• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

17 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Yes I am asking you to defend or simply give some fuller  fleshing out of  your premise that God loves Mormons just like "anyone", whoever "anyone" may be.

Seems to me God may not love everyone. He stated for example that He did not love Esau and Jacob alike. In fact one he hated one even while in he was still the womb of their mother.

It might be good to be able to have your thoughts reconciled to the notion that not all are loved, and that some may be hated. I see that as different from what I am to feel and do.  Malachi 1 and Romans 9 tells me that is purpose served by God in his hatred of some individuals,  people, and nations. So does God love all individuals?

Yes He so loved the world that He gave his son so that many may be saved- but all are not saved by the sacrifice made willingly by Jesus in obedience to the will of His Father.  So yes I do I seek your point of view and a reconciliation of your statement with statements in the Bible that God has had hate within Him for specific individuals and tribes and nations, as well as love.

God loves everyone. Not willing that anyone should perish but all come to repentance. We need to love Mormons but not to agree with them. We can in love speak christ to them.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

39 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

There is nothing to argue about the OP statement. If the mormons live by  their doctrines and it is in their holy books, then what are  they expected to believe, not what is written in there.   It is for the Christian to state it as a false doctrine as this is not in the bible and Christians do not believe the book of mormon are the word of God period.  

Exactly. And we are to extend the Love of our Father to them and pray for their salvation like we would for any wayward person.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

38 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Hello again. Would you say that you are a Calvinist? Some of what you say seems a bit like Calvinism.

I am a born again saint that tends to read the Bible and try to go by it's declarations, learning  by praying over the words I read, then  thinking, reading and praying yet again and by being guided by the Comforter the Holy Spirit. Much of what I read study and pray about does indeed seem to be in parallel conclusions to what was attacked by the group petitioning the  convention  the Synod at Dort that the church held to some four hundred years ago.

I do joke that I am  perhaps the sole  Freewill-Calvinist, in that I had  the freewill to deny God, even  deny God's existence, and did just that! 

Yet, when challenged directly by the specific call of the Holy Spirit of God to me personally, through an angel utilizing the image of my long deceased grandfather, I had no reasonable choice of freewill to continue my denials and clever  arguments, least not while still on this side of sanity. To do anything but rapidly turn about to my repentance of my sin against God,  I would have had to be insane or mentally incompetent. I could not even with freewill if I had it refuse the Holy Spirit's last warning and demand of me.  I definitely did not first choose God. I denied Him to my last brave breath  of resistance in the flesh without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

My freewill was crushed by the demand of the Holy Spirit to me to turn about NOW! God the Holy Spirit did so in  His service to God the Father, all in answer to the long agao prayers of  my grandparents to Jesus who is God, for my eternal salvation.  Those prayers dating from my birth until their deaths. My  declared repentance coming long long after their deaths.

Personally I think it is a trap of vanity with little profit in it  to get too deeply involved in  arguing over Calvinism versus Arminianism.

Edited by Neighbor

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Personally I think it is a trap of vanity with little profit in it  to get too deeply involved in  arguing over Calvinism versus Arminianism.

Thanks for your kind reply. I am afraid I am almost afraid to say too much about me personally since there are a couple that direct hateful words and judgement towards what I say and what I currently hold to be truth. They do not know me, yet they appear to think they do by their harsh tones; and one even told me, "don't call me brother". I have also been called a heretic too.

I have led a very interesting life and have failed at almost everything. By a thread and a prayer I did hold on to my sanity though.
I am not as bombastic as I was years ago, so I tend to err on the side of caution rather than shoot from the hip as before.

In our current very precarious existence, I think that treating others as I hope I am to be treated is a good thing and does no harm. Being as wily as a serpent and as harmless as a dove seems to suit my aging mind far better than locking swords over something that I am unsure of anyway. Thus I will extend that hand of fellowship to all and sundry, not noticing the 'filthy garments' they might be wearing. I will leave that up the the Lord Yeshua since He know the heart of a man.

I will tell the Truth as I see it though. And perhaps that is why some on this site do not like me one tiny bit. Oh well.
I used to fly all over fixing difficult controls and automation systems. I was a top troubleshooter, trainer and business development professional.
Those controls system work or they do not. Those systems do not like probabilities; they deal in absolutes. So that is rather the way I see things pretty much. If I cannot find the exact answer I tend to leave it well alone.
I fix what I can by exacting human standards and effort, never taking anybody's word for anything, but finding out for myself.

If I cannot fix it or understand it, then I will leave it alone and leave it up to God.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

My freewill was crushed by the demand of the Holy Spirit to me to turn about NOW! God the Holy Spirit did so in  His service to God the Father, all in answer to the long agao prayers of  my grandparents to Jesus who is God, for my eternal salvation.  Those prayers dating from my birth until their deaths. My  declared repentance coming long long after their deaths.

We have a lot in common here Neighbor!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

15 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

The Book of Mormon doesn't contain an error...it IS an error.  Mormons are not Christians and their 'Book' is no more Scriptural than the Qur'an.

And this coming from our flower garden section :happyhappy: 

16 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

God loves everyone. Not willing that anyone should perish but all come to repentance. We need to love Mormons but not to agree with them. We can in love speak christ to them.

Hi Wayne,

I too have dealt with Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ, from even before I knew God. I have no qualms about loving any person any at all.

I do have trouble tolerating all persons activities and mindsets. I will not tolerate without objection, and even some combat, any that try to do me harm,  try to harm my family, my country, my church.  -Unless the Holy Spirit guides me to remain silent and still.

I especially feel saddened by those that do as I did, denying God altogether. For they are the most foolish of all, yet think themselves brilliant above all others. That arrogance I do hate*. But in all cases, I must submit to God, for I am a soldier, one of low rank too. I do what I am commanded. I must, it is a soldier's lot.

I trust my General, my God. I trust in the structure of His command, Father-Son -Holy Ghost/Spirit. I trust in Deity and creation of deity as being quite different things.  I do not find my creator Jesus  to be in conflict with His Father at all. I find Him to be doing His Father's will. I find Jesus leaving to prepare a place for me personally, and leaving me personally with the safety and the comforting by God the Holy Spirit.

* It seems true to me that what I hate/dislike the most in others is the flaws that  are the preeminent ones found within myself. I think I hate them the most because they are so familiar to me, having owned them myself. Slowly I lose many of them, as my sanctification occurs, by the lessons of God given to me, and sometimes forced upon me. I hate the shame of it, but must own it, and in owning it be ever more deeply humble in appreciation of the awesome love that is the sacrifice by God-man Jesus on the cross at Calvary.   Jesus is the God of my shame.

I have no superior claim to God's love over any person, any nation, any race. I have only the call by the Holy Spirit to rest upon, and that was nothing of me,  but instead  all of God the Father-Son-and Holy Spirit.

As I see it God will save whom He will save and there is but one way He brings His salvation, that being by Jesus alone. I ask the question are all saved? And the answer I see is; no, all are not saved. Instead all are condemned, all having fallen short of perfection the Glory of God. Yet some are by God's grace and mercy alone saved anyway. I also see that God is pleased by those that He has saved giving testimony, being witnesses to His unmerited Grace and mercy upon each of those He has foreknown and predestined to be of the flock of the Good Shepherd Jesus, of which Jesus does not lose a one.

I can't help it if one camp of thought sees God helping man save himself, or another sees God saving man first before man even responds. And it just doesn't matter much, fact not really a wit to me. God has called me. Me! And I have been saved to eternal life with Him. Amen and hallelujah! For I know there is no merit within me that justifies such love from God.

I do call upon all that will read of my own plea, please ask God to hear your repentant desire to turn about from sin against Him, and to instead embrace His will for your personal  life. Ask of the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth of the Gospel of Jesus so that you may have faith of Jesus that  will save you onto eternal life with God, and  changing even your nature today so  that while still  in this flesh  you may know God and be of His children. May God hear your plwa today and may th eHoly Spirit reveal the truth that is Jesus even now. That is my plea for all that have not yet come to know Jesus is Lord God and savior. May many be saved and found mature in the Lord.

Edited by Neighbor

15 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

We have a lot in common here Neighbor!

I will make it a point to go find your testimony, is it here somewhere?  

ah, I found your website.

Edited by Neighbor

I think that one reason that Christians have little power and the fact that people "do not take us seriously anymore" is due to infighting over minutiae. They probably do not see much love and care among Christians. They probably see a great deal of animosity over small stuff. They probably see inquisitions galore and are put off. They probably do not want to be involved in such nit picking.
Proclaiming truth and inerrancy while you stomp on your brother is poor form and not becoming a Christian.

As Yeshua said, a kingdom divided will not stand.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

As Yeshua said, a kingdom divided will not stand.

Yeshua still says this: it is truth today as it always was. 

Also ,  thankfully,  He Says in Scripture that His Ekklesia are echad,  one with Him as He is with the Father.

All through the New Testament this is seen written - "the assembly(or ekklesia) living IN UNION WITH YESHUA" along with many immeasurable gifts : (continual peace, joy and righteousness (instead of continual sin) ) ....

Thus,  today, when it does not match up with the New Testament,  ..... .......  well..... it's not just Mormons gone astray...

• Thumbs Up 1