• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

33 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

But Adam and the Garden and the stars were already aged by the end of the first few days.

Trees producing fruit, Adam talking and walking, rocks were rock hard.  Scientifically
creation was already ancient from week one.  You can't scientifically ask for the earth
to be young, and then have an ancient planet provided by the end of the first week. 

Scientifically, you can't have it both ways. Spiritually you can do what you wish.
But insisting on "young" is not scripturally scientific.

So you place science above the bible? 

Scientifically a man hung on a cross and speared, declared dead and buried, cant be raised and in front of witnesses ascend to heaven. 

Scientifically that same man cant pay for your sins. 

And yet....

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

Now, there was a case where Jesus created wine, and a "science expert" or wine expert

said it was the "best wine".   We assume he thought it was properly aged in his evaluation.

This demonstrates that God can create aged things.   So God, likely, created an aged earth. 

And as the story illustrates, science is none the wiser.  So scientifically, the earth is old. 

Spiritually, man is only as old as Adam. 

No, God did not create an aged earth.  God created an earth that was functionally mature.   The age of the earth is not based on appearance, but on time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, God did not create an aged earth.  God created an earth that was functionally mature.   The age of the earth is not based on appearance, but on time.

Spiritually speaking.  But scientifically, the rocks were cool and hard and if hit by a hammer ancient seeming like any rock today. 

Science goes by looks for determining if time has passed.  So we expect the earth to look ancient as described in genesis, not young.  Stars twinkling, ancient planets whirling...all looking scientifically ancient. 

We expect the appearance of billions of years.  Just as we expect Adam to be 20 or 30, by our standards, or so at the end of creation week.

Edited by SkyWriting

14 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

So you place science above the bible? 

Scientifically a man hung on a cross and speared, declared dead and buried, cant be raised and in front of witnesses ascend to heaven. 

Scientifically that same man cant pay for your sins. 

And yet....

I do not.   I am simply saying that THE Garden appeared old, so we should expect all the earth and creation to appear old. 
Because the Garden and Adam appear to be old in scripture, so we should expect the Cosmos to look old. 

Scientifically the cosmos looks old.  No surprise.

Edited by SkyWriting

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

Spiritually speaking. 

No, not spiritually speaking.   We are talking about the physical earth and Bible's description of it, which you apparently don't believe.

But scientifically, the rocks were cool and hard and if hit by a hammer ancient seeming like any rock today. 

Science goes by looks for determining if time has passed.  So we expect the earth to look ancient as described in genesis, not young.  Stars twinkling, ancient planets whirling...all looking scientifically ancient. 

We expect the appearance of billions of years.  Just as we expect Adam to be 20 or 30, by our standards, or so at the end of creation week.

Baloney...  If something is "aged"  we expect to see evidence of erosion and wear, scarred matter from natural disasters, cracks and so on.   God did not create the earth "aged."   

He created it functionally mature and ready to reproduce, not aged. 

Sorry, but we need to go by what the Bible says and not your speculations.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

I do not.   I am simply saying that THE Garden appeared old, so we should expect all the earth and creation to appear old. 
Because the Garden and Adam appear to be old in scripture, so we should expect the Cosmos to look old. 

Scientifically the cosmos looks old.  No surprise.

Were you there?   How do you know what the Garden and what Adam looked like?

2 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

No, physically speaking. And all I see here is you trying to cast doubt on the literal meaning of Scripture, in favor of a "meaning" that is more subjective than objective. A.K.A. "wiggle room" for making Scripture mean what you want it to mean.I wonder why?....

Hows about you provide your favorite passages about a young earth?

-Rule of thumb, every truth in scripture is covered by multiple authors.-

Genesis 49:26 The blessings of your father are mighty beyond the blessings of my parents, up to the bounties of the everlasting hills. May they be on the head of Joseph, and on the brow of him who was set apart from his brothers.

Habakkuk 3:6 He stood and measured the earth; he looked and shook the nations; then the eternal mountains were scattered; the everlasting hills sank low. His were the everlasting ways.

Psalm 76:4 You are radiant with light, more majestic than 

Thou enlightenest wonderfully from the everlasting hills.

Deuteronomy 33:15 with the choicest gifts of the ancient mountains

and
the fruitfulness of the everlasting hills;

12 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, not spiritually speaking.   We are talking about the physical earth and Bible's description of it, which you apparently don't believe.

Which part seems young to you?  Name the part that describes something, anything less than one year old.

1. God creates heaven and earth;
3. the light;
6. the firmament;
9. separates the dry land;
14. forms the sun, moon, and stars;
20. fishes and fowls;
24. cattle, wild beasts, and creeping things;
26. creates man in his own image, blesses him;
29. grants the fruits of the earth for food.

Genesis 2. Adam and Eve's Beginning in the garden of Eden

1. The first Sabbath.
4. Further details concerning the manner of creation.
8. The planting of the garden of Eden, and its situation;
15. man is placed in it; and the tree of knowledge forbidden.
18. The animals are named by Adam.
21. The making of woman, and the institution of marriage.

Edited by SkyWriting

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, SkyWriting said:

There is nothing the Bible that tells us that any of that is millions or billions of years old.   Age is based on time, not appearance by itself.   I am 50 years old, but I am commonly mistaken for someone in their late 30s.   I know men my same age, and they age must faster than I am aging. 

I know of 30 year-old men with a full head of gray hair or are already fully bald. 

Age is not based on appearance; it is based on time.   And the Bible simply doesn't make room for  millions or billions of years.

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Baloney...  If something is "aged"  we expect to see evidence of erosion and wear, scarred matter from natural disasters, cracks and so on.   God did not create the earth "aged." 

Jesus created wine that seems aged by any standards that people would use. 

Jesus "Healed" people......as if they had had weeks of rehab. 

"Time" is a huge part of almost every miracle in scripture.