IGNORED

Will there be animal sacrifice during the 1000 years millennium?

missmuffet

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Christ became our sacrifice for all times.  

Heb 10:8  Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9  Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
Heb 10:10  By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb 10:11  And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
Heb 10:12  But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

So in the Millennium  you will be sacrificing your" love" to Him.   And I know what it says in Eze 40- end.   

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

If one was to kill an animal and offer it to Him now,  it would mean you didn't believe He wasn't worthy to die for our sins on the cross.   

Edited by 7trumpets
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The way I see it the very first sacrifice of an animal  was not  for a giving of thanks. It was for the temporary covering of the penalty for sin against God. God in His righteous anger provided cover by His own hand by the killing of an innocent that another might still live even in their shame. That sacrifice  done by God demonstrated the degree of horror that is in sin against Him, and the price that must be paid as a result, which is death;  and also that only death of an innocent may sufficice to even temporarily satisfy the price of sin.

That first sacrifice began "the scarlet thread of redemption"*. That first blood sacrifice of an innocent animal was made by almighty God. It told all of creation  to come that redemption from sin that had entered into God's creation could not be covered by what is woven of human hands.

* Credit given to W. A. Criswell; see W. A. Criswell Study Bible page XIII

Excerpt from the much fuller text of Leviticus ( 17); "For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you on the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life. "

That's my long time view as well. A temporary sin covering of blood until Jesus paid the full price on the Cross. Just like Abraham's bosom was temporary until Jesus' death and resurrection and He emptied the Paradise side of Sheol and took them to heaven. 

I also believe the animal sacrifices during the millennium are a continuation and fulfillment, of a postponement of Hebrew / Jewish history cut short and prophecy to completion. If that makes any sense? I also think the animal sacrifices applies only to the Holy Land, and not the gentile nations during the millennium? 

Another thing I noticed about conditions during the millennium, and please correct me if I'm misunderstanding it. The lion will lay down with the lamb and the wolf with the sheep. These animals will become vegetarians as I believe they were before the fall of Adam. However, if you pay particular attention to the wording, this appears to be only around the Lord's mountain, meaning I think Jerusalem or maybe all of Israel. I can't seem to stretch this animal / human harmony interaction globally? What's your understanding?

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 11/28/2017 at 6:48 PM, Dennis1209 said:

That's my long time view as well.

I also believe the animal sacrifices during the millennium are a continuation and fulfillment, of a postponement of Hebrew / Jewish history cut short and prophecy to completion. If that makes any sense? I also think the animal sacrifices applies only to the Holy Land, and not the gentile nations during the millennium? 

Another thing I noticed about conditions during the millennium, and please correct me if I'm misunderstanding it. The lion will lay down with the lamb and the wolf with the sheep. These animals will become vegetarians as I believe they were before the fall of Adam. However, if you pay particular attention to the wording, this appears to be only around the Lord's mountain, meaning I think Jerusalem or maybe all of Israel. I can't seem to stretch this animal / human harmony interaction globally? What's your understanding?

Hi,  Please allow me time to diagram for myself and then articulate my understanding for consideration. It has been awhile and my own mind is foggy after  a long trek on the road.

May I suggest  Zola Levitt ministries as a good resource. Zola through  his excellent effort was a much appreciated mentor for me through study of these matters.

I'm finding my mind has gotten lazy lately, and that I have need to go back and do a real timeline diagram, count up who is doing what at that time. I have evidently lost track  and am not confident  of my recollections. This getting old, is hard. The mental file cabinets of information stored just doesn't want to open and connect with the tongue, fingers, or even  conscious mind.

BUT I am tempted to say yes to all that you have mentioned as your own understanding. Should be fun to study. Always learn something new as well as anew.

Edited by Neighbor
corrected typos and spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,  Please allow me time to diagram for myself and then articulate my understanding for consideration. It has been awhile and my own mind is foggy after  a long trek on the road.

May I suggest  Zola Levitt ministries as a good resource. Zola through  his excellent effort was a much appreciated mentor for me through study of these matters.

I'm finding my mind has gotten lazy lately, and that I have need to go back and do a real timeline diagram, count up who is doing what at that time. I have evidently lost track  and am not connfident  of my recalections. This getting old, is hard. The mental file cabinets of information stored just doesn't want to open and connect wit the tongue, fingers, or even  conscious mind.

BUT I am tempted to say yes to all that you have mentioned as your own understanding. Should be fun to study. Always learn something new as well as anew.

Hey Neighbor!

I fully understand. I really like this forum to express and talk about Gods Word and learn a little something I don't fully understand in scripture. At my age, I'm also starting to have some difficulty remembering what I use to know and getting somewhat forgetful. It's starting to get a little flustering... Take care.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

On 11/28/2017 at 5:07 AM, missmuffet said:

The millenial temple and its sacrifices will serve as a daily reminder of fallen man's need for a Holy God. It will not diminish the finished work of Christ. Although many will turn against Christ during this time.

Hi missmuffet

So we are going backwards now?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

missmuffet

Please read carefully

Isaiah 56:1   Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Isaiah 56:2   Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

Speaking to them back then who were under the law.

Isaiah 56:3   Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

Isaiah 56:4   For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

Isaiah 56:5   Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

Anyone back then who kept God's law are one with Israel, even the eunuchs

Isaiah 56:6   Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Even the strangers who kept the sabbath and loved the Lord

Isaiah 56:7   Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Even all those "extra's" who obeyed the Lord under the LAW back then, who offered burnt offerings, and gave sacrifices as was according to God's law back then,...if they love the Lord, and choose to follow in his commandments ....they SHALL be accepted upon God's altar.

God's altar is in the heart.  He is not talking about a physical altar where they start sacrificing as before ...during the millennium, ...no they made the temple of the Lord inside their hearts.  Their hearts and their sacrifices were clean because of their love for the Lord.  The sacrifices they made came from the heart, that altar where God dwells for all who love him.

These "extra's" will be brought back with the remnants of Israel into the 1000 yrs kingdom.  This is when they will know their sacrifices SHALL be accepted, when they find themselves brought back into the 1000 yr kingdom.  It doesn't mean they are going to go backwards.  The NT makes it clear those animal sacrifices and burn't offerings were done away with in Christ. 

Isaiah is tricky.  We have to read it carefully.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

... https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/revelation/related-topics/millennial-sacrifices.html

... "One of the more difficult aspects of the Millennial Kingdom concerns passages which make plain that a sacrificial system will be active during the thousand year reign of Christ on earth. These sacrifices are both by Ezekiel in his famous passage concerning the Millennial Temple (Eze. Eze. 43:20, Eze. 43:26; Eze. 45:15, Eze. 45:17, Eze. 45:20), but also by four other prophets (Isa. Isa. 56:7; Isa. 66:20-23; Jer. Jer. 33:18; Zec. Zec. 14:16-21; Mal. Mal. 3:3-4).1 If the writer of Hebrews indicates that Christ’s one-time sacrifice has made a new and living way to approach God (Heb. Heb. 10:20), then what possible purpose would future sacrifices serve, especially after the return of Christ and during His righteous rule from Jerusalem?"

"Notes

"1 “It must not be forgotten that Ezekiel is not alone in this affirmation of a revival of a temple ritual in the coming Kingdom. As Reeve says, ‘The great prophets all speak of a sacrificial system in full vogue in the Messianic Age.’ [J. J. Reeve, ‘Sacrifice,’ I.S.B.E., op cit., Vol. IV, p. 2651.].”—Alva J. McClain, The Greatness Of The Kingdom (Winona Lake, IN: BMH Books, 1959), 251.

2 Jerry M. Hullinger, “The Problem of Animal sacrifices in Ezekiel 40-48,” in Bibliotheca Sacra, vol. 152 no. 607 (Dallas, TX: Dallas Theological Seminary, July-Sep 1995), 279.

3 McClain, The Greatness Of The Kingdom, 250.

4 John L. Mitchell, “The Problem of Millennial Sacrifices, Part 2,” in Bibliotheca Sacra, vol. 110 no. 440 (Dallas, TX: Dallas Theological Seminary, Oct-Dec 1953), 360.

"10 The population who entered the kingdom in their natural unresurrected bodies and who will eventually die.

11 J. Dwight Pentecost, Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House, 1958), 512-531.

12 John F. Walvoord, The Millennial Kingdom (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House, 1959), 305-315.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi missmuffet

So we are going backwards now?

I trust and agree with the Bible scholars on this.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

From Luke: " Woe to you, scholars of the law[Bible, Torah]! You have taken away the key of knowledge. You yourselves did not enter and you stopped those trying to enter.” 53 When he left, the scribes and Pharisees began to act with hostility toward him and to interrogate him about many things, 54 for they were plotting to catch him at something ..."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Animal Sacrifices in the Millennium?

One of the most embarrassing aspects of Dispensationalism is their insistence that there will be a return to animal sacrifices during the Millennium. Most Dispensationalists have no idea that this is part of their system. The Progressive Dispensationalists have mostly abandoned this element. However, the hard-core Dispensationalists still hold to it.

If you recall, Dispensationalists believe that after his second coming, Jesus will reign on the earth for exactly one thousand years. This thousand-year period is often called the Millennium, taken from the Latin phrase "thousand years," found in Revelation 20.

Whereas all Premillennialists believe in a future Millennium on earth, Dispensationalists are unique in that they believe that the temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem, according to the vision given in Ezekiel 40-48. Herein lies the problem.

The vision in Ezekiel 40-48 includes animal sacrifices. Because Dispensationalists are committed to a literal, future fulfillment of Ezekiel 40-48, Dispensationalists believe that there will be a return to animal sacrifices during the Millennium.

Some Dispensationalists have tried to skirt the issue by arguing that the animal sacrifices are of a memorial nature. Thus, the animal sacrifices are simply pointing back to the death of Christ, in a similar way that the Lord's Supper points back to Christ.

However, the text of Ezekiel 40-48 belies this claim. These are not mere memorial animal sacrifices. Fourteen times, the text calls for a "sin offering" (Ezekiel 40:39; 42:13; 43:19, 21, 22, 25; 44:27, 29; 45:17, 19, 22, 23, 25; 46:20). Leviticus describes the sin offering as "making atonement" (Leviticus 4:20, 26, 31, 35, etc.). These are animal sacrifices to atone for sin.

Thus, according to Dispensationalists, during the future Millennium, there will be a temple in Jerusalem with Levitical priests offering animal sacrifices to atone for sin.

Most Christians find such a belief unsustainable in light of the book of Hebrews. God repeatedly stresses that the Old Covenant is finished. It is obsolete (Hebrews 8:13). The sacrificial system was "imposed until the time of reformation" (Hebrews 9:10). Christ's sacrifice was the once-for-all-time sacrifice (Hebrews 9:26).

Yet, Dispensationalists persist in their belief of a future Millennium with animal sacrifices. There are some other rather novel attempts to explain future animal sacrifices, but none has gained a wide following, and most find them woefully inadequate.

Rather than engage these point-by-point and getting lost in the details, I believe it is more helpful to look at the big picture. "Future animal sacrifices" is one of those Copernican Revolution issues about which I wrote in the early days of this blog.

Do future animal sacrifices make any sense, given the book of Hebrews and the rest of Scripture? Is this not an obvious fatal flaw in Dispensationalism? Should this not cause one to question the entire system?

I am not saying that Ezekiel 40-48 is an easy text to interpret, yet future animal sacrifices ought to be the last interpretive option. The book of Hebrews alone ought to cause us to take a fresh look at Ezekiel 40-48 and see if God meant something other than future animal sacrifices.

This is not a matter of changing the original meaning of Ezekiel 40-48. I am not going get into the details of the exegesis (perhaps in a future post), but Ezekiel 40-48 can be understood without violating authorial intent and without resorting to future animal sacrifices.

http://www.jewishroots.net/library/end-times/animal-sacrifices.html

• Thumbs Up 2