• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hey Justin!

To save me a little time, do you have the location for Jasher. I'm familiar with the book of Enoch, but Jasher not so. I've always thought their might be more to the story about Sodom and Gomorrah, solely than its destruction because of wide spread sodomy. Another thing that's puzzled me, is why was Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt for a memorial?  There was good reason for our Lord's seemingly harsh punishment of Lot's wife I know, but I don't understand it yet.

http://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/home.html

This is one of them. I have not checked it out completely yet. I used to read it on my phone during boring sermons...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hey Justin!

To save me a little time, do you have the location for Jasher. I'm familiar with the book of Enoch, but Jasher not so. I've always thought their might be more to the story about Sodom and Gomorrah, solely than its destruction because of wide spread sodomy. Another thing that's puzzled me, is why was Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt for a memorial?  There was good reason for our Lord's seemingly harsh punishment of Lot's wife I know, but I don't understand it yet.

Might be able to help here, according to some understanding the Lord was gracious to give......As God charged the people of Noah's day with violence........so too Sodom's tipping point came when the people became sexual predators and rapists.  And when Lot's wife turned back to watch the judgment of Sodom, it was a matter of self-righteously condemning them in her heart.......turning into a pillar of salt is like being pickled in one's own brine of pickle juice until chrystalizing, as it were.......locked into rigid bondage to flesh and unable to follow and move where the Spirit blows, ending in death.  (Whereas our conversation is to be FULL of GRACE and only seasoned with salt.)  It's also a matter of obeying where God says to forget what is past and press on to what lies ahead.........if we just keep looking back at where we were, and picking it to death, we will fail to move on to what the Lord has for us next........see He is doing a NEW thing, and behold He makes all things NEW.....newness refers to something being made spiritual.  Our purpose in leaving apostate churches is not to stand picking and criticizing them to death and watching their humiliation as it were, from such we are to TURN AWAY from and continue moving on in what the Lord is leading us to......His mountains, meaning higher......the upward call.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/19/2017 at 6:14 PM, Victor Savin said:

Hi,

I am new on Worthy.

i would like to ask something about nephilims. If God sent the flood to eliminate them and every corrupted creature, what kind of being is Goliath and Og king of Bashan?

There are giants today.

The Anakites like Goliath and Og were likely genetic oddities. But that is just my opinion. There appears to have been yet more demonic mating with human females since the flood. There is some evidence of demons visiting cultures around the world. And some of these people, when you look at the Egyptian or Babylonian (or whatever) carvings, they were HUGE. Giants today nearly always have serious health issues due to their height unlike most giants in ancient times and they dont even come close to the height of some of these people found in ancient carvings.

So that would suggest that there was more Nephilim activity after the flood. 

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I've been reading Jasher for hours. I only reached ch 13. It's talking about Abram and Nimrod. I wouldn't consider it scripture but it goes into great detail which the Bible doesn't. So far it hasn't said anything that's anti Bible. 

As I said yesterday, a person should know the Bible well before reading these writings.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

16 hours ago, JTC said:

Greetings Victor,  You're new to Worthy but are you new to the Bible? I've read Enoch, part of Jasher, and a few other extra Biblical writings. Some were interesting and possibly true, some seemed like nonsense. What I want to tell you is that no one should read these other books until they have first read the entire Bible and maybe even more than once. If you haven't studied the Bible you won't know what may be true and what can't be true. I too was intrigued that the apostles all quoted from Enoch. However, that doesn't prove it's true but rather that it was well known and widely read. Bear that in mind. First learn the Bible. Most likely you will have many questions. The other ancient writings may answer some questions but I think much of them is not true. So proceed with caution and always go back to accepted scriptures.   

I'm going to agree with that 100%, JTC.  One must learn to walk before they can run.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

27 minutes ago, JTC said:

I've been reading Jasher for hours. I only reached ch 13. It's talking about Abram and Nimrod. I wouldn't consider it scripture but it goes into great detail which the Bible doesn't. So far it hasn't said anything that's anti Bible. 

As I said yesterday, a person should know the Bible well before reading these writings.

You need to go back and read chapter 12 again.  ;)

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

15 minutes ago, Jayne said:

You need to go back and read chapter 12 again.  ;)

Jayne, why don't you just tell me what's in ch 12? Due to cataracts I can't read well, so I have an audio version playing while I try to read along. The audio version is being read very fast. What did I miss.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, JTC said:

Jayne, why don't you just tell me what's in ch 12? Due to cataracts I can't read well, so I have an audio version playing while I try to read along. The audio version is being read very fast. What did I miss.

My mother is dealing with cataracts as well.  Her reading ability is difficult so I sympathize.

Well, there really is a lot in Jasher that just doesn't jive with scripture.  In chapter 12, Jasher says that Abraham was 50 when he left for the Promised Land and the Bible puts him at 75.  I've read parts of Jasher myself and also studied what others have said.  I never take anyone's word for anything - pro or con.  I always fact check.

Jasher 81 says that Pharoah did not die when God parted and closed the Red Sea, and that Pharoah thanked God for it and God used him in Ninevah.

Jasher 81:40-41 - "And when the children of Israel had entered the sea, the Egyptians came after them, and the waters of the sea resumed upon them, and they all sank in the water, and not one man was left excepting Pharaoh, who gave thanks to the Lord and believed in him, therefore the Lord did not cause him to perish at that time with the Egyptians.  And the Lord ordered an angel to take him from amongst the Egyptians, who cast him upon the land of Ninevah and he reigned over it for a long time."

Exodus 14, Psalms 106 and 136, and Nehemiah 9 all say that the enemies of Israel ALL died.  Psalm 136 specifically mentions Pharoah.  Exodus 14 states that the Israelites saw them all dead on the seashore.

Jasher 41 tells a tale of Joseph, after being sold into slavery, falling on his mother's grave in Bethlehem and crying for her to rise up and to take pity on him.  She begins speaking to him, it specifically says, "he heard her voice coming from the ground" and she tries to console him.  Jasher says that she told him that the LORD would take care of him. 

Deuteronomy 18 says that consulting the dead is an abomination.

JTC, I am not saying don't read the book of Jasher.  Just know that it is not the book that is mentioned in the Old Testament and that with these and at least 20 more grievous contradictions and outright unbiblical teachings, how are we do know that the parts that seem to just "add" to the Bible aren't just made up?

Read it and all extra Biblical books that claim to be scripture with great, great caution and only for entertainment purposes.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

17 hours ago, Jayne said:

The sins of Sodom [and Gomorrah] are explicitly outlined in Ezekiel 16:48-52 where God is condemning Jerusalem and comparing them to pagan nations.

"As I live, declares the Lord God, your sister Sodom and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done.  Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.   They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it. Samaria has not committed half your sins. You have committed more abominations than they, and have made your sisters appear righteous by all the abominations that you have committed.  Bear your disgrace, you also, for you have intervened on behalf of your sisters. Because of your sins in which you acted more abominably than they, they are more in the right than you. So be ashamed, you also, and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous."

People today have said that if America doesn't wake up and repent, we will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.

They have this misguided notion that Sodom and Gomorrah were the worst to places to have ever lived.

God already said in his word, in Ezekiel that they weren't.

Why did he destroy them?  He saw fit to when he saw the great sin.

When inquity rages in the land

and churches build their house on sand

When inquity rises to the full

then the dark one stands to rule.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

20 hours ago, HisFirst said:

The elongated skulls of Paracas make one ponder.

These elongated skulls have been found all over the world.

They are different to simply flat boarding the skull from babyhood to emulate the look.

The actual structure of the skull plates are different.

Yep! The real distinguishing trademark that those Paracas skulls also possess, that rules out any controversy of any type of head boarding. I forget the medical technical term, but it's the opening in the base of the skull where the spinal cord goes through, it way to far to the rear, compared to humans. The DNA analysis of these skulls coming to light is interesting also. It's not so much of what they're finding, as what they're not finding.

In addition, these elongated skulls normally have about 1/3 more volume and mass than normal skulls, making the head boarding theory obsolete.

When all this scientific study is eventually accomplished and beyond dispute. Another theory will gain notoriety and evolve that's not biblical I'm sure. If one looks at the evidence, it's not just South America, but found globally. 

Makes you wonder how ancient man dragging their knuckles could build structures with stones weighing hundreds of tons, quarried away at great distances, with fits using no mortar, so tight it looks like everything was melted in place? It would be highly difficult to impossible to duplicate those structures today using cranes and all our technology. 

So, common sense would argue, that those that built those mega structures back then we either; huge giants, smart and technically advanced beyond our understanding, not human as we know it, or all three.