• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,624
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

23 hours ago, Quasar93 said:

Enoch, Noah, Job Abraham and Elijah, all communicated DIRECTLY with God.  

Quasar93 

:groan: that was the whole point, they didn't have scripture. 

1 hour ago, Davida said:

What utter nonsense to equivocate formal Bible studies & qualifications to - hitler, stalin and sanger? Those individuals have nothing to do with individuals who have taken formal Bible studies & received qualifications from them. Still those with formal Biblical studies & anyone else who posts here need to "show themselves approved" 2Tim2:15 "15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

yes,approved by God, not mankind. Since when are we instructed by scripture to seek man's approval on the truth of God's word? NEVER. 

Rightly dividing the truth is where the rubber meets the road. Often it is those who rebel against the scriptural Biblical discipleship, thinking they can disciple themselves, shunning the God given authority in the body of believers which is a pattern that is given us in the Scriptures to submit & follow. 

the pattern is also everyone is subject to one another, not just from the top down. And who approves this 'God given authority'? We are not talking about the powers that be, that's civil government. We all have the authority to study scripture, not just believe what ever come from 'big brother church'

Many opinionated posts that attempt to promote these personal faulty opinions as fact & take scripture out of context, regularly misusing scripture and misapplying it thinking it backs up their opinions. It is a promoted fallacy amongst these rebellious ones that anyone is qualified to teach, and that is not what scripture tells us. Being equal in Christ does not mean all are equal to teach or lead other believers and that is not what that scripture stated-Gal 3:28 was referring if that was the scripture alluded to. Again, regularly I read example upon example of the plucking a scripture out of context and people stamping their own meaning upon the scripture that was not intended and stubbornly refusing Biblical correction.

funny, that happens to me too, all the time. But just to be fair, which bible teacher would be the one with the straight dope? Even among approved and credentialed biblical scholars there is a wide variety of thought. How are we to know which is correct? Post tribs are correct. They have evidence. Mid tribs are right, they have better evidence. Prewrath has evidence. Pretrib is truth, with evidence. Who is the truth?

Edited by Diaste
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Davida said:

But we won't.

Because a person  believes winged invisible unicorns exist does not make it so, no matter how fervent the conviction. But have it your way. As I said before, when you see those things I'll be here. Please message me when the time comes

Edited by Diaste

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Oh dear. You did fit the bill rather well of my statement about parochial thought. - except I forgot the one you demonstrated for me.

Character assassination!

Thanks.

Well, if you see what I said it was about humans... however, if the cap fits then I guess your 'experts' can wear it.

When it comes to Israel, who but Hitler and Sanger would you rater me use as an extermination example? Remember that she liked the idea of euthanasia as well and loved the full title of Darwin's book. So read your history a little better to get the true gist of what I was saying. It had to do with Israel and people who think they are speaking for Yahweh when it comes to His people.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

Those who use "Yahweh" for Jesus Christ are deceiving and should not be allowed on this forum  

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Is it skilled or habitual? not quite sure at taking things out of context whether scripture or my post.

Evidence of what I took out of context, please. If you can prove it I'll apologize and change my ways.

But lets go back to who just might or might not be the authority to teach the bible with proper training and credentials. 

I question just whom that might be. There are probably 33,000 + denominations all over the world in the Christian church, at least 40 that we know of have different beliefs. Not sure that can be verified but that's the number I see. There are 6 major divisions in the Christian church: Independent, Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, Anglicans, something called Marginal, not sure what that means; but I would add a couple, Charismatic, Presbyterian and the TV preachers. It may be true all these agree on salvation, trinity, Jesus, etc, but vary widely on many doctrines, one  which would be the end of the age. Just on this forum I have seen  3 or 4 different takes on the seals of Rev. That's gotta be coming from somewhere. 

Fact is any division in the body is scandalous and horrifying and we live in an age of dozens, hundreds of divisions, based on wide ranging doctrinal matters. There is a great amount of doctrine in the bible to guide us beyond the truths we all agree on: Jesus sacrifice, resurrection, Triune Godhead, eternity, salvation, The Holy Spirit, the end of the age ,in fact if not mechanics, etc. Even then there are some who deny the Trinity, going so far as to say some scripture was added later. In the major denominations each says the other does not have truth, while the followers of the other are adamant they have the truth!

A person can go to any seminary he would like and receive all manner of training in the major denomination, ALL BACKED BY SCRIPTURE and promoted as truth. Which to believe? Quite the conundrum. Again, which end time scenario is the truth? Pretrib, Posttrib, Midtrib, Prewrath? And what of Premillennialism, Amillennialism, Postmillennialism? Who to trust?

Maybe we should just take the hand of those doctrines we like and forget the truth.

No, no...just kidding. We need to search the Lord God for the truth and leave man's wisdom behind.

They cannot all be correct. There is objective truth in the Lord. Somebody is wrong and I don't want to be that person. It's not that I need to be perfect, but I do need to speak and believe the right thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Davida said:

Your post was the one that did the "character assassinations"  by attacking actual qualified Biblical teachers  by - equivocating that "mindset"  to Nazis, Sanger, Stalin and Pol-pot - so give us a royal break- please. Once again, your post also gives a good example of turning truth on it's head.

What I said was -Those who are in rebellion to Biblical authority hate the authority that the church is made up of though, because they can't push themselves to the front of the assembly to indoctrinate believers with unbiblical opinions.   

May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.

2 Thessalonians 3:5 

This does not say 'men'. It says God and Jesus.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 8:12 

Whoever follows Jesus, not men.

It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

Deuteronomy 13:4

Don't really need to add anything here.

Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
who walk in obedience to him.

Psalm 128:1

And again...

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 8:31-32

Huh...hold to Jesus' teachings? To know the truth? That's for me!

Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 13:20-21

Ah, yes. That God may work in us, to please Him. Through Christ? Not men? Hmm...

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Those who use "Yahweh" for Jesus Christ are deceiving and should not be allowed on this forum  

Yeshua is Ieues - 'J' never existed in that language. Jesus you might call Him. The WORD is His other of many names.

Yahweh YWH is the the Elohim - God the Father. The Most High.