IGNORED

I Thes 5:22

Running Gator

15 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

I am not under kosher food laws, and if you are, you are living in the wrong testament.

And where is the rest of what I posted?

Fornication has nothing to do with eating kosher.  That was listed among the necessary things gentiles must abstain from doing.  You clearly did exactly what I said you did.  You ignored New Testament teachings because you claim that even though the Holy Spirit and the Apostles said we must observe them, you don't have to observe kosher laws.  That is your excuse, but you did exactly what I said, and there are many witnesses to it.  You slandered me and I have witnesses to that as well.  You have this bad habit of getting onto other people or falsely accusing them of doing things you are guilty of.  

As far as what else you posted goes, I went ahead and included two quotes already.  That proves you did what I said you did.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, Butero said:

There is no way to know for certain, because it doesn't actually say

It is written that if they knew what they were doing, they wouldn't do it. 

How much it applies to is for another thread/ topic/ discussion Yahweh willing.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

I see that reading isn't  fundamental for you.

17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?

19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils....

Again, this is about Gentiles and Jews, not Catholics and Protestants, or can't you tell the difference between any of these pairs?

He used Israel as analogy.  It is not about the Jews.  It is about the Corinthians wanting to know to what degree they can participate or not participate in their native culture in Corinth.  Anyone with any basic reading comprehensions can understand the context.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

No, actually it isn't, but veneration is still veneration.

veneration of a "saint" is idolatry.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

There is a difference in bringing the spelling up to date and removing verses and changing the meaning.  We have made progress.  You went from claiming a lot of revisions to coming down to two....

I'm talking about major revisions to the KJV, not all the changes, major and minor, to the entire text.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And if you are calling the Jews, "devils"  you and I going to have a much worse problem, I can promise you that.

Actually he has done much worse, opposing Jesus and opposing God's Word all the time in the content of his posts for years.     There is no known way to silence such ones on this forum.  No,  they can just go on and on and on ...... (and do)

11 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

ALL the early disciples were called simpletons !   THANK YOU for your unintended verification !

We are having the honor of suffering shame for Jesus' name by false brethren, an honor the early Apostles enjoyed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

veneration of a "saint" is idolatry.

Before posting, you should first consult a dictionary.

Veneration: "a feeling of profound respect for someone or something"

6 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

No, actually it isn't, but veneration is still veneration.

There have been many saints that were not martyrs.  Do we really need to bring in a Dictionary for you to understand that a saint and a martyr are not one and the same?  Seriously?  And you call me a simpleton?  

Guest shiloh357
Just now, OldSchool2 said:

Before posting, you should first consult a dictionary.

Veneration: "a feeling of profound respect for someone or something"

It is a form of worship, actually.   We only venerate the triune God.   To venerate means to exalt.  It is far more than respect.   I realize you need to cherry pick the definition, but at the end of the day, venerating saints is idol worship.