• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, one.opinion said:

The OP is not my hypothesis, but I suspect that my friend would say that by the time of the Flood, all people living would have been genealogical descendants of Adam and Eve.

Then FYI the Scripture that supports his hypothesis is "Be fruitful and fill the earth..." and that it is instantaneous like Creation days. It is repeated at the Flood from Gen 1:28 and Im accepting a literal interpretation. The expansion of the genetic pool is instantaneous according to the Word of God not linear progression...Im not a scientist or a theologian but that's what it sounds like....and the implications are that there never is a constriction and we shouldnt abandon a young earth hypothesis because that earth was destroyed. It is unfalsifiable to science that it existed and all we have left is the genetics of Noah, his family, and the animals on the ark.

The seas are teeming when He says they are.

The fig tree shrivels at His command!

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, dprprb said:

Then FYI the Scripture that supports his hypothesis is "Be fruitful and fill the earth..." and that it is instantaneous like Creation days.

Just to clarify....   Are you saying that when God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, the earth was instantaneously filled with people???

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, he reserved for people who doing anything but keeping the letter of the law.   Jesus main complaint to religious establishment was they were skirting the law  and making up their own rules to fulfill their own sinful self-indulgence.    These were men who rejected the law, both in letter and spirit.

You need to read your Bible a little better and be more prepared before trying to lecture me on theology.

True, the pharisees of Jesus's day did add to the law and He rightly and pointendly condemned this. He also condemned behavior that neglected people. Matthew 23:23 - "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

I offered a well-meaning, Biblically-based, note of suggestion to encourage kindness. All I ask is that you give it some thought, I'm not asking for a defense or explanation.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

6 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I offered a well-meaning, Biblically-based, note of suggestion to encourage kindness.

Do you think , believe,  or don't know whether SINNERS ought to be treated the same as Jesus and the Apostles and the Prophets and all the messengers of Yahweh treated them, 

or do you think, believe, or were told by someone to ignore their SIN ?

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

True, the pharisees of Jesus's day did add to the law and He rightly and pointendly condemned this. He also condemned behavior that neglected people. Matthew 23:23 - "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

Which came from neglecting the law, not caring more about the law than people. 

I offered a well-meaning, Biblically-based, note of suggestion to encourage kindness. All I ask is that you give it some thought, I'm not asking for a defense or explanation.

Well, you got one whether you wanted it or not in order to deal with your errant theology and biblical illiteracy regarding Jesus and how He dealt with His opponents.

No one has been mistreated; they have been corrected regarding their attempt to lecture us about the Bible.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Well, you got one whether you wanted it or not in order to deal with your errant theology and biblical illiteracy regarding Jesus and how He dealt with His opponents.

My post on this topic was a call to treating each other with kindness. This is obviously not "errant theology and biblical illiteracy regarding Jesus".

Guest shiloh357
Just now, one.opinion said:

My post on this topic was a call to treating each other with kindness. This is obviously not "errant theology and biblical illiteracy regarding Jesus".

Your post was an attempt to tell me that Jesus would not have responded the way I did.  My response to show that Jesus actually responded in a manner was actually worse than me and by your standards,  "unChristlike."

13 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Do you think , believe,  or don't know whether SINNERS ought to be treated the same as Jesus and the Apostles and the Prophets and all the messengers of Yahweh treated them, 

or do you think, believe, or were told by someone to ignore their SIN ?

I have said from the very beginning in my "side bar" here that correction is good and right. There are kind ways to do this and unkind ways. My suggestion is that we should strive to correct in kind ways. Kindness should be shown to believers and unbelievers alike.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I have said from the very beginning in my "side bar" here that correction is good and right. There are kind ways to do this and unkind ways. My suggestion is that we should strive to correct in kind ways. Kindness should be shown to believers and unbelievers alike.

No one has been unkind.  Don't confuse being nice with being kind.   Was Jesus unkind when called the Pharisees "sons of Hell?"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The point Paul was making is that those who reject the knowledge of God are without excuse because even creation itself testifies of Him.

It is not claiming that you don't need the Bible.   The Bible IS necessary for understanding the plan of redemption, for understanding WHO God is and how He operates and thinks and not merely WHAT God is.

Right.  Even people who are not aware of scripture.  Like those without access, or those who have not heard, or those who can't read.  So, reading scripture is not that critical.  But it is useful. 

Edited by SkyWriting