• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, hmbld said:

You post the same argument over and over, so constant checking and rechecking your long lists of verses don’t have to happen in less than an hour. They have been checked by many over the years you continue to post them, and they are found to be false interpretations every time. It’s not God’s Word that is called such. 

You know why I post this over and over? Because some people do get it despite the majority who don't.

I wrote this and I will stand by it.

What were/ are people ignorant of?

2 Peter 3:5-7; 

V. 5, For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
 V. 6, Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
  V. 7, But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

This is what men are willingly ignorant of.

That by the Word of God the heavens were created of old (V. 5: Ps. 68:33; 93:2; 102:25; Mic. 5:2).

That the earth was established in and out of the water (V.5; Ps. 24:2; 136:6).

That the world "that then was" refers to the pre-Adamite world or social system which was destroyed by a great universal flood before Adam (V. 6: Gen. 1:2; Ps. 104:5-9; Jer. 4:23-26; Isa. 14:12-14; Ez. 28:11-17).

That the heavens and the earth "which are now" were restored from chaos and judgment about 6000 years ago in Adams day (V. 7; Gen. 1:3-2:25).

That the heavens and the earth entered their second sinful career through Adam and are now reserved for a second universal renovation by fire at the time of the great white throne judgment at the end of the Millennium (V. 7, 10-12; Rom. 8:18-25; Heb. 1:10-12, 12:25-28; Rev. 20:7-15).

Two social systems are mentioned by Peter: one was before the one which is now, and the other after the one that then was (V. 6-7).

The former social system "Perished" by water and the present one will perish by fire (V. 6-7).

The former social system was created "In the beginning" and was destroyed by the flood of Gen. 1:1-2). The present social system was created in 6 days since the flood of Gen. 1:2 (Gen. 1:3-2:25).

The flood of Noah did not destroy all the social system on earth between Adam and Noah, for some were preserved in the Arc to continue that social system after the flood; but the social system "that then was" before the present one utterly perished.

Not one man, bird, or animal was left alive (V. 6; Gen. 1:2; Jer. 4: 23-26).

No reference in Scripture can be found of a change in the heavens and the earth in Noahs day, as in Adams day (gen. 1:3-2:25). This proves that the world "that then was" had to be before Adams day because the heavens and the earth "which are now" came into existence at that time and not at the time of Noah.

There was no man, bird, vegetation, or any life left after the flood of V. 6; Gen. 1:2. They were made again in the 6 days (Gen. 2:4-9). That they had been here before Adams day is clear from Jer. 4:23-26.

********************************************************************************************

5, For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water, and in the water: 

This proves the world was not created all wet as I  Gen. 1:2, but dry, then flooded and later restored to a dry state as in Gen. 1:9-10.

The world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished.

The world, Greek, kosmos, social system. The one that then was being deluged with water perished, (V. 6). Here Peter is referring to the pre-Adamite world that "TOTALLY "perished by the flood of Gen. 1:2; Ps.104:5-9. There was no man, bird, or any other life left after this flood (Jer. 4:23-26).

23, I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void;  and the heavens they had no light. 
    24, I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
    25, I beheld, and, lo, there was NO MAN, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
    26, I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

The only time the earth has ever been without form and void was before the 6 days of Gen. 1:3-2:25 when it was made chaos through the fall of Lucifer and the pre-Adamites, when God brought the first great universal flood upon the earth to destroy "ALL LIFE" (Gen. 1:2; 2 Peter 3:5-7). The statement "without form and void" means desolate and empty. The only time the sun, moon, and stars of heaven were forbidden to give light on the earth was in the period before the six days of re-creation, as in Gen. 1:2. There had been light on the earth when it was first created, "In the beginning (Gen. 1:1), and there has been light ever since the first day of Gen. 1:3-31; so the period of such darkness took place on the earth sometime after the beginning and before the restoration to a second habitable state in the six days of gen. 1:3-2:25.

Permanent and eternal laws were given to the sun, moon, and stars at this time as proved in Jer. 31:35-36; Gen. 1:14-19; Ps. 72:5, 17; 89:35-37.

One thing is certain, Jer. 4:23-26 could not apply to the time of Noah, for at that time the heavens had lights, and there were men, birds, animals, and fruitful places, (Noah sent out a bird and it returned with a leaf), left on the earth after Noahs flood; whereas in the case of the curse brought upon the original earth, none of these things remained. Therefore if we rightly divide the Word of Truth we should associate Jer. 4:23-26, with Gen. 1:2 and 2 Peter 3:5-6, recognising that there had been light, fixed mountains and hills, men and birds, fruitful places, and cities on the earth before this curse, and before Adam and the six days of restoration to a second habitable state as in Gen. 1:3-2:25.

The purpose of God showing Jeremiah the total destruction of life on the earth in Jer. 4:23-26 was to reveal how the land of Juda would be destroyed, and to make a comparison between the two times. In the original judgment on the whole earth all life had been destroyed, but in Judah God was to make an exception; He declared He would not make a full end on the original earth (V. 27).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

My opinion is your focus on the willingly ignorant phrase is all wrong. Even if I let all the verses you believe prove your opinion go, what good does believing 2 floods do?  Let it go, focus on Jesus, not these unproven theories. 

2 hours ago, hmbld said:

My opinion is your focus on the willingly ignorant phrase is all wrong. Even if I let all the verses you believe prove your opinion go, what good does believing 2 floods do?  Let it go, focus on Jesus, not these unproven theories. 

What does believing 2 floods do? It shows that some people get what God is showing in His Word, regarding the fall of the devil and one third of God's angels. The Devil does not want people to know who he truly is and the fact that he invaded Heaven to try and dethrone God, in fact he has many Christians believing hell is temporary and not an eternal place of punishment. He also has people believing OSAS so they can live life not being careful they fall into sin and not repent because their already saved.

Explain just these two simple examples of two floods and make them one.

Lucifers Flood. No man left on earth in Gen. 1:2 ; Jer. 4:23-26 ; 2 Pet. 3:5-6).
Noah's Flood.  There were Eight men and women left after Noah's flood not to mention all the animals (Gen. 6:18 ; 8:15-22 ; 9:1-16 ; 1 Pet. 3:20).

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-Adamite world - Overthrown of the first social system - Finis J. Dake