thoughts and feelings about it are more urgent and serious than that.  And notice they all testify of Jesus being their atoning sacrifice too........so that is not the part of doctrine they have fallen away from.  Isn't it a matter of urgency that it all be preached in these days of famine and drought for the word of God.....but perhaps most will not endure it even if they ever hear it, much less recognize it as being His word.  Someone says faith without works is dead but the church is so unused to it, it comes across as something alien to them, so they reject it even though scripture says we are to provoke one another unto good works.  Sometimes I wonder if one of their favourite men of renown spoke the exact same thing they would say amen, but they get offended if a nobody comes and points out the word of God.....can't help but reflect on what that reminds us of.  Well, I could only fervently wish the men of renown would preach the whole word, nothing added nothing taken away!  Oh how I wish it!  Then we might see the church waking up from her stupor and coming back to her senses......except God doesn't seem to choose men of renown generally, it's not HIS way because He is wiser than that.

• Thumbs Up 1